Brigitte's buff are actually really good!

Assuming this is just a straight increase to HPS and they are not increasing the duration, this means that Brigitte will now heal for 21.7HPS up from 16.67HPS.

This means that her healing aura is 36.6% more powerful than Lucio’s passive healing aura while having a 20m radius, which is 66.66% larger than Lucios aura at only 12m.

This is simply insane!!!

This is a potential of 8 second up-time of better Mercy healing (60HPS).
Each repair-pack has a 6 second CD and you have 3 of them which last for 2 seconds each, meaning if you use all 3, your 4th will be ready by the end of your last repair pack thrown.

It is better than “8 seconds of better Mercy healing” because unlike Mercy you can heal multiple targets at the same time, so it is a lot more flexible as well.

Finally this healing stacks with her passive inspire!!

Her overall healing output is going to be insane!! Probably higher than Moira while having much greater range and versatility due to health-packs while still being the best brawler support in the game.

Also remember Brigitte still has a knockback ability and a stun ability for any divers/flankers while also the simple existence of a shield is obviously great against a lot of CC and burst damage.

She still has her self-heal albeit a lot worse now but it is still something and she is the only support than has passive immunity to Hanzo headshot meaning only Widow can 1-shot her.

Needless to say, I think Brigitte is going to be incredibly powerful after this patch, in fact I think she is going to go straight into the meta!

14 Likes

What’s the CD on a repair pack charge?

I noticed you on other Brigitte threads, so you probably are well informed of this situation, yet you create this, praising this patch?
I mean, c’mon. Her healing numbers may be higher, but how will she use them if half of her kit has been insanely nerfed? She won’t be able to use Inspire nearly as often as before, and 120HP per 6 seconds isn’t amazing either.

8 Likes

I am betting 10 cookies you are wrong!!

I honestly think she is going to be incredibly powerful!
Brigitte’s healing output is already really good but this buff just increased massively!!

If Brigitte is capable of outputting healing on par or higher than even the best main supports while having the kit she does (shield+stun+knockback etc etc), I think she is going to be absolutely insane!

1 Like

Yes but she actually needs to do things for inspire to activate, lucio just needs to be there. Not to mention them cutting down her survivability as much as they did is going to hurt how often she has inspire up.

21 Likes

It is still 8 seconds of better Mercy healing before her even needing to get her passive online by dealing damage…

8 seconds is an incredibly long time by Overwatch standards and when she does start dealing damage, her 2 healing sources will stack together.

I can’t see a world where this doesn’t result in Brigitte having insane healing output.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be 6 seconds? 3 repair packs, 2 second heal.

yer but by the time you used the 3rd, a 4th will be ready for use.

So you got 8 seconds of effective better Mercy healing before CD’s start.

1 Like

Alright. Even though I explained this multiple times already, let me put it all in one post.
This is what she received

• huge Survivability nerf
  • Repair Pack buff
  • small Inspire buff

Let’s go of over what she is

• Immobile support hero
  • Huge hitbox
  • Close-Range hero

Now, tell me, with all of this above, how is she able to survive with a huge survivability nerf, without needing the help of the second healer?

• If she stays far away, she has a chance to survive, but a half of her kit is unused
  • If she’s in middle of the fight, it requires team effort to keep a support alive
    A team effort like this is costly, and requires other healer’s resources, same as team’s tanks’ resources. It’s not worth the healing output of her.
    Overall, currently, there isn’t a way that she can be used without team cooperation and healing from the other support. She is not capable of fighting a simple threat like Tracer, while other supports, are, because of their high mobility or damage.
15 Likes

Honestly a nice QoL buff would be making Repair Pack hitscan. So many times I’ve tossed a RP, watched it fly towards my teammate, and they still die due to the new HoT mechanic.

2 Likes

I would argue that even with all these nerfs, Brigitte’s survivability is still wayy higher than a lot of supports.

Sure she will need support from the rest of her team to be kept alive but this is a team game after all.

If Brigitte’s healing output is going to be as insane as I think it is, it is not going to be a problem, even if it takes a team effort to keep her alive because it will be worth it!!

If the enemies don’t focus down Brigitte hard in a middle of a fight, her insane healing output will roll over your team.

Focus down the other support/heroes first results in 60HPS + 21.7HPS, good luck killing anything.

Focusing down Brigitte first is also not a good idea! Brigitte still has a ton of tools that are excellent at dealing with anyone that dives her (stun + knockback + shield etc) while putting Brigitte in a situation where she can take full advantage of her inspire.

I will bump this thread when the patch goes live and we will see if I was right or not…

1 Like

Yeah, okay. But I think there will be a rebalance of her, sooner or later. And I bet 10 cookies that she’ll either be buffed or won’t work as intended.

No, it’s not. She is immobile and has a large hitbox, low damage. All the other supports are either really mobile, have smaller hitbox, more effective self-healing or high damage.

Maybe. If they don’t. But they will, because she will be easy to kill if caught alone.

Shield’s a wet paper. Most DPS heroes can melt it in less than 2 seconds.
Inspire’s self-healing lower than before, AND she needs to hit someone to make it work. She’s a melee hero, so that’s the hard part if you don’t want to die.
The combination of the stun and whip shot does work, but if you’re fighting a mobile character, it’s not going to help you. Remember, combo of these isn’t to kill the enemy, but to push them away. Killing is hardly an option, if they’re full health.

7 Likes

How many matches have you played the new Brigitte?

Not sure who you are asking, but I did 5. Not playing her, but playing with her.

With a 200 hp barrier and nerfed self healing, Brigitte’s survivability is going right down the drain. Bear in mind that she has to be in melee range in order to maintain decent inspire uptime usually. A character like tracer can now tear through Brig’s barrier and kill her combined in under two seconds now. Not only that, but even after nerfing the damage on Brigitte’s combo, they decided to make the combo just not function as a combo anymore. All you can get off of stun now is a melee or a whip shot. Not both. This means that Brig doesn’t have the barrier and hp to survive any sort of a focus, while also not having any way to threaten out someone from jumping on her, which is the one thing that she was originally designed to do well. Tell me how a hero who has abilities requiring them to be in melee range that has no mobility, defensive tools, or damage to threaten people who are in her melee range is supposed to be effective at what they’re supposed to do. The answer is that they can’t be effective.

Also, the repair pack change is not a straight buff. Yes it’s three charges. Yes you can stack it on one person for a longer duration, or spread it out across multiple teammates. However, changing it to a two second heal over time for 60 healing per second removes the one thing that made repair pack a valuable ability to have in the first place, and that was its burst healing.

These changes to Brigitte are an overall nerf, which is terrible considering that she was already in a bad spot outside of goats, which is going away because of forced 222 with role queue.

10 Likes

the CD is unchanged, so it’s better at the start of a fight when you can toss out several, but it’s less healing over extended periods if used on CD.

Remember with the nerf to her barrier and nerf to her self heal from passive her survivability goes way down. This means the only time Brigitte can safely use her passive is with a whipshot or with her team helping her. This will change her playstyle in major ways. She is going to be a healer instead of a dps. This may make her feel more bland to some people, like Mercy who is like a devoted healer.

just buff her shield to 300hp and she’ll be fine

Holy shiet, so she is actually stronger? Time to stay playing her now

Having high survivability doesn’t make her useful when she takes up a support slot that could’ve been used by Lucio who’s better in basically every single way.

Her survivability will still be high, but she will be able to actually support instead of just throwing.