Brigitte is senselessly overpowered

Gee, it’s almost like she was specifically designed with countering flankers in mind… It’s almost like they were trying to give us an option to break away from the dive meta strat of picking off a support and snowballing from there every single match. It’s almost like people have been tired of flankers being the uncontested dominant force in the game. It’s almost like the game consists of more than just flankers.

Nah, that’s ridiculous. Nerf her into the ground and give Genji and Tracer a couple buffs while you’re at it.

3 Likes

Its very difficult to kill Brigitte as Mei or as Sombra.

-With Mei, you’re just not going to win.
-You cannot freeze her, both Brigitte’s Stun and Knockback are on too short cooldowns to ever freeze Brigitte.
-Your icicles dont do enough damage to break her barrier fast enough for it to matter, Brigitte will get away or her teammate will intervene.
-If Brigitte simply melee’s Mei, she can out Armor Mei’s damage anyway.

-With Sombra, a win is more likely but still, its too easy for Brigitte to simply turn towards you with her Shield up, when you attempt to Hack.
-Sombra can keep her distance from Brigitte’s Shield Bash and dodge the Whip Shot, but Sombra cannot burst down Brigitte due to her passive armor building on melee hit.

Oh look its another dps main complaining about their counter. Simple answer you’er a tracer avoid her. Yes her combo is frustrating, but so is that tracer buzzing around.

2 Likes

So the solution to 1 hero is make 6 heroes fit against her? You’re implying 1 hero needs to be countered by entire enemy team and that is not OP? …

Ooooof these forums are getting dumber by the minute…

1 Like

So, Brigitte is overpowered because she can combo Tracer? wow the favoritism.

3 Likes

As someone who has tested in this in Overwatch, Tracer’s falloff range is NOT a problem.

In fact! I’ll launch Overwatch right now to test it as I type this.
And we’re off!

Area used for testing: Beyond the 2 (firing) Enemy Bots, to the right (from spawn). There is a 40-meter strip that is labeled at every 10 meters. I will be using this for testing.

How to Replicate:

1. Go to the above location, stand as close to you can to the middle of the line.
  2. Aim as close as possible to the Enemy Bot’s center. Not their head, not their arm, the center of their torso.
  3. Shoot at listed distances.

Testing Data:

1. [Anything under 12 Meters] =One-Clip (centre of body)

40 shots

1. [12 Meters] =One-Clip (centre of body)

20 Meters + One-Blink (forward) = 40 shots

1. [15] Meters =One-Clip (Center of head)

Halfway 30-Meter & 20-Meter = 40 shots

1. [13 Meters] = 1.3 Clips (center of body)

3 Railings away from the 20-Meter line (forward) = 52 shots

1. [18 to 19 Meters] = 1.8 clips (center of body)

1 Railing away from the 20-Meter line (forward) = 72 shots,

1. At [20 Meters], 2.75 clips (center of body)

110 shots

Interpreting Data: For each corresponding number on the list above, there will be the estimated time to achieve said-result given the fact that Tracer uses up 1 clip every 1 seconds.

1. 1 second
  2. 1 second
  3. 1 second
  4. 1.3 seconds
  5. 1.8 seconds
  6. 2.75 seconds

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Extremely-Obivous-Bias detected by CarryBit.

1 Like

on top of the fact that she’s healing the whole time she’s hitting people… something has to give

She heals 16 hp per second

If you can’t out damage 16 hps I dunno how you ever killed anything that has Harmony orb that is double the healing, or anyone near Lucio as his healing is constant and isn’t stopped by missing

It’s about time, really.

It’s the fact that she heals, coupled with everything else she does.

is why I said “on top of the fact” as in, with all her other abilities in mind, her ability to heal is the cherry on top

But hey, if she isn’t a problem for you, props.

She sure isn’t

Probably one of the easiest characters to kill in the game if you keep any level of distance or use highground.

I love seeing people autolock her on point 1 of Junkertown and then say she’s garbage because she can’t do anything on that map :3

20 characters required

As someone who has tested in this in Overwatch, Tracer’s falloff range is NOT a problem.

In fact! I’ll launch Overwatch right now to test it as I type this.
And we’re off!

Area used for testing: Beyond the 2 (firing) Enemy Bots, to the right (from spawn). There is a 40-meter strip that is labeled at every 10 meters. I will be using this for testing.

How to Replicate:

Go to the above location, stand as close to you can to the middle of the line.
Aim as close as possible to the Enemy Bot’s center. Not their head, not their arm, the center of their torso.
Shoot at listed distances.

Testing Data:

[Anything under 12 Meters] =One-Clip (centre of body)

40 shots

[12 Meters] =One-Clip (centre of body)

20 Meters + One-Blink (forward) = 40 shots

[15] Meters =One-Clip (Center of head)

Halfway 30-Meter & 20-Meter = 40 shots

[13 Meters] = 1.3 Clips (center of body)

3 Railings away from the 20-Meter line (forward) = 52 shots

[18 to 19 Meters] = 1.8 clips (center of body)

1 Railing away from the 20-Meter line (forward) = 72 shots,

At [20 Meters], 2.75 clips (center of body)

110 shots

Interpreting Data: For each corresponding number on the list above, there will be the estimated time to achieve said-result given the fact that Tracer uses up 1 clip every 1 seconds.

1 second
1 second
1 second
1.3 seconds
1.8 seconds
2.75 seconds

Your stats are nice, but useless, they are theoretical.
There is no way a Brigitte stands still, and she has her Shields most of the time, and you haven’t calculated her current armor, aswell as her self-heal in.

But yea…
?

Tracer is the only one who was senselessly overpowerd (and D-Va maybe). Tracer can still do fine if she plays a bit more careful around Brigitte.

1 Like

Oh no no, I believe your ignorance has simply lowered your ability to understand why it is I did that, even though I said it multiple times throughout. It was in response to you stating that Tracer had short-range. That’s just plain BS and I wanted to prove it as such.

Only in low tier. I high tiers you simply cannot remove the speedboost or massive moira healing in a rein comp where she is strong without having a disadvantage.

Also as tracer you just need to stay away from her range, melt her shield down (or lul ignore her) and then kill her. You only get killed as a tracer if you make the MISTAKE of being to close to her. That and when she surprises you as tracer will get you killed otherwise you can outplay her.

Tracers have the problem that they pretty much could do mistakes and not being punished for that. Its blizzs fault that they have let that be the case for such a long time that Tracers just can’t handle that new situation right.

The best way I have found to deal with Brigitte thus far is to just treat her as a low priority target.

She does little actual supporting and cant reach out and kill people like the DPS can. Your supports will be much more effective than her anw.

What are you talking about? How many threads have there been crying about her being OP? I mean she’s not, but the forums are most definitely pouting about her being too strong more than people are arguing that they’re not. Stop with this kind of argument. It makes your position weaker.

They’re all opinions. Nothing is really a good arguement in video games, unfortunately. It’s just so unimportant in life(inconsequential) that people will argue what they want rather than what is really fair.

Fairness in hero-based games is also a difficult thing to manage and the varying view points scatter all across the spectrum.

Multiple accounts per person also alter how many people it seems are on each side.

At the end of the day, it’s still just gonna be a big endless fight until it’s no longer the cool thing to argue about.

It’s been over 2 years. Nothing changed in that way. At this point, we’re all basically just venting anyways.

Yes threads pop up that she’s OP, then the majority of forum regulars come out and say how she is perfectly balanced, since this forum is surrounded by support brigade and the oh so evil dps players