Brigitte does not seem to counter Master/GM Tracer/Genjis

For my experience, I’d say you’re not tracking Tracer properly. If she’s behind us, I go to the backline. If she’s on our left/right, I go to the left/right. If she’s on our frontline, well, she will probably die there anyways, I can chill or go there.

I forced 100% of the Tracers I encountered to switch off.

I’m not GM (never have been, comp really isn’t my deal) but I have played against silver/gold border Tracers as well as Genji’s in QP solo queue and they avoid really, really well.

I had a Tracer harassing our back line last night so I went to engage. I was patient, I counted her blinks, shield bash then primary fire to prevent her from hurting our Mercy & Zen.

She pulse bombed me twice (trying to get me to run for heals so she could get a double) but I just held out my shield and bashed away from my team.

But on her third time to attempt to ult me they overshot it and I was able to take her down. She made a few mistakes that way and whenever she dove in after, either myself or our McCree would stun her to interrupt.

Same with Genji! If he is backed by a Mercy mid-ult via damage boost he can cut me down in a few swipes pretty easily. I might be able to stun/whip shot him but he can dash right back in and slice. I can’t count how many solo-ults I’ve had used against me as Brigitte, lol.

But sometimes even though Tracer/Genji keep their distance they can still be kept back by other members of our team. I do agree that Brigitte is a soft counter in certain instances as long as she backed by another ally to keep flankers from picking off other supports.

What’s surprising to me is that I didn’t expect Brig to be such a hard counter for Reinhardt.

(Sorry for the long reply! I love this thread and how it isn’t just ‘Brigitte is OP she NeEds a NerF!!!11111oneone’)

1 Like

I agree with what you say. This is the common experience for really good skilled players. But all this confirms is that they added a worthless hero who will need buffed/changed to fill whatever role she is supposed to fulfill. Because right now… she counters Reinhardt and Winston to the point of never wanting to play them again. Which means more people in the long run playing damage roles once again, when there is already a short of frontline players.

I think everyone was expecting the new hero to just stop tracers dead in their tracks, she is there to make tracers life harder.

Normally takes 2 people to counter a hero. Mccrees can hit Pharahs but if the pharah is good Mccree himself isn’t a counter and you need an extra hero to deal with it.

Same thing happens when anyone is playing a hero really well.

1 Like

All healers help everyone on their team. I’d still rather dive in on a discorded target than have an extra 75 armor for the first 2 seconds of the fight.

All it takes is 1 blink from Tracer to avoid Brigitte’s effective range. Genji has the vertical mobility to basically do the same.

2 Likes

If you are below Master/GM you should not be able to deal with Master/GM players, no matter what hero they play. Having a Gold player hard-counter GM would mean the game does not reward skill in the slightest.

1 Like

It’s always a team effort form both sides. Characters are not meant to be able to kill other characters in any situation, no matter their team mates.

Brigitte offers the tools to stop Genji and Tracer enough for their team to retailate or simply make their job harder and less effective.

1 Like

this

20 characters…

She was never going to hard counter tracer. The stun will punish tracers who are out of position or dive too deep and get caught, but its no different then mcCrees flashbang in that respect.

She was never going to be able to just delete tracer anytime she was within earshot. She can make tracers life harder if she is peeling for her other supports or throwing them armor, since tracers don’t like that much armor flying around.

Once you learn her range she isn’t that hard to dodge but she can make you a lot more ineffective.

2 Likes

Her ultimate makes your team effectively invulnerable to Tracer (besides pulse bomb) for a short amount of time until it’s chipped away.

Similar experience - while you can help your team to kill them, a good Tracer will either stay away from you or stay at a range and wiggle you down until she’s ready for the finishing blow or you miss your shield bash (as she would duel a McCree basically).

With Genji, as you can’t kill him with a single combo (155 dmg from bash + melee + whip) he will either deflect after it which means you can’t damage him for that time or dash away. If you save your shield bash for when he’s low, it’s usually the time he dashes and hitting him slightly before dash or while dashing doesn’t stop him as he’ll still finish his dash. Also when he’s ulting and dashing around even more, it makes it much harder to spot and stun him as you can’t hit him with the shield while he’s in the air. If he keeps double jumping above your head, there is not much you can do about it.

I have to say though that while Brigitte is not a hard counter, she’s definitely a welcome addition to punish bad Genji and Tracer players and while you can’t kill them every time, it sure helps by forcing a more cautious playstyle on the enemy flankers and you might catch them a few times. As for good Genji and Tracer players, you are just creating a bit of extra space and sometimes you get to stun them anyways, giving your team an opportunity to kill them.

The armor pack / burst heal is also nice to sometimes save a tank from a pulsebomb or from a blade slice that might kill a person and reset Genji’s cooldowns, throwing him off sometimes.

2 Likes

Dont wanna be that guy… but you’re gold. If you could pick Bridgette as a gold and counter a master/gm tracer, id be seriously concerned for game balance.

1 Like

Please stop. You assume things and that is what makes you a terrible/toxic person. Players like you look for reasons to feel good by using ranks to put others down. Feel good saying that? This account does not play comp .It’s a QP MMR only account. If you actually see through the history, I only complete placements on this account and leave it at that. This account’s QP mmr is at diamond master and it;s win rate for QP is around 83%.

You people really need to stop assuming things.

1 Like

I mean well duh, nothing really counters them due to there being no specific mechanics that target mobility based heroes. The closest you’ll find are Zarya’s Grav and Junkrat’s trap, we need more similar crippling abilities. They don’t need to root or suck people in like those 2 but just disable mobility like Sombra.

Chill out dude. We weren’t trying to insult you. You claimed that you played against Master/gm players while your profile showed your account to be in gold, which means you’re an anomaly (as you stated) or you were lying, we just wanted clarification. The only one being seemingly toxic atm is you.

Side note: QP win rate isn’t exactly a good thing to go by, so many players leaving/rejoining, 5 dps comps vs an actual 2-2-2 means matches there are more chaotic and random than a competitive mode match, which is why we generally refer to that gamemode when determining skill.

1 Like

That’s a logical fallacy. They don’t assume they should be able to overcome a mechanically more apt player, they’re arguing that given everything else being equal, the stated goal of the new character didn’t happen for design reasons.

Just that someone might not be able to play at top pro gamer level (or maybe just doesn’t want to, eschewing Ranked play) doesn’t invalidate their argument. You don’t need personal experience to be able to correctly state a design flaw, it just help discovering them.

You aren’t supposed to chase her, you can’t do that.

As a brigitte, your job is to deny tracer doing what she wants to do, and brigg can do that.

Because if tracer enters birggs space, she dies, and that is the space she wants to be in, because this is the space you as a brigg should be in to deny tracer the space. In this case, tracer can’t do what she wants to do, and brigg is still doing her job.

If you start chasing tracer, you are already playing the losing strategy. Don’t play by tracer’s rules, force her to play by your rules because you can do that as brigg.

1 Like

It’s probably because you’re Gold and they’re Masters/Grandmaster.

My MMR is of master silly. I play zero comp on this account. I fight with diamond/masters in qp all day. Organized teams, ect. you get the picture.

1 Like