Briggette is OP

She is a bad support.

I.e. she is lacking in the areas that a support is expected to be effective in in order to be good at their role.

Her healing is bad. Her utility is poor. Her damage is nothing spectacular. Picking her is basically dragging down your own team unless the enemy team is yoloing into her every time.

Her utility is poor? Shield bash is the best ability in the game hands down.

Discord Orb is a free 30% damage boost for your team.

Speed boost turns everyone into a mini Tracer.

Shield bash needs you to be withing 6m of the target and is a short stun.

The thing is reliability. You can use Discord or Speed boost whenever you want, Shield Bash has the prereq of needing to get close to the enemy, along with having a cooldown.

And even among the cooldown abilities then you have bionade, which has an AoE heal + anti-heal that can be used at mid-long ranges as well, and anti-heal is a potent tool because it removes the most important ability of 2 members of the enemy team.

Shield bash has about the utility level of damage orb. Capable of securing a kill with teammates around, but is situational and not nearly as easy to get value out of.

Shield bash is not fine, i was stunned whilst i was attacking her left 90°. That’s what i call bulls$@# as she wasn’t even bashing me but she still got a kill on me bc i was just standing there stunned both in game and irl as i tried to figure out how the hell she stunned me

Who were you playing as to be that close because generally if her shield is up you could shoot at her shield while moving backwards

Can someone at Blizz realize that they should never delay a hero going into comp again? Every single discussion about Brigitte has a “wait until she gets into comp” attached to it. Just put them in comp already so we can actually figure out if a hero is good or not instead of complaining about them because they dominate in FFA.

Like Moira? Because people still complain about her.

*I really hate this quote system

Yes and do you see anyone say in a Moira thread “just wait until she’s in comp”? Moira is strong and people figured that out pretty quickly. People aren’t sure if Brigitte is strong because they are basing her off of FFA.

I’m not saying Brigitte is OP or not, I’m just saying put them in comp so we can figure it out faster.

Sounds like the issue is her permanent armor gains.

The radius of the ultimate should be extended, and the armor made temporary.

Her ult makes the fights last longer than Mercy meta. I think it’s pretty fun but it’s hilarious how long brawls can last when both teams pop Brigitte ults.

I think the only thing people haven’t complained about of hers is the whip shot but that thread could have slipped by me. The issue is different depending on who you talk to.

Whip shot will be annoying for Mercy mains getting their rez interrupted. In fact that’s what I’m looking forward to doing most when I play Brigitte. No rez for you.

im sure no aim no brain players are happy with this hero, anyone who has any skill is not.

I like playing more then McCree and Widowmaker though.

LMAO - no, at least one person complained about that, too…

You know you took away the last bit of my faith in humanity, right?

1 Like

It feels bad for Rein, granted. But think about the ramifications of making this change. If Brigette gets stopped at Rein’s upheld shield which part of it actually blocks her? The entire barrier? What would that mean for all other barriers? Or charge effects? Should Rocket Punch get stopped by an upheld barrier? Or Charge?

Trying to protect Rein’s relevance with this change could upset many other character interactions.

I could see Brigette’s Shield Bash distance or cooldown getting toned down or tweaked if she dominates competitive. We’ll see.

Even if it’s unbalanced better to gather enough data and make the right change rather than a quick one.

I think the correct course of action is to buff Rein rather than changing how Bash mechanics react to shield barriers.

Some people have suggested giving Rein a CC resist passive. This passive would either reduce CC duration on him, or simply negate stun CC while holding his shield up.

Might just be because she’s new. There’s always a pick premium on new heroes and it always fades eventually.

If you’re getting Brigette’ed as Rein you should consider switching to Orisa or Zarya. They’re both pretty strong against her.

Her shield bash stun is broken, it makes the game unplayable

1 Like