Brigette, the new "MustPick", Now 16.13% Pickrate? (gm)

wait people are still defending the lowest skill floor lowest skill ceiling perfect hero that makes tanks unplayable due to a 4 second stun what

spend 1000++++ hours perfecting accuracy on any dps like mccree, tracer, or soldier or spend 10 minutes on brigitte and become top 500 tier
this is okay and should be a thing for all chars!!!

not in a GOOD way. She’s become a MUST PICK, not a GOOD Pick.

Forcing a Meta is just as bad as making dumb character balance fallacys and allowing one to take over.

1 Like

She’s the only hero of her kind, there are no alternatives. And we’re seeing the creation of a new meta that she enables.

I won’t call her a must pick without data. She’ll probably require tweaks.

to ignore a character who needs 10 minutes max to master who outdoes 1000+ hour dps gods that have to stall a point and the same perfect character who makes tanks unplayable? yeah lets ignore the fact she’s been out for 2 months and act like we need another 2 weeks of her ruining the game to see that she’s as busted as moth mercy

1 Like

I remember when this thread was :rage: all about an insane 70% winrate after a few hours of data. A day later and she’s lost ~12% of her winrate. At the rate she’s dropping she’ll have 0% in a week. :upside_down_face:

no that’s not how it works, it’s balancing out

her pickrate wont be dropping though meaning she’ll be the same as first month of mercy rework, either way overbuff is buggy af and unreliable in terms of win/pickrate most of the times
gj blizzard on releasing the 2nd most gamebreaking thing

Brigitte is the least picked support (sans Symmetra) and the second least played tank (just above Orisa). She’s a hybrid of these two hero types.

As of checking this on 2.5.18:

• Ana has a pick of 3.63%
  • Brigitte has a 2.73%
  • Orisa has a pick rate of 2.61%.

For reference the top three picks so far this season:

• Mercy 9.60% overall
  • Moira 9.03%
  • D.va 8.12%

Yes she has a high win rate, but so does Torb and Sym, and look who’s in the line up for reworks, torb and sym. Brigitte is down where the niche/F-tier picks are, and honestly that’s the kind of hero she is.

And yes Overbuff isn’t the most reliable stat collecting site, but honestly I am waiting for Omnic Meta to put out their stats, because Switch does some good work. He uses 500,000 points of data across all platforms and compiles graphs of pick rates and analyzes them.

I have my own opinions on her, but I really just want to highlight that she is a hybrid character. She has strengths on things one part of her hybrid has, and weaknesses where they should be strong. As a support she’s powerful against duels and flankers, but can’t sustain her entire team very well. As a Tank, she can deal with duels and flankers like a tank (close range is her best range) but can’t protect more than herself and maybe one other person.

You get around her sustain like you would any tank, attack from a distance, and attack with burst to get around her heals, even though they are like 20 aoe heals that are only a thing while she’s attacking an enemy, so like a Lucio heal.

1 Like

Because she’s pitted against herself now… Its the logical outcome of a MustPick. As the pickrate accumulates to maximum, theres no real way to sustain much more than 50% winrate, but they end up taking up a large portion of the pickslots by being a must pick. If they didnt, it would skyrocket back up towards 100% again.

1 Like

literally her only weakness is splash damage and range

range doesn’t even matter though because you HAVE to contest payloads and points meaning range is never an issue unless pharah

she beats 100% charged zarya in a 1v1, she destroys hog, she destroys rein, she destroys more than 70% of the OW cast alone
her E is super strong, makes whoever she just healed win any 1v1/2 they were having and prevents reins charge from ever killing
her permanent ult armor is super strong
4 second CD stun, aimbot, barrier ignore, self heal, good mobility, 600 hp shield that regens in 3 seconds, lowest skill cap and skill floor hero

there’s like 0 downsides LOL
she also works in every comp

2 Likes

I have more than one account, it would take you 2 minutes to master her. her kit isn’t exactly difficult.

1 Like

I believe you may be overgeneralizing just a tad. She doesn’t have very good mobility especially when compared to Mercy, Tracer, Genji, Winston. Yes her bash stops them, but because she is in a weird hybrid spot it takes teamwork to beat her.

The only time she bothers me as a player is when I lose track of her and she gets the jump on me, or I foolishly go at her 1v1. Both instances are my fault.

Tanks require teamwork to take down and Brig is part tank. She might not be difficult but she’s no where near the problem Mercy 2.0 was. She needs small tweaks, but that’s it. You don’t go running to 1v1 a hog, or Rein, or D.va why is Brig any different? Personally I do think bash needs to be tweaked so she can’t do it through shields, but that’s it really.

you say that and yet you havent played her
hmmmmm methinks you’re just throwing a tantrum over being countered

1 Like

Blizzard will continue to ignore the problem thinking her hitbox will be enough while she continues to stun people every 5 seconds. Oh, wait, just range her. I’m sure abandoning the objective and range her while…she…now behind cover…cool…

Too early to justify anything using pick rate, she is a new hero for competitive so naturally her pick rate is going to be abnormal for at least a month.

The win rate is also too early at this stage, the meta needs to shift and players learning how to counter her effectively.

Considering Torb and Sym are both running equally high win rates near to Baguette, I’d say we need more data.

Shes been on PTR and QP For a wile. This was a predictable outcome based on her already established effective rate. Expect her to maintain the top pick slot for a wile, not because of incidental new pick choice for comp, but because she’s good for dive and anti dive, and not having her is like not having a mercy.

I would be ok for her to get nerfed just so people would finally stop complaining so we can get some semi-decent threads going again instead of flooding it with the same complaints.

It’s getting to D.Va + Genji + Mei + Mercy levels here. With a sprinkle of Moira.

When people don’t understand how they have to play against her, than that is not the problem of the character. I still see Mccree, Tracer and Genji players going face to face with Brigitte and then cry when they get destroyed.

1 Like

I have played brigette. she’s easily the easiest hero in the game. no aim, a shield so you don’t have to worry about hiding from damage, a stun to 155 hit combo to kill dps that try to attack you. brigette is the literal definition of easy mode.

Bastion is at 78% win-rate in Grandmaster this week.

Can’t be a lack of data skewing the statistics, Bastion is obviously the most OP thing since ever.

3 Likes

QP doesn’t matter worth a damn when it comes to balance tbh.

Now she’s in comp, can actually collect data and such. She’s not as busted as moth mercy. That was next level stuff. She’s definitely effecting the game in some drastic ways, and that needs to be looked at and addressed. Backed by actual evidence, not the anecdotal nonsense that makes up the majority of balance discussions on this forum.

True dive was ran in like 10% of the ladder, yet listen to these forums and it seems like it was some rampant relentless uncounterable monster. The reality is never reflected here.

Exaggerating, appealing to emotion and employing hyperbole etc, does nothing but agitate the already murky waters around here. It’s not until we have an amount of objective evidence that can be individually verified that we can draw conclusions. Otherwise, we’re all just measuring peen.

She’s def… Something. I totally believe there will be adjustment. I just need more to go off of.

Edit: Or we can continue to absolutely butcher the art of interpreting statistics. Seriously the way people argue about statistics around here is headache inducing.

4 Likes