Brigette punishes BAD POSITIONING

I’ve said this for a long while now. “Im not sure Brig is OP, what I am sure of is she’s REALLY annoying”. And its that annoyed frustration that makes it hard for people to discuss her.

I mean I’ve played her, I’ve watched people pull out all the stops to kill me and Im holding down left click like “WEEEEEEEEE”. Gonna ult? No prob, BASH. And God help you if I get healed, then Im like the daughter of the Juggernaut.

Even then, Im not so sure she’s OP, personally I dont think so. What she is however is…

REALLY
*$@%ING
ANNOYING

Yeah I mean it’s a matter of perspective. I’m sure she is really annoying for certain type of heroes, just like for the heroes I play, she isn’t and instead other heroes are extremely annoying. Players hate different things based on the heroes they play. Part of the problem IMO, is that before Brig, there were a good amount of heroes that just ran unopposed, and this happened for a long time, so now that Blizzard finally decided to do something about it, people hate it, because they got used to the way things were, which was the wrong way. Anyone who doesn’t use those heroes has no issues against Brig, that is IMO why the community is so divided in the issue, some people are like “Brig is the devil please remove her!!” while others are like “What the hell are you talking about she is not remotely that good”.

2 Likes

Alright, you clearly have no idea of what you’re talking about. It’s like you don’t study the game at all. Also, I’m not a Brig hater i’m a broken character hater. (Everything i said so far was referring to the old Brigitte not the new one, still, the post nerf version keeps countering a lot of heroes but not the same as before.)

I can say the same thing about you, and I infact, do.

I play the game since beta, been watching it both from my perspective and high level games, and being open to learning and improving myself got me from gold to plat, and then from plat to diamond. I do in fact study the game very much.

2 Likes

Or the Brigitte takes time to cross the map, go up stairs, and run at me swinging her mace, as an example of Widow v Brigitte.

I felt the same way about Sym.
To be fair, Brig’s flail range is quite generous.

Then how you defend Brigitte and can be so ignorant to not know i’m talking about her old version and not the actual one?

Hold up there, no need to get all riled up. The thing is, I’m not ignorant, I understand you need to attack me because I challenge your opinion and you don’t seem to be able to take it, but making a personal attack is not going to help your case. I defend Brig because I believe she is perfectly fine, and I’ve been talking about the current Brig, I don’t know why you keep bringing up that you were talking about the old one, I was never discussing that, perhaps you would notice if you didn’t get all emotional about it.

2 Likes

You mean a 600 HP self healing DPS tank.

I mean, you are not wrong. She will punish you if you are out of position. But she can and most likely will punish you even if you are in position.

1 Like

Good click-bait and way to start a Brig thread - of course, she’s entirely out of position 99% of the time to begin with. What’s your point?

u need to read the thread! she’s not out of position, she punishes out of position!

What hard counters?

Pharah? The literally gutted her sellingpoint if being a counter: you could deal damage around her shield. Blizzard even committed the cardinal sin of nerfing her barrier, which they said wasn’t a balance option a few months back.

Junk? See: Pharah. Inconsistent shots got nerfed, his mine got falloff damage, his tire can be blocked by Brig.

Bastion? Ha. Unless she’s brainlessly walking towards you your not countering her. She can easily duck out of battle when there’s a Bastion.

Hog? I can’t recall a time I’ve ever seen a hog be picked to counter Brig. Same goes for Reaper.

Torb? We’ll see.

1 Like

You refuse to listen, so why bothering asking the same question over and over?

And now you can dispose of her shield, which was nerfed (and 100 hp is a significant nerf) even more quicker with your increased RoF on Pharah, and you call it a nerf. You still do damage around her, so place your shots. But I got it already that in this case here rebalancing of dps means “gutting them”, but nerfing a support hero is “br0ken”, “OP” etc.

What, Junk was buffed like Phara? I do not think he needs to, he deals excellent damage on her shield and around her even when she shields herself, and all that from a safe distance, just as he would damage a Rein. And if she manages to shield herself with what little she has from her shield - you always have the chance of finishing her even quicker with the teammates who should be pushing anyway, or you think Junkrat tire should be an uncounterable instakill for everyone?

When she “ducks out” of a battle she does not heal. It is something which you deny to acknowledge, that her skill set revolves around commitment and the need to work for the heal she provides. Bastion can melt her down easily when there is no cover. When there is tight space, why do you play bastion? You don’t think that a Rein might come around a corner and charge you?

And like usual you completely forget all the ranged cast which can damage her from range she can’t answer (can be very well considered a counter to her reliance on the short melee range), with the best being Hanzo who is also an excellent choice against her shield on a distance.

Melee range? We got both Rein and Doom who can easily kill her. Rein has two options of dealing with her, Doom can splatter her on a wall with one punch.

I see it constantly in my games, but who am I kidding, in reality it is all a dream of a butterfly.

The only hard counter to Brig I’m aware of is Reinhardt, being played as an offtank.

Oh boy, it takes 1 less rocket to take down a Brig. It’s quiet funny, since Pharah still cannot do it with 1 clip.

Oh, but Brig is countered by Pharah despite Pharah having an easier time countering any 200HP hero that doesn’t get any bonus armor.

Yes, because the most inconsistent DPS in the game it great at sniping…

When she ducks out of battle she’s not countering Tracer either.

Wait. Brig is a support? Well color me blue, I thought she was a Tracer counter. I’ll make sure to tell my ally Brig players to play her like a support and heal, rather than a DPS which is how she heals in the first place.

Name 1 map that doesn’t have cover and favors Bastion.

I can only think of 1: junkertown. But there Bastion isn’t a Brig counter. He’s an everything counter, because there is no cover on point A.

Because you think that somehow a Widow has an edge over her compared to other 250 HP heros when she has a personal barriers to block said shots. This goes back to what I said about Bastion. Her barrier gives her enough wiggle room to tank that damage.

No, because that’s not her job.

Just because a Rein cannot realistically kill a Pharah, does not mean that Pharah is a Tank counter. If Rein is protecting an ally hitscan so he can kill her, then Rein is doing his job.

Oh yeah, a boosted E hero. Because another’s OP ability justifies another hero being too powerful.

Yeah? I also see people pick Brig the last 20 seconds of a second round of KotH, turn the tides of battle, and win a 1-2 comeback despite us having no flankers.

I see it happen when I play Pharah into her. And I’m a diamond Pharah main, mind you.

1 Like

I read the thread - the point is she’s out of position most of the time as well… see my point? How many Brigs float in front of the team or on the edge… not where she is most useful, trying to get elims…

Sorry that Brigitte has a shield to cover herself with against 4-5 of your rockets, and that assuming that she is not even targeted by anyone else, which is quite common in an actual team game, you know. You still have 1, maybe 2 rockets left when she got nothing to save herself with, besides running for cover which is very situational.

Pharah main complains that his prey is too hard to take down, this is definitely something.

I have an easier time dealing with supports as Rein than I am with tanks, who somehow do not die in a couple of swings of my Hammer. That clearly means that I should stick to my intended role as support counter.

You already got excellent splash damage and a great ability to create tons of space yourself, must be so hard “to snipe” a shield with Junk.

The news that Moira has to dps to heal has not reached everyone yet, it seems.
The need of getting value of position is especially important on Brigitte, because that is how she can heal her team, any stretch of the line and she does not heal optimal, any flank attempt she either stays at the frontline helping her tanks or must leave it and go to help the pressured backline. But again, what does that mean when your value of skill lies in clicking heads.

Her lower than Moira dps output in game I guess does clearly indicate that she is a dps like you say, so who would have thought.

Yeah, I get it, it is indeed unfair that she can’t be insta headshot by Widow by the possibility of her putting her shield up at the right time, I mean, he does hold whole 4 to 5 of her shots, and that only if no one else is shooting her. It is an unpleasant change compared to other supports, which Widow can instakill.

I guess it is so frustrating to play as Bastion against Rein either, I mean, just the fact that he is able to stand in Bastion’s fire for 10-11 seconds before his shield is melted, again not counting the fact that it is shot on by everybody else, all that is clearly broken. Brigitte can hold for 3 seconds, entirely unfair.

Of course not, we should nerf all skill less heroes till they are worthless, the skilled heroes get to keep their kits due to them being clearly superior (Junkrat does not need aim to deal massive damage? must be hard skill) but the decision who is skilled, and who not, is entirely up to you.

And I see them try that and fail, because I play as Rein on control too. Enemy team has a good Doom, Brig is dead. Enemy Rein dispatches Brig because she is punished by being at the frontline, healer is dead, no heal for your push sorry guys.

1 Like

brig is a MELEE hero

1 Like

Phara is a hard counter, in fact if you are accurate with your shots the changes are an overall buff. Brig cannot dodge your rockets and she cannot hit you…she is a hard counter

Junk even with his nerf dunks all over Brig, if you are missing a big target like Brig with Junkrat you are just bad at aiming (sorry), and if she is eating your ult then you really really need to work on your positioning.

Widow/Hanzo, unless you dont know how to aim you will be a hard counter to Brig, she cant touch you, and the moment she swings her mace you can head shot her, blame yourself if you cant kill Brig as Widow or Hanzo

Sombra, very straight forward, stealth - hack, Brig is now easy pickings, again you should not die to a Brig given your ability to tele out, especially if you hack from a high vantage point

2 Likes