Brig would be completely balanced if she simply moved slower while attacking

Uh… I’d argue Brig is even easier to cc when she shields, considering it’s so small and thin. Hell, unless you’re looking at her straight on, you can easily shoot her around it so…

Well that’s taking healing or eventual support into account. Having 0.1 more seconds or 0.4 etc to kill Brigitte in a 1v1 won’t make much a difference.

Fight for 10 seconds with healing into account and then it makes a much bigger difference

I mean it could!

Think of this

Tracer does 240dps

0.1 seconds is 24dmg
0.4 seconds is 96 dmg

Think of that, that 0.4 seconds could equate on brig losing 38.4% of her hp (not factoring in armor ofc)

So it can make a difference

I think she is fine now.

We both know DPS on paper means nothing compared to what’s happening in game.

Brigitte is gonna actually hit when in range and you gotta take accuracy into account on other heroes.

My point is: Losing 56 health overall per second or 70 doesn’t change anything for anyone but the tanks and people who get healed over time.

If we can destroy her, she will be reworked. :stuck_out_tongue:

Until Shield Bash is used to close the distance and then enemy pants will be filled with the smellies.

Blizzard beat us to it.

Yes.

Agreed 150%. This is why Brigitte has been gutted so much and is in her current state.

Brigitte’s flail primary fire has virtually no windup time, while Rein’s hammer has significant wind-up time before impact. It’s scarier because of the psychological aspect; it feels like you can’t run away before it connects. I’m not scared of either attack, but some are.

Uhm, she is kinda unkillable an does unavoidable damage.

1 Like

To me the easiest would have been just lowering her self regen a bit and maybe let it spike on kills. The she would have to be more careful with the engagenents she makes. :woman_shrugging:

Also, I still would prefer SB to cripple rather than stun.

1 Like

This nerf would make her unplayble though. Her shield walk speed is so slow she’d be a sitting duck anytime she wanted to attack which would make her even easier to headshot. Her dps would tank to 35 per second cause she’d only be able to get one hit off before her target gets away.

1 Like

yea, except she’s railing you with 5 (FIVE!) DAMAGE with shield bash!

1 Like

Let’s see, Briggite has:

• Low damage
  • Low range
  • Low mobility
  • Low Healing
  • Low HP shield
  • One useful ability which is a cc that doesn’t work against shields

LET’S NERF BRIG, SHE’S TOO OP!!

1 Like

Nerf it! 5 (FIVE!) is way too high! I suggest a modest nerf of 20% to 3 (only 3.) damage. You’re welcome blizzard.

Fun fact Brigitte’s original design came from the devs wanting to try and make a healer who could only heal via powerful cooldowns

3 Likes

Huh, weird…I am curious why they didn’t stick with it then. Is it because it didn’t really work for Brigitte or because it didn’t work balance wise.

Not saying it couldn’t work balance wise, just curious why we haven’t see a cooldown-only healer.

Players are accustomed to regularly accessible healing on their Support heroes.

A cooldown-only hero would need to have either extremely short cooldowns or would just be buried in Symmetra-style hate, deemed a “troll pick,” and would be generally unplayed unless almost all the cooldowns were game-changing or variations of Repair Pack or deployables.

I’d thought of that, which is why I posited a 20% movement penalty. Even 10-15% penalty might work. Or -5% per swing after X swings in a row until cap of -Y% movement speed is reached. Her movement speed while attacking just needs to be slightly slower than the rate the enemy can back away so that players could feel hope before Brigitte closes the distance with Shield Bash and proves them horribly wrong.

She’s not unkillable =\ the current set of heroes she’s weak too Pharah/Junkrat/Bastion are just so pitiful atm they can’t be used. Mccree and doomfist worked fantastic though.

I guess the “unkillable” thing will kinda depend on who you like playing but her damage is anything but unavoidable… it’s melee only for goodness sake. She slows down when she swings and her most damaging move stops her and knocks you further away. So long as you don’t engage her in melee she can’t close the distance and stun with the shield bash =\

3 Likes

DO NOT forget Mei and Orisa! Sombra and Wrecking Ball and Ashe are pretty effective too…

…seems like every hero since Brigitte’s release has also been designed to deal specifically with her.

Stop! Stop!
She’s dead already!

1 Like

It’s unavoidable because it’s melee. Melee in this game goes through almost everything, like shields, defense matrix, other people… Also it’s no aim, so avoiding it by moving is chanceless.

Wuh… the “avoiding” part comes by not engaging her in melee where she almost definitely has the advantage.

Think of it like this, outside of melee range, her attacks become impossible to be hit by.

2 Likes