Brig shouldn't stun Rein

They won’t do that because shield bash is the same as Rocket Punch and Charge. That would be an arbitrary exception. That is how the game is coded.

All dashes go through all barriers.

2 Likes

If your team let Brig with her 500hp shield that can be destroyed with almost two clips from most dps heroes get close enough to your Rein to get that stun, then its your teams fault.

If she’s being speedboosted and bubbled, there really isn’t much they can do.

1 Like

I am pretty sure those 3 abilities are coded differently, but if you show me the line of code, i will take everything back

Then she has a coordinated team and you dont, ergo, they deserve to crush your team.

1 Like

They are the same, that is why they all cancel each other out. It is an attack type.

Dash attacks go through barriers. If you do this class of attack into another user doing the same attack, you will get knocked down.

Line of code or i have to assume you know as much as me but pretend to know much more.

I still stand on the point that it’s possible to do so

(EDIT) Dev-Comment will also satisfy me

1 Like

Your team would likely bubble you to get more charge from Zarya’s bubble.

So getting stunned as Reinhardt isn’t always your team’s fault.

It isn’t always a death sentence either.

Exaclty, I dunno why people are complaining so much

They do not release their code. But they buffed Brig in her interaction against Doomfist to make sure these abilities behaved consistently.

His Rocket Punch used to trump Shield Bash.

That should tell you that these are a class of abilities. And that they will modify the code to ensure they work the same.

2 Likes

Almost like that was intended… :thinking:
If only there was more than just the big hammer tank in the game

That’s fair, I think it just adds to the already existing feeling that rein is even more reliant on his team than everyone else. Personally, I think that’s a big part of the reason tanks are unpopular.

I don’t think it’s a balance issue, just a problem for the enjoyment of an already unpopular role.

1 Like

Because it feels terrible and opens Reinhardt to a massive amount of CC.

1 Like

Tanks role is to absorb damage and CC, thats the way they create space.

Annoying? Unfun? Sure, but what isnt annoying in this game? Then again, its their job.

Tanks are unpopular, yet the current meta is a 3 tanks 3 supports comp.

Doomfist
Pharah
Junkrat
Winston
Rein(currently)
Hog (somewhat)

We already have ways to kill brig. Pick one.

Just because a hero is picked more often, it doesn’t mean that they are fun to play. Mercy’s balance and massive plummet should show you that. People dropped her like a bad girlfriend the second she became even slightly underwhelming.

They were not using her because she was just so much fun, they were using her because she worked better than the alternative.

Reinhardt is in a similar place. He just has way too much synergy in that comp to ignore, even if playing him feels like pounding your head against a wall.

That said, I can understand why they’d be hesistant to fix the issue while he’s basically a must pick.

I am not complaining about Brigitte beeing overpowered as i don’t think she is.

Yeah, assuming the shields carry an “electric charge” that would mean they have like charges. Which means they would repel one another which would transfer as kinetic energy to rein, stunning him.

Even if they were opposite charges that would only increase her velocity towards rein before impact and transfer even more kinetic energy as brig and her armor accelerate towards him, stunning him.

If you were thinking “cancel out” you might have been considering anti-particles. In which case they would cancel out and become a massive burst of energy, stunning him.

Lol I think you’re coming at this from a very different place. My point wasn’t to create a scientifically accurate change.

The idea was to make playing rein less of a chore by changing Brig in a way that doesn’t feel arbitrary or like a random exception to how her abilities work.

I honestly can’t tell if your post is an authentic attempt at contributing to the discussion.

It’s scientifically sarcastic.