Brig is seriously making me go crazy

It can be mirror matches here too. Genji is in literally every game here, and our matches are: whoever has the better Genji wins.
And GL shutting down Genji. When I play / played winston, Genji killed me more than any other hero. The skill difference at gold between PC-Americas (where I used to play before moving to Korea) and Asia (Korean server) is huge. I never thought Genji needed a nerf until I played on the Korean server haha. >.<

What if they changed the game so that, not only your main wasn’t viable, but your entire favoured style of play?

Would you ‘adapt’ to playing a style you don’t enjoy?

Or would you complain?

You shouldn’t have to ‘adapt’ to playing a game you’ve been playing for over a year. It shouldn’t become a completely different game overnight.

It’s not an unreasonable expectation for me to think that something I paid for should continue to be what I bought.

You don’t buy photoshop only to discover that it’s a racing game after a year, do you?

Hey… just adapt. Don’t complain that you can’t edit images anymore, if you’re not willing to adapt to racing cars round a track.

Bit of an extreme example, sure, but sometimes the things people say on this forum are so daft that you feel you really need to hammer the point home.

You could always try PUBG. A nice gentle stroll through the countryside for 25 minutes, taking in the sights, followed by a quick death from a gazillion miles away.

well it’s kind of hard to switch when you’re the only tank or healer, not everybody can/will switch

I’ve tried PUBG, and find it’s really terrible. My first game, I died to the zoning, as the zoning happened all the way on the other side of the map.
The second game, I died to a hacker (hacker was shooting at my friend, yet I was the one who died - I was to the side, and a little behind the shooter).
And I don’t usually like FPS games to begin with. Overwatch is the only PvP shooter I enjoy, and Deus Ex is one of the few single player ones I enjoy.

I like playing RPG games mostly.

Adaptation is a mentality, a recognition that you must keep learning to stay relevant.

It is not merely an Overwatch thing or even a video game thing, it is a way of life. The world changes every moment, you do not keep up, you get left behind.

Overwatch is not a finished product. New heroes, new maps, new challenges. Learn them, or become obsolete.

I can’t stand Brigitte either. A support should not be that good at 1v1 simple as that.

in b4 rank shaming, in b4 git good

A support should not be good on a 1 vs 1 but a tank yes?

Well, in any case if you defend that is fine that a tank could be hard to kill and yet can beat others on 1 vs 1, bigitte is half tank…so is fine that she can beat others on a 1 vs 1

good thing this is a team game. next time bring your teammates.

no need to go into a fight you know you cant win alone.

Considering I main Orisa and Symmetra, I kinda know that feeling.

Yes, I’d fine a way to enjoy it.

The devs have said from the beginning that the game would be changed over time. You bought a game that was going to change, that’s what you paid for.

The day I quit (mostly) Overwatch was the day I became a happier person.

You DO just have to play around her. Like you do with every hero in the game.

Heroes counter heroes counter heroes.

Switch heroes.

Win.

It’s not a difficult concept.

Honestly, if a video game is affecting your life this much, you should just quit; for the sake of your own mental health. Unless you’re a professional gamer and it’s your specific job description to be good at Overwatch, I would’ve drive myself crazy with it.

I stopped playing when brig showed up. Everyone said to wait until comp to fix her, we did and she’s now a must-pick, yet still no fixes that actually either make her have some sort of skill requirement or not be a healer/tank/offence/defence hybrid with tons of damage and survivability and health.

So? Does Hanzo completely give Brigitte a free pass now?

Brigitte would be fine if her counters were on par with everyone else’s power level. Pharah, McCree and Sombra all effectively counter her but they are below average when it comes to power level and Hanzo counters all of them pretty well now.
Hanzo is the bigger of the two problems and yes Brigitte needs some fine tuning but she’s definitely not the worst hero in the game.

All the people whining about brig but they don’t complain about rein. Maybe apply the same counter logic to both heroes and you’ll see results.

Or just keep going into their kill range, which you probably do.

Worst season/meta ever I’d rather die then play this right now brig ruined this game i took a 2 week break came back game is still sht know what i don’t even care anymore i’ll just do whatever i want game is garbo anyway

but brigitte enabled the meta by completely shutting down dive ?

I wouldn’t go as far as saying Brig is OP… She’s just the most unfun character to play against IMHO… The way she interacts with the enemy team and her own team. (cue the “well Genji isn’t fun to play against” comments)

If she gets her ult going, her entire team can become bullet sponges essentially which can be pretty frustrating at times since even snipers can require multiple, full powered headshots on non tank characters… And to top it off, the clutch saves with E on overextending teammates.

If you’re choking, don’t have Brig but the enemy team has Brig… Usually going Brig is the solution.