Boycotting OW today

I’m boycotting OW and all Blizzard games today in support of the virtual walk out in protest of Blizzard’s harassment !

29 Likes

Okay? Good for you i guess

22 Likes

Good. Ideally we should just stop playing until some serious internal changes happen.

4 Likes

Be a Champ, a Leader, not a chump. Boycott them for the rest of your living breathing life.

12 Likes

Solidarity! Thanks for respecting the picket line.

8 Likes

But you couldn’t resist logging into blizzard forum?

27 Likes

Um, thanks for letting the forums know :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Well at least Blizzard can count on your engagement with their forums today.

5 Likes

do you boo boo, all the other internet arm chair warriors will be right there with you.

10 Likes

Big brain 100 IQ moments.

3 Likes

The forum is one of the most efficient means of reaching others who consume blizzard products.

Essentially you just mocked a picket line in front of a business. “You couldn’t resist standing in front of the store with signs?”

21 Likes

I would mock those people, they are giving that business press, and all press is good press.

How much do you want to bet player interest has gone up since this controversy started?

2 Likes

have fun i guess. let’s see if it does anything practical.

Oh dear, you incurred the mockery, ridicule and apathy of the forums! :scream:

1 Like

as am i ,. i will not be playing any of their games , staanding in solidarity with the vicitms at bliz :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

i hate to say it, actually no i dont. slacktivism… this is worse then the kony stuff because at least those people pretended they were gonna protest kony for longer than a day, this is just saying “im not gonna play some games for a day” okay you probably have a full steam library and youtube/netflix/hulu/spotify to use instead.

what ever happened to making a sign and going outside when you wanted to boycott something

7 Likes

Boycotting something isn’t the same as protesting something. Generally I agree with the most base idea behind this though. If you want to boycott you should actually boycott instead of just logging off for a day; and it shouldn’t be for poor reasons like “I want to hurt Blizzard financially”. It should be because you find the behavior morally wrong and feel wrong supporting a company engaging in it.

3 Likes

Meh, no thanks, I’m good. I think I’ll play my favorite game in my free time because it’s what I like to do.

Edit: in my everyday life I treat people of all sexes, genders, creeds, sexualities, races, nationalities, etc. with respect, care, and genuine equality. I’m not going to punish myself for the transgressions of others. I understand the point of what you’re trying to do here, but I have a limited amount of me time and I’m not giving that up because others were bad people

9 Likes

Agree.

But imagine checking ttv and seeing “unranked to GM” content.

And many of us are logged in by browser cache. My crusade today, in between IRL productive work, is making sure ppl boycott OW streamers and making sure the streamers swap to other content (for at least just today).

One of the best ownings I’ve ever seen on these forums.

3 Likes

Personally I’m boycotting until I’m satisfied major changes have been made and things will improve. One day is not enough. This kind of thing hits me particularly hard, because I have multiple family members including my wife who work in the game industry.

2 Likes