Boycott 1/3/2 - solo tanking #neverAgain

I think that tanks should boycott the experimental card. I have no interest in playing Overwatch as a solo tank. I think those of us who remember the agony of solo tanking in the past should play any game mode except for the 1/3/2 experiment.

Update: I did try it after all. Here’s my opinions.

Let’s show Blizzard that we do not want this change!

153 Likes

As a support player, count me in bro.

84 Likes

And the rest of us who actually try new things and don’t blindly shriek and fear the unknown will have a fine time without you.

306 Likes

Maybe try it first, THEN boycott it if it is trash?

I’m not expecting it to be great, but I am willing to be pleasantly surprised.

130 Likes

why are there so many whiny people in this forum?

121 Likes

Seriously, a few extra thingies on tanks isn’t going to make off-tanks suddenly fun to solo-tank… Blizz wasted time and effort on this ngl.

Can you imagine just ball as your only tank?

19 Likes

Why make a thread if all you have to do is not play it? If Blizz sees that it’s not popular then they won’t take it into further consideration. This thread seems like it’s gonna inspire people to harass them.

5 Likes

At least try it before you write it off as bad…

22 Likes

I sometimes wonder why you people ask for more communication and changes but throw a screaming tantrum everytime they change or want to try something

Also you tank players didn’t care for dps players when you asked for 222 so I’m not gonna care about you for 132

46 Likes

That’s okay. This is why it’s experimental right now, and not imminent.

Solo tanking was only terrible when the enemy had the ability to run 2+ tanks. You can rest a bit knowing that in this mode the enemy tank will also be solo tanking.

13 Likes

Yeah? That was one of the most popular comps not so long ago

2 Likes

First, it’s not new. Second, it’s not unknown. I’ve played my fair share of 1/3/2. It was miserable. I have no interest in playing that way again.

I have tried it. It was every other match for 3 years and it wasn’t fun.

I’m hoping to encourage others to also not play it.

I’ve already tried it. This isn’t something new.

18 Likes

I don’t know why is it that dps players don’t just play QP Classic.

15 Likes

Honestly, I find this kind of funny.

To boycott something you know so little about.

I mean, hell, I wasn’t a fan of 222 when it was first talked about, and I still can’t say that I’m a fan of it. But, when the role Q Beta and that came out, I at least tried it.

Because, you know, it was new and different and I wasn’t 100% sure what it was going to be like. And, the same can be said here.

But, instead of trying something, you know, giving it a fair shake and then providing honest feedback. You would rather just act like a child.

Honestly, this sounds like a 7-year-old who says they don’t like green beans, even though they’ve never had it before.

But, you guys do you, I guess. :man_shrugging:

You see, the mistake you made there is you applied logic and reason to something on the forum.

And we all know how logic and reason goes on here.

Right? I was a Flex player back then and was repeatedly crapped on by tank and support mains, when that change was coming. I was told things like “suck it up”, “adapt or leave” and so on.

So, if 132 is a success, and becomes part of the main game, I’m going to tell those people what they told me. And they’ll probably appreciate the lack of empathy about as much as I did.

Yes, it is new. And no you haven’t. You are confusing the 132 comp from before, with the idea of 132 in a role Q environment

The first big difference is, that both teams will be locked into using that comp. The second biggest difference is that the mode will be balanced around that idea.

So, no, it’s not the same as any 132 you played before.

28 Likes

Oh, without the balance changes associated with it, it was garbage, which is why I expect it will STILL be garbage.

But, I’ll give it a go in case it isn’t.

3 Likes

QPC is in the arcade aka theres no skill based matchmaking.
Theres nothing stopping a GM from being placed with Silvers.
Arcades a joke for fair games and thats why its home to Total Mayhem.
222 gets both skill based match making modes. It doesnt feel fair that anyone who dislikes 222 is forced into either a joke or they have to quit the game.

1 Like

It worked before, it’ll work again, and this time we get buffs to compensate.

4 Likes

This is not new. It’s just a forced version of a comp that I already know I don’t enjoy. It’s the same.

3 Likes

There’s still skill based matchmaking in the arcade.

5 Likes

Wasn’t Ball+3/4dps an occasional OWl comp?

5 Likes