Bots in Junkertown Stay In Spawn

I’ve noticed that while practicing with bots, the bots stay in spawn on Junkertown. They seem to be looking at the motorcycle, which is what leads me to believe that the bots consider the motorcycle an enemy, and stop at nothing to shoot it, which, although makes them seem more like real players, is a problem for me and any other gamemode in which the bots can’t shoot. Because of this, the bots just stay in spawn forever.

4 Likes

Will take a look thanks.

3 Likes

PLEASE look at Bastion Tank Mode bug. It has been in the game since closed beta and has a tremendous impact on his ult.

They don’t leave even when it’s destroyed?

I’ve noticed something was odd with Junkertown, whenever I create a custom map with bots on skirmish, this is the only map where I get a kick for inactivity even while I’m moving around. The apparent reasoning would be, because the bots don’t leave spawn, then I don’t have a target to hit, to reset the inactivity timer, but I’m almost certain in other maps, on Skirmish mode, you don’t have to necessarily hit an enemy to reset the inactivity.

Only hybrid and control maps don’t have an inactivity timer in skirmish.
Ex. King’s Row, Ilios, etc

Thanks for the report. Are you using Custom Game settings for these matches? If so, which ones are you using?

To reproduce this issue with as few custom settings as possible, other than having only Skirmish mode enabled and selecting Junkertown map only, all it took was to disable primary fire for team 2 (the team I filled with Ana bots, which is the team that spawns on the attacker side).

I tried replacing the bots with Bastions, also with primary fire disabled but once they reconfigured into sentry mode, they were able to fire and destroy the bike, thus releasing them from that priority. Once I custom disabled the Reconfigure ability, they remained stuck in spawn just like the Anas from before. Prevent them from damaging it and they’ll be like moths on a lightbulb.

I guess a quick workaround for this seems to be, to simply put yourself on Team 2 and the bots on Team 1 to reverse the spawn.

Bots aren’t welcome in Junkertown.

1 Like

Still an issue, I had mcree bots with primary fire enabled and they wouldn’t leave spawn