Bose Quiet Comfort Ultra w/ OW2

I got this new expensive headset that is supposed to have immersive audio. The Auto quality sounds great in menus. The second I enter game it changes to this low rent headphone auto. I also notice as guns start to fire i think the environmental sound (footsteps, others fire, etc) noticeable lowers. I also cant seem to hear footsteps. Yet once I heard footsteps across the map as i was coming out of spawn. Its like I my headset was somewhere else.

Any know problems with this product.

I’ve tried,
1)disconnect/reconnect.
2) every combination of doby on/off, (theatre, headset, studio, tv)

All bad.

Are they bluetooth? Many bluetooth devices don’t have enough sound channels for gaming.

Howdy!

Taking this data from an older post, but it still stands.

Bluetooth is designed for telephone audio, not high-fidelity gaming audio. As a result, it is prone to these issues in gaming audio and results may be different between different manufacturers or models of headset.

Bluetooth as technology has three modes relevant to us:

1. Headset Audio - Uses both stereo audio and microphone. However, the sound quality is very low. (8kHz/8bits.) Using this mode will probably make everything sound like you’re going through a tunnel.
  2. Hands Free - Gives you a mono audio signal and access to your mic. This has lower audio quality as well (16kHz/8bits.) Good for telephone/VOIP communication, bad for stereo audio applications since all sound will come from both headset cups.
  3. Advanced Audio Distribution Profile - Close to CD-quality stereo audio, good for hearing where your opponents are in Heroes, but disables mic and as a result voice chat.

Because of these limitations, it is highly recommended that you avoid using Bluetooth headsets if you are attempting to use voice chat simultaneously. If you’re only using it to listen to the game audio, it should be fine to activate the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP, Stereo audio) profile for better audio quality.

If you want to use both stereo audio and mic, enabling your Bluetooth device’s Headset profile can give you the best compromise. Unfortunately as mentioned above, the audio quality is poor and on some devices may result in the headset not broadcasting any game audio at all.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.