Boosting is a real thing that blizzard doesn't care about

So a player who is either player poorly or playing well is a potential booster? If you play enough games with me, you’ll find I’m also a potential booster. Some games I don’t play well, and some games I destroy the entire enemy team. I hope you don’t report me for either of these.

3 Likes

If you are not a cheater you won’t get banned. Simple as that. Andbif you are a booster you will get banned.

1 Like

Is this true? If it already works like this, what’s the issue with boosters?

Should we just report everyone who might possibly be a booster, meaning everyone who plays poorly or well, and the system will take care of the real boosters? Is there no issue with the number of false reports made this way?

Look I’m not some toxic kid who thinks that everyone is a booster. But there are matches where one person is just destroying the team in everyteam fight. And most of the boosters are DPS.

I wonder which rank you play? And why you defending this business. If you diamond you are telling me one day you will play like a bronze ? And one day like low GM? That difference could exist ?

Maybe when you performing bad you can’t get the booster player and when you doing easily you are just destroying a player who was boosted 1000 Sr above from his elo…

What business do you think I’m defending? I’m not defending boosters or condoning boosting. I just think it’s extremely uncommon to find boosted player. And I also think neither you nor Blizzard can tell who is boosted based on performance alone.

This really has nothing to do with either argument, but I play in plat.

I don’t know if that difference could exist. It sounds extreme and exaggerated.

However, some days I don’t play well. I play below my rank and it’s enough to cause a loss. Maybe somebody will report me for being boosted to my rank.

Some days I play really well, above my rank. If I destroy the enemy team enough times, I don’t want to be reported for boosting.

Maybe. Probably not. I think my performance depends more on me than a single other player in the match.

I am not understanding you.

Blizzard can track an account at will. Have you heard about those OWL players who get banned? Seems as a no, you have not.

The guy I was speaking about was 900SR with public profile on season 13,12 and eleven. Then season 14 was gold and fell in all enemy’s tricks. More proof ? If you a truly plat you can see a bad player. You can have a bad day like all of us. But dying like a bronze…

My common sense tells me if i am not doing good as Widow to switch, if my aim is not good that day switch to an easier dps or a mercy or rein.

Will I stand in front of a turret until I die like a bronze or face a bastion without a plan ?

Surf the net and you will know a lot about this business. Those companies send their soldiers to destroy low, middle and low high elos. I even saw Kabaji dealing as enemy with a booster platinium who was in high Master, he is a top 500; he recognized the boosted pretty fast. Which his profile and proceed to ignored the enemy boosted plat. It is recorded I think. By destroying and create Kaos some ppl are forced to look for help. If you perform out of your rank, MMR tries to find a fair match and you are elegible to face a smurf(who might be boosting, having fun,w/e) I mean if you really good…

And I am 100% sure Blizzaed can track all our accounts and IP, but they do just use it for OWL.

really m8 really proof ?
they dont care cause its not a rule breaker blizz has this in every game they make and if you cared to look it up you see thats its been a problem since wow launch almost
and for the spelling dude what a comment to make so incedible stupid and boring like everyone speaks english perfect ?? you must be losely wired

I mean… I can barely make this out as it’s realy incoherrent. Yes, Blizzard has to work with the third party such as Discord or FaceBook in this case to shut down such a group. They have no authority to do this on others’ platforms like it’s the Wild West.

its not 1 group its a lot of people making a lot of money boosting its so normal that people think it legal these days

and if its incoherent then yes you are wired wrong its a few words and it does make sence

Boosting is prevalent in almost every MMO out there. Finding it in one small–albeit weird place–such as FaceBook, shouldn’t be a surprise.

Wrongly* Is just an example that every line you make has at least one error in it. I’m not saying it’s legal but they cannot just shut down servers or groups off of their property. They have to work with said third party and it’s more work to do so. Sure, they tackle it but it’s hard to stop and easily regrows similar to say piracy and other illegal activities. Lots of effort to stop something that rebuilds the next day.

again shall we continue in my native language cause it seems weird to you that people try to make it easy for you and learn a differend one
second its easy to fix but boosters also pay for the game and thats activision for you

It’s very rare to actually see happen but I do have one match recorded of a soldier boosting the person they’re duo’d with. Not an aimbot, but very good at tracking heads - way better than they should be at gold. They were basically spawn camping half the team (the fact that the rest of the team didn’t come back to spawn to regroup - even after being repeatedly told about it - is a completely different gold tier problem).

Had either a boosted player or someone who was wintrading today… Ran rein on watch point Gibraltar, complained about not having a hitscan when they later played phara.

So you found a boosting advertisement page. Big deal. Go to Sythe, EpicNPC, etc and you’ll find way more than that. It’s not like this is some big secret thing that Blizzard doesn’t know about, and they are dealing with this. I’ve been seeing a lot of bans being handed out for boosting, and I’ve even had one of my lower ranked accounts get caught up in the bans because I raised the SR from 2300 to 3000 in a day.

Given the things you do, you deserve a perma ban on all accounts imo.

Now what have I done that could possibly warrant that?

the sad thing is, you’re going to get a far more harsh punishment for linking to a boosting service than any actual booster would get