BOB is too OP with 1200 health and very small crit box

Which ULT can kill BOB with 1200 health?

Reapers ULT = no

Soldier ULT = no

DVA Bomb = no

The only counter is to hide or sleep him. Even if you have a shield the enemy will likely focus your shield and BOB has aimbot and does more damage than Solders ULT.

His health needs to be nerfed and he needs to have a larger crit box. Even up in his face standing still aiming at his head from 2 inches does NOT consistently deal crit damage.

7 Likes

Roadhog ult can. Boop him out of the way. Hack him. Rein shield. Sleep. There are so many ways to stop him it’s kinda crazy tbh.

15 Likes

honey… bob is shut down so easily its not even funny.

• Ana sleep
  • Hack
  • Symmetra shield
  • Rein charge
  • if he’s near a ledge you can boop him
  • If you’re playing Orisa you can just chuck up a shield and chain headshots onto him

Like… Bob is not an issue lmao.

29 Likes

Not to mention hacking him, blocking his damage with shield (team hits head shots), LOS’ing him… there are so many counters to it. If anything, it probably has the most counters to it in game. It can be so bad, I can ignore it and continue to get enemy team picks. The best use of bob is honestly stalling.

1 Like

I’ve used Bob for stalling a few times.
Get him on the payload yo help give teammates a few more seconds to get to the objective or even sending him far out towards the aproaching team. They either take damage ignoring him or waste time dealing with him.

That tactic has closed out a few games for me. I’ll also use it during Rein, Orissa ultimates or EMP

I’ve had mild success with bob and Zarya gravs, best to just chuck dynamite into it and blow it up.

I’ll also use bob for clean up on difficult teams fights or help add that extra push onto a point.

He’s pretty versatile. Definately stick him on high ground with lots of sight lines whenever possible. This helps negate a few of his counters.

ummmm… i’ve been shot enough times by both BOB and Tactical Visor to know the difference and Tactical Visor definitely does higher damage.

but heh

yeah

imagine that

a time when people were actually scared when soldier popped visor. that feeling is now reserved for riptire, an abillity junkrat players couldn’t play the game without and anybody could pull off. 'cause you know that if you’re doing anything productive dude is just going to solo ult you all day long

bob stands completely still, if you can’t headshot that idk what to tell you.

14 Likes

but but but he rotates bro.

1 Like

Interesting how everyone complained about too much CC in the game, but now that Bob’s been added, there suddenly isn’t enough CC.

3 Likes

I think bob is okay, he seems to do disproportionate amount of damage to tanks, he always seems to melt me on rank. If I were to change him he’d not auto focus the heroes I play.

I think the only thing that they should do is the torb turret nerf and slow down his rate of fire because he actually does do a lot of damage for how fast he shoots. Make Bob only effective in the direction Ashe is firing at or the Arc direction Bob charges in.

His health pool is really the only thing that I find annoying, takes like 3 full reloads with Reaper to take him down when he is occupied, but like others said he is countered.

Bob really does have too much hp. He’s pretty much treated as a 7th team member. In terms of utility and power why it is more completive then. Pretty much every dps ultimate in the game?

Bastion in siege mode can’t kill Bob 1v1.
Torb is supposed to be the best engineer or something right? BoB has more hp then the old lvl3 turret.

You can heal Bob but you can’t heal Torb’s turret. You can dmg boost or nano Bob but you could never do this to the old lvl3 turret. So why is Bob getting all this special treatment? Where is the consistency?

I’m not seeing the point in bringing up Torb’s turret. That wasn’t changed because it was too good. It was changed because it was laughably bad. They also aren’t used in the same way.

Bob isn’t OP. He’s only really useful as a utility or strategic ult; not a killing one. Yeah, he has a lot of HP, but he also stands still and can be crowd controlled into the ground. His best use is for distraction or contesting a few seconds. He’s only useful damage wise in very specific situations.

2 Likes

Bob is pretty much a glorified turret. Ashe already has an S-teir level kit. On top of all that Bob has abilities and utility that Torb’s lvl3 turret never had. If you can’t understand the scope of that. Then you might as well be wearing rose colored glasses. Not to mention Torb had to have a level 2 turret build to use his ult.

It’s inconsistent because they’ve gone on record saying torb was centered around the turret. So why did they make a even better turret for a dps focused hero that already has a great kit?

Torb could never press Q and plop down a 1200hp turret that could contest, get healed, be dmg boost, be nano-ed and whatever else i’m missing. Don’t forget being able to survive every dps focused ult.

So again why is Bob getting special treatment compared to Torb’s old ult and turret. It’s not like Torb is hit-scan, has an escape ability and an aoe dot effect. All Torb can do is get pissed off and shotgun ppl with a projectile based gun. Yet even after Torb’s rework he still pretty much sucks. Compared to the rest of the cast.

1 Like

He dies really fast if your team just shoots him, if you have a Sombra you can hack him, Ana can sleep him, etc.
Heck one sleep without waking him is enough to shave off most of the ult duration.

Is Bob supposed to be 2 Roadhog’s worth of a bullet sponge that doesn’t reload? Is Bob supposed to be able to eat cooldowns? No he’s a damn ulitmate ability for damage focused hero with an already strong kit. He does enough damage that he’s a threat to low hp heros that can’t heal themselfs. Bob can single handedly stop a push, eat a lot of dmg, cooldowns and get kills. When backed-up by Ashe and the team.

Wait… So you think a glorified turret is a powerful thing? Because that’s what it sounds like you’re implying.

Which is part of the reason he was reworked. His ult was garbage.

Bob can be crowd controlled and contest the point. Calling him a turret isn’t terribly accurate.

And again, are you implying turrets are powerful? Because their best uses in-game are distraction and chip damage. Not exactly ultima weapons.

And it got reworked because it was garbage.

His turret also couldn’t be slept, shield bashed, booped, charged away, or headshot. I don’t know why you’re pretending Bob is some god-tier ult.

You mean the old ult that got reworked because it was garbage?

I’m still left wondering what this has to do with Ashe or Bob.

…So… Not single-handedly, then?

3 Likes

what games are you playing where this is happening
just sleep him and wait it out then shield the last two seconds or so of him. Bam. Fixed

its not like he’s hard to hit, standing still and all

A very small crit box that literally does not move. HE STANDS STILL. An ult that is worthless if a tank, Ana, Sombra, or any of the other crowd control characters step in. If anything BOB needs to do more damage when he charges in.