Blurry Crosshair at 1440p

The crosshairs at 1440p are a blurry mess.

Can this be fixed please?

Previous posts on this issue:

Yessssssssssss please someone talk about this!!

Yeah it maybe a scaling issue with the U.I.

Here is a zoomed in version of the crosshair in photoshop https://i.imgur.com/fFs5MBB.jpg

Here’s what it looks like for me. https://66.media.tumblr.com/94e8a9f3ec11df9736010db7ba0b6089/tumblr_pfkp17x4I11tc8dtgo2_r1_500.png

It definitely feels like a scaling issue and I tried for 3 months to figure out what settings I needed to fix before realizing… There’s nothing I can do. Blizz has to optimize the resolution.

I don’t know if it’s because my monitor is 27" AND 1440p and Not a widescreen (Default aspect ratio is 16:9)

Support basically told me “I told the devs about it but to fix it you can play with a lower resolution” But it doesn’t fix it because then I have black bars around the game.

I can run the game in 21:9 and it fixes the UI scaling but it also adds black bars around my game because I don’t have a widescreen monitor. And it makes my sens feel different.

Running the game in my default ratio of 16:9 causes the ui to be blurry and big. Hit detection and input lag also feel bad.

TLDR: Please let us play in our default 16:9 aspect ratio at 1440p resolution on a 27" monitor. I don’t want to buy a new monitor just for this game to feel good.

(Bill Warnecke) #7

Hey there, sorry for this issue. One of our UI engineers is taking a look at this and we think we may have a solution to work around this. Unfortunately it may not make it in until the 1.32 patch.

Cheers.

Thank you.

On 1080p the crosshair also get blurry when playing in windowed mode, going fullscreen makes the outlines crisp again. Been like this since launch.

Hey Bill i just a something to bring to you that i have found about i was watching a twitch streamer just before and notice that when they were playing tracer they didnt have the circle that get a little bit big when they shoot but instead that just had four lines as a cross-hair and there was no fire spread i have taken a photo from the streamer and then a photo from my game to check the difference so if i can send then to you to help let me know

They probably have custom crosshair with Bloom turned off. (You can customize crosshair in options-controls and click on the “+” sign under crosshair :wink:)

You can’t just ugly-hack it in?

and my recollection of how ResizeBuffers/ResizeTarget are called makes me feel you could just stick a view-matrix recalc into the WM_SIZE handler? I mean, you always seem to be calling ResizeBuffers() from there, unless I remember things backwards…

Just a suggestion, hoping you can ship a small fix in 1.31 :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome! Looking forward to the fix.

Ideally, I’d like to be able to have 1px (native) crosshair width at 1440p.

Another thing at 165hz is that kill-cams lagg, it looks like the player who killed you is using cheats.

Just tested it on the PTR! Super happy. It’s the new “Scale with resolution” setting in where your crosshair stuff is :slight_smile:

I do wish the game didn’t scale soo much since hit reg feels a lot better when the enemies are smaller/normal sized… but I understand the FOV issues.

Still really grateful to have a nonblurry crosshair soon <3