Blizzard's anti-consumer policies

Dont try playing the game on a weak connection. If you are kicked out of a game for any amount of time, even a few seconds, you will be slapped with a -75% exp penalty for the next few games. This means that you cant earn anything while you have this. They could have just made you play in QM only, like in HotS, but nope, you have to have a very debilitating penalty put on you even if you return immediately and finish the game. On top of this, they will not do anything to fix this, claiming there is nothing they can do. Waste of time to put this here, probably, but I thought I would share.

2 Likes

It’s not Blizzards fault your internet sucks but it’s the god’s honest truth that leavers ruin this game and make it terrible.

Blizz has no way of knowing if you left legitimately (due to internet/computer problems) or if you just quit because you’re a baby who can’t take a loss.

So all leavers get treated the same and quite frankly I think the penalty needs to be harsher because as I said, leavers RUIN this game.

You know your internet is unstable then don’t play comp and accept the fact that you DCing all the time IS having a negative effect on the 11 other people playing in the match and you’ll be punished for it.

(also you get the penalty after leaving MULTIPLE games, you don’t get it for just leaving one or two)

10 Likes

You don’t get the -75% penalty just from a single disconnect. Either:

1. You have a horrible internet connection/ faulty pc, and you’re constantly crashing.

2. You just leaving your games and blaming it on server issues.

They have nothing to fix here, because nothing needs fixing (at least in this situation, they have problems need fixing elsewhere).

2 Likes

Yeah, seriously. You did not get the QP experience penalty for a routine number of disconnections. Either your computer or internet connection is a flaming pile of failure, or you’ve been quitting games.

I kept getting put in a game that was almost over, so I left, then it put me right back in, so I left, then it… Did this like 7 or 8 times, I thought it was funny how it kept putting me in that one game.

15 game penalty. Yikes. I had no idea this was a thing until that happened. I had been playing over a year at that point.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. In the case of casual games, leaving too many games (including leaving and returning to the same game) can result in a experience gain penalty of 75% for at least 5 matches (which will increase if you leave more games). The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in yellow text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please head to the technical support forum and start a new post saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!

(^^)v

5 Likes

Yeah that’s kind of a no brainer. When your internet is terrible it affects not just you but 11 other people. Don’t play online team based games with garbage internet.

Think you could mention something to “the powers to be” about this last patch causing performance issues such as lower frame-rates and something about RAM addressing. I’d post you my COMP TIA ID #, but since this is a public forum and I assume equal privacy, just put in a good word to them about some Quality of life fixes to the game’s graphics engine. RTX 2060 launches next week and we need a solid answer. Does this game more heavily rely on the CPU or the GPU. I mean we are talking about games like TOM clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildands, where there are HUGE particle effects that take up many MORE of the over-all graphics pool, and this game just souly burns-out on Frame-rate loss and stutters for effects that are otherwise not nearly as intense as BIG A titles.

:wink:

Why not submit a ticket to support?

I think the problem is you can’t rejoin even if you accidentally disconnect.

I’m going with cpu.
I say that because I tried overclocking a gtx980ti and didn’t see as much improvement as slightly overclocking an i75820k cpu. 3.3 to 3.8

With the latest patch my game crashes if I take my gpu off factory defaults even though it isn’t working hard at all. temps are at 50c.

There was supposed to be a reload the whole game update coming that I pray will take care of this.
That being said I can get 300 fps all low 75 render with just my cpu overclocked a bit.
You don’t have to have all low settings either, it just makes the game less visually cluttered.

The blizzard support staff usually states “please use our forums”. Been there done that :slight_smile: .

internet being unreliable in 2019 shouldn’t be a thing…

i live deep in a rural area in canada and never lose internet…
would 100% put the blame on stupid wifi setups :wink:

back in 1998 if your mom accidently picked up the phone i would understand… but these days are long gone.

Odd, because when I submitted a ticket they gave me this list:
" Make sure to include the following information:

1. Updated MSinfo: Blizzard Support - Obtaining System Files

2. The make and model of your modem

3. A screenshot of the Netgraph from in-game (Ctrl+Shift+N).

4. A MTR test:

1. Download WinMTR from http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Traceroute-Whois-Tools/WinMTR-NET.shtml
  2. Open the WinMTR.exe
  3. Launch Overwatch and click Training -> Practice Range.
  4. After the map loads, press Ctrl+Shift+N to open the Network Graph. The server’s IP address is listed in the upper left of the graph. Example: [LAX] 24.105.13.114:26535
  5. Type the IP address in the “Host” field in WinMTR. Without the port and preceding colon (24.105.13.114:26535 should be typed as 24.105.13.114 for example).
  6. Click on “Start” and then play for about 10 minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
  7. Click on “Copy text to clipboard” and paste the results into a text file and attach that to your next ticket reply."

And when I submitted the info they were able to tell me what was going on. But yeah I’m sure they told you “Go to our general discussion board”

I was sumarizing the topic, but yes. thats exactly what they send.

uh huh.