Blizzardian references in Overwatch

• The fate of becoming knights of death: Malthael, Arthas and Reaper;
  • A woman who had a corrupt mind by becoming a murderer: Sarah Kerrigan, Sylvanas and Widowmaker;
  • Two brothers who live in conflict but one of them suffers heavy physical consequences: Imperius and Tyrael, Malfurion and Illidan, Hanzo and Genji;

These are some of Blizzard’s stereotypes, but if we go deeper we can find many others: -

• McCree who finds the Omnic Echo> Jim Raynor who in Starcraft 2 finds an assistant
  • The MEKA of D.VA> the Goliath of Starcraft
  • Zenyatta, the Omnic monk who travels the world> The monk of DIablo
  • Brigitte, a care dispatcher> Diablo’s paladin or with the skills of the Starcraft doctor
  • The technology of light from the structures of the Vishkar> The alien technology Protoss
  • Mercy > Auriel, archangel of hope
  • Torbjorn> Swann from Stracraft
  • Winston, the one who tries to bring the team together> Thrall, the orc that brings people together for the good of Azeroth
  • The aesthetics of Symmetra> the Sorceress of Diablo 2

To you the word of other Blizzardian References :wink:

4 Likes

Maybe based on these Blizzard’s stereotypes we can predict new heroes?
Is there AI engineer or human who lives in robot body now?

Fenix is a protoss whose mind was uploaded into a robot.
but ill have to disappoint you by saying… hes an assassin

blizzardian notes:

• Stitches (HotS) / Butcher (Diablo) / Roadhog: a big character with a hook
  • The tal’darim and Talon: black organization with white and red inserts
  • Shields and Barriers > Protoss technology
  • Hammer Down > Diablo’s barbarian skill
  • Garrosh Hellscream > Doomfist’s thirst for conflict

in theory it would be Genji

I think there is a more pertinent reference to Orisa regarding the transition from the OR-15 model to that of Efi.

the next expansion of WoW (shadowlands) has many elements similar to Diablo. I would not rule out this possibility. But more specifically, I would pay attention to what is present in Heroes of the Storm as possible abilities in Overwatch (not all of them, but some are interesting). For example, it is not excluded that in the future there may be a hero who dispenses a material on the ground that is needed to be able to use his own kit (such as biomass or pylons, from Starcraft)

we already had that in torbjörn and it didnt work :confused:

“hero who dispenses a material on the ground that is needed to be able to use his own kit”
Emm… Wrecking Ball doesn’t do that?

sorry, I explained myself badly XD I mean from the point of view of the support to the companions. for example, the shield generator was: at a certain range (50 m) it gave companions additional shield points. but once out of that range, there is no longer that tactical advantage on the pitch.

1 Like

Och. Now I get it.

Symmetra does it with turrets and teleport.
Torbjörn does it with turret