Blizzard World's 2nd point would be a good FFA map

I always thought it would be cool if they expanded upon different parts of Blizzard world for different types of modes.

http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/File:BlizzardWorld_-_Map.png

As you can see from the map, the actual Blizzard World we’re playing is only a section of the entire park. Imagine if they opened up another part of the map specifically designed for FFA or have another part of the map be designed for 2CP.

5 Likes

I would love this, and I really hope we do see some expansion upon the map, just as Black Forest, Necropolis, and Castillo are from Eichenwalde, Anubis, and Dorado respectively. If they took BlizzWorld and made perhaps a CTF map from the Darkmoon Faire and Siege of Orgrimmar areas, or an arena map from New Tristram, or an FFA map from the Mage District. There’s a lot of potential to expand on that map and really bring Blizz World to life!!

1 Like

King’s Row first point would make for a better FFA map. Mondatta statue, bus, theater, some verticality, plenty of area outside of the cathedral (and even inside).

I agree for the most part, but the first point isn’t as circular; there’s no way to get to the hotel behind the first point from the attacker’s spawn in the cathedral, for instance. The second point has more flanker access routes, different pathways to get to the same area.

Yes! Love this idea, and the idea of opening up other park areas for FFA maps. I’m dying to go to the Orgrimmar zone…

So…another map like King’s Row? … yeah, okay, cause that’s like one of the few non-DM maps that’s good for DM.

Yeah, I think it could definitely be like King’s Row and the other modified DM maps. I was looking at overheads of the maps, and it got me thinking of what features those points have in common that makes them good for DM, and it made me realize Blizz world would work too!

Good idea. We will add it. Not sure which patch tho. Will try and get some time to set it up. Thanks!

84 Likes

Nice.

20characters…

1 Like

Yasss. Please

charreq

What about adding another section of Blizzard World, not part of the current Blizzard World, as an Elimination map (similar to Castillo, Eichenwalde and Necropolis)? There’s a lot of places on the Blizzard World map that we weren’t able to visit…

9 Likes

Do you intent to work on more original maps for FFA? I’d rather prefer another map like chateau.

3 Likes

Sweet.
Also, just a suggestion, but the new CTF map you created for the last chinese new years event might also be good.

4 Likes

what about the new CTF map? i thing it would be cool for FFA too

3 Likes

I think it would be neat if Blizzard World had completely new sections for different game modes. The whole park IS bigger than what you play normally.

Who’s to say that we can’t have CTF on that big rollercoaster in the distance?

4 Likes

Thats a great idea! Maye something to do with the roller coaster

Thank you so much for answering! I’m way excited :slight_smile:

Could you consider Numbani as well? 2nd point will be a nice circular area with main passage, 2 side-ways, space for boops, a bit of high ground, both close and long range areas.

I’m actually going to disagree here. It feels small, There’s not MUCH highground besides for the Starcraft turret which can see the entire map. Those indoor areas are WAY too cramped if you ask me. Not to mention the healthpacks feel very close together on Blizzworld second point, Too much camping and not enough open verticality if you ask me.

But who am I to have an opinion :man_shrugging:

The stairs next to the turret lead to a whole upper level of the Pylon Terrace, which has walkways to the Nexus Experience building and the high ground next to the Diablo Cathedral entrance. It’s not extremely high ground, but there’s a lot of cover to hide behind which will be good for peeking fights.

Are they? I think there’s

• one mini in the tunnel between Booty Bay and the pathway to the side of the Pylon Terrace
  • one mini in the concession building under the Terrace
  • one mini in the grass by the souvenir cart near the end of the 2nd point (this may have been moved, I don’t remember)
  • one mega in the backstage area under the flight of duskwood ride
  • one mini in the HotS arcade (iirc)
  • one mega in the nexus experience circle room
  • one mini just outside the defenders spawn for second point

I think these are pretty well spread out, but to balance it for FFA they might need to adjust the sizes or placements of a few. I don’t think the camp potential is any worse than any of the other FFA maps though.