Blizzard World's 2nd point would be a good FFA map

I know everyone’s favorite is Chateau Guillard, and it was nice when they reduced the FFA/TDM maps down to only ones that worked well; King’s Row, Dorado, Eichenwalde, and Hollywood. These maps’ second points all work well for FFA because they’re fairly circular with a good balance of secluded spots for 1v1s as well as open ground for brawls, as well as verticality and sightlines.
I think BlizzWorld’s second point has all those features, and would be a refreshing addition to the FFA/TDM pool. What do you think? What problems would this map have? Are there any other maps/map points you think could be added? Thanks for reading.

56 Likes

It’s actually pretty true. It has a good high ground and lots of interior parts and a decent ammount of healthpacks.

Make it happen Blizz!

14 Likes

I think it would help a lot of the interior see more use as well, I hardly ever see people using the Starcraft building and the HotS arcade in qp.

3 Likes

True ,lots of varied terrain and a decent space to play with ,I’d play it.

I really want an additional 2 cp map tbh

Me either. And it’s a really cool area

The one concern I have (and part of the reason I don’t like Chateau) is that none of the respawn points would be that tucked away. I feel like that’s the reason that Route 66 isn’t used as well.

They will probably make it a ffa map in the future, blizzard world just arrived a little late so it didn’t make the initial ffa maps release.

Hmm, that’s a good point, I think maybe if you included the backstage areas (the mega between point 1 and 2 and the backstage where defenders Spawn for point 2), that would add a few more areas. Chateau does have that issue too sometimes, same with Dorado imo.

I always thought it would be cool if they expanded upon different parts of Blizzard world for different types of modes.

http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/File:BlizzardWorld_-_Map.png

As you can see from the map, the actual Blizzard World we’re playing is only a section of the entire park. Imagine if they opened up another part of the map specifically designed for FFA or have another part of the map be designed for 2CP.

5 Likes

I would love this, and I really hope we do see some expansion upon the map, just as Black Forest, Necropolis, and Castillo are from Eichenwalde, Anubis, and Dorado respectively. If they took BlizzWorld and made perhaps a CTF map from the Darkmoon Faire and Siege of Orgrimmar areas, or an arena map from New Tristram, or an FFA map from the Mage District. There’s a lot of potential to expand on that map and really bring Blizz World to life!!

1 Like

King’s Row first point would make for a better FFA map. Mondatta statue, bus, theater, some verticality, plenty of area outside of the cathedral (and even inside).

I agree for the most part, but the first point isn’t as circular; there’s no way to get to the hotel behind the first point from the attacker’s spawn in the cathedral, for instance. The second point has more flanker access routes, different pathways to get to the same area.

Yes! Love this idea, and the idea of opening up other park areas for FFA maps. I’m dying to go to the Orgrimmar zone…

So…another map like King’s Row? … yeah, okay, cause that’s like one of the few non-DM maps that’s good for DM.

Yeah, I think it could definitely be like King’s Row and the other modified DM maps. I was looking at overheads of the maps, and it got me thinking of what features those points have in common that makes them good for DM, and it made me realize Blizz world would work too!

Good idea. We will add it. Not sure which patch tho. Will try and get some time to set it up. Thanks!

84 Likes

Nice.

20characters…

1 Like

Yasss. Please

charreq

What about adding another section of Blizzard World, not part of the current Blizzard World, as an Elimination map (similar to Castillo, Eichenwalde and Necropolis)? There’s a lot of places on the Blizzard World map that we weren’t able to visit…

9 Likes