Blizzard where is my skin

I was/am anticipating that the skin would be made available through a cross game promotion. Dare I say you would have to play or make a purchase involving Diablo immortals in order to earn the skin.

1 Like

Is it worth asking/clarifying that what youā€™ve said here isnā€™t a comment in representation of the company? I can see your comment being potentially taken out of context.

All of my posts appear in green which means I am a forum MVP. I am not a representative of Blizzard Entertainment. Usually if I refer to something that is based on an official statement from Blizzard Entertainment it will be presented in a citation and quote.

1 Like

Thank you. :slight_smile: I can just see this being thrown out of context regardless of the normal protocols you follow.

The only thing I ask from the community, is that if you ever see anything quoted from my text that is delivered out of context please let me know, and I will do everything within my power to handle it.

1 Like

This is a prime example of lack of communication on Blizzards end. They need to be more transparent Across the board. With this, they said the skin would be available again in 2019 (not exclusive), then open it up on the PTR. Then they make it Legacy.

Was opening up the skin on PTR intentional? If not, let us know Blizzard.. Because right now we can only assume you were going to open it up for the Anniversary event, but then either A) decided to give in to those who whined and make it exclusive, or B) decided to open it up in a different way later in the year.

Please, Blizzard, stop keeping your mouth shut. Be clear here. Either you meant to release it on the PTR, or you didnā€™t. Either you plan to release it later this year, or you decided to go back on your word. Staying silent only makes things worse.

If the skin had not shown up the PTR, everyone wouldnā€™t have said anything until December. But you know what? It did. And then it got made Legacy after people complained about the $70 ticket. That looks bad. You need to clear the air.

4 Likes

100% agree. Either way, someone is going to be unhappy if/when they clear the air, but right now, a lot more people are unhappy than there has to be.

I think you hit it right there.

At least I was able to get it on Ptr before they locked itā€¦

Honestly at this point I kinda donā€™t care if/when/how they release it. I just want them to tell us soon.

I didnā€™t buy a ticket because they clearly stated that it would be made available later. A lot of people are in the same boat. I like the skin, but not enough to buy a virtual ticket for it. If they make it available, Iā€™ll definitely get it. If they donā€™t, I donā€™t even really play Sombra enough for it to matter, I just thought it looked cool.

But the fact remains that they told us ages ago that it would be available later, they got everyoneā€™s hopes up by putting it on ptr, and then summoned a storm of confusion by locking it all of a sudden.

Yes, we are not even halfway through the year. Technically they could let us stir in an chaotic frenzy for 6 more months, release it during the next Halloween event or even early for the winter event, and they would still be fulfilling their promise.

But after stirring the pot on the ptr, I donā€™t think itā€™s unreasonable to ask for some communication from the devs, rather than just yelling at each other here where no one knows anything.

Blizzard please, talk to us. Quell the riots by giving us some god damn closure. Some people will be happy and others will be unhappy no matter what, but at least weā€™d have an answerā€¦

That will be incredibly tacky of them considering their botched Diablo Immortals reveal and the reception by the community.

1 Like

This is my speculation, there is no telling if that will ever happen or not. Heck, considering news for Diablo Immortals has been silent since BlizzCon, it would come as no surprise if the project is on an indefinite hold.

If that ends up beint the case then they must be desperate to get people to play it. Skins not worth playing something like that.

In my opinion if they tie it to Diablo immortal thatā€™s shady. I donā€™t want to play Diablo, I want to play Overwatch. The main issue really is I donā€™t want to game on my phone. This skin shouldnā€™t even be this big of a issue! People saying itā€™s unfair because they spent money on it isnt really a good argument. A) you donā€™t buy the virtual ticket just for a skin and B) nobody told said you had to buy it.

Clearly many of us saw that they would release it later, weā€™d gladly wait and we trust blizzard to follow through. If people still want to say itā€™s unfair I would argue the virtual ticket its self is unfair and you have no right to complain. With the virtual ticket you get to see everything a person who spent 250+ dollars to see. You donā€™t have to leave your house and thereā€™s no lines and thatā€™s not including extra expenses.

That Sombraā€™s skin should have never been a Blizzcon skin considering Winston and Bastion both got the short end of stick. Thought went into Sombraā€™s skin, Bastion and Winston just got same color skin with a different year slapped onto it. Thatā€™s really the only thing unfair about ANY OF THIS, lets be real.

If those who bought the skin still want to complain then fine let them win. Iā€™m sure many of us would gladly pay for the skin if thatā€™s what it take to get it. But we really shouldnā€™t have to we waited, we trusted, we deserve the skin. We donā€™t deserve to be let down or lied to, Blizzard do the right thing.

I say, wait until Blizzcon, release it for 3000 credits. Keep it out of the lootbox pool maybe.
That way, people who payed for a ticket (despite what the fine print said) will get their moneyā€™s worth, and Blizz will uphold their deal.
Win-win.

1 Like

2019 have 7 more months just go to school

Let me know of a legacy skin that ever became available again and Iā€™ll concede to your point.

1 Like