Blizzard response to Seagull?

We should see compositions winrates, heroes winrates. All of these in context of the map and rating.
like: rh+diva+zarya+hanzo+lucio+mercy (~99%) vs (1%) solder-symmetry-tracer-widow-sombra-tb
and if your hero increase winrate (like rh instead of solder) and this rh playing very well - he’s a good player, not tracer. Even if tracer is good enough.

And we already have this system for qualification games

No. Just because he’s a “Pro” doesn’t mean he has any more a right to a direct response than the rest of the playerbase.

His concerns are no more valid than anyone else. If they directly respond to his, then they have to directly respond to everyone else’s as well, INCLUDING the ENTIRETY of the Mercy Player community.

No, Seagull does not deserve a direct response, since he is no more important than any other player.

Again, a good idea, but I already see it getting derailed by the fact that while a comp like Rein,Hog,Ana,Zen,Tracer,Widow might be really good for specific instances if you have a team that doesn’t know how to to play those heroes or someone gets stuck on a hero they can’t play because someone else already insta-locked the hero they can and refuses to switch the the first person is losing SR unfairly again.

What exactly do you want MORE for them to say to the…mercy community? They already stated mutiple times their ideas n plans on mercy …

1 Like

Ugh. We’ve been down this road already. Players start stat-padding.

No thank you.

If people don’t know how to play by composition - they on low ranks or they just weaker.
In the first scenario composition’s winrate will be still low (because rating also matter in winrate)
In the second scenario - that’s ok

They never addressed any of the direct question or concerns or ideas given by the Mercy community, all they ever said was “we think she’s good” before adding yet another nerf to the list.

If they’re going to address Seagull, then they must address all the Mercy players, and really all the Players in their entirety regarding EVERY situation in this game.

NO player should EVER get special treatment by the developers of a videogame. Simple as that.

what’s a problem?
If you lose - you still will lose SR (except extreme scenario with leaver/afk)
if you win - you still will receive some SR.
You can’t just stat-padding if you lose every game.

I’m saying if composition winrate has any impact on SR at all then you’re going to have a problem with people demanding certain heroes because the comp works better (look at GOATs right now) and if someone can’t play the hero from the comp they will be unfairly punished, but both the team and the system you want to implement. Unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re saying entirely, which is very possible too.

That is the way the system is built now, but you want to change it.

I just want to add some logic to this numbers. That’s unfair that some afk farm will lose exactly the same SR

The game isn’t lost until it’s lost.

Stat-padding encourages someone to give-up early in order to mitigate what they think is a loss.

The fact that you believe a game is lost is exactly why many players realized it’s not suitable for a try-hard mode. But it’s still available in Plat and under, so you’re asking for something that already exists.

1 Like

What do you mean? He was discussing about the ultimate situation where it’s whichever team has the most ultimates just wins the fight.

There is no back and forth. There is no ult management. You know what ultimates in the game provide that? Defensive ultimates. When you completely delete a defensive ultimate and don’t replace it with another it’s going to throw the balance of the game off. Which is what we are seeing with the deletion of Resurrect as an ultimate. It’s just an onslaught of ultimates and nobody cares to check what the enemy team has and you pray that if you dump as many ultimates into the fight as you can that you will win.

i enjoyed every bit of that video, wouldn’t have known about it if i didn’t see this post since i lowkey hate him

very good points

NO player should EVER get special treatment by the developers of a videogame.

i dont want 1trick noobs to balance the game, i want people who know everything about it do it.

1 Like

So not Seagull then.

I’ll take OW over TF2.5 any day though, there’s so much more to it.

1 Like

Agreed, barring TF2 and OW there’s nothing similar out there. So we gotta choose between the trash which smells a bit better than the other.

If you actually listened to Seagull’s most recent video, he said that he does not want to give requests on how to better design the game as he is not a game developer. He is a gamer who plays the games. He only gives his opinions

more accurately it was that he’s been told by all the game devs he knows that they prefer feedback along the lines of “this is how this mechanic makes me feel” instead of “I hate this, so do this”

(just trying to help)

1 Like

Q+A. I swear, this is the way to fix this. Have them sit down with members of the community, sit down, open answers in a Q+A.

This at least gives people an idea of WHAT is going on, and if they have plans to address things like What seagull brought up.

But Blizzard has been absolutely horrible at having a conversation with its community. I’m not talking communication: which has been one way. But a back and forth to discuss things.

Overwatch will not survive if they don’t start doing that. Frankly, There are games that have gotten a lot better over time due to community interaction (rainbow six siege, Fortnite), and they need to learn the lesson before someone else comes and dethrones them. Because frankly, OW is vulnerable.

1 Like