Blizzard Lost Connection & I got suspended for an hour

Blizzard lost connection and I was in competitive. Now I have been suspended for an hour+. Please take note of this as it was not intentional and please fix your damn server. This was the 3rd time I have encountered this issue and I was playing rank and probably my rank will be affected due to all these losses. It’s seriously frustrating AF

Despite servers having a rocky launch with the release of Overwatch 2, they have now settled down much more.

There is still a probability that this server disconnection was caused on the back-end. However, almost everyones internet disconnects once in a while. Mine does it, my friend’s does it.

Ensure your internet connection is as efficient as possible, such as using ethernet rather than wireless connection, and by often resetting your router maybe about once a month to make sure it isn’t flooded with information, or ensuring it’s bandwidth isn’t being used up elsewhere.

I suggest submitting a ticket with Blizzard support, as they will have better answers than I do. And there is a chance of being compensated if there is evidence of it being a back-end problem.

Hope for the best,

Cheers.

Yes all of the solutions you have suggested I have done them all. I disconnected together at the same time with one of my party member as well so it’s very unlikely to be our connection issues. I hope we will be compensated although the current problem is we get suspended for an hour. I hope my account won’t get banned due to this server issue. I have been playing overwatch for years and this is the first time I get so frustrated.

Anyways, Thanks.

Quick question, are you playing on console? There’s been a lot of forum threads about LC-208 and console server disconnections. If that is the case, then it is almost definitely an issue with Blizzard’s end. In the meantime, it might be best to stray away from competitive mode.

Nope. I’m playing on my PC. Yeah I thought it was solved since I haven’t encountered it for days since the last lost connection from last week so we decided to grind for the competitive ranks. But yeah, I guess it’s not solved yet :joy:

After OW2 release I met a problem that sometimes my ping dramatically increasing from like 33 to the sky (150-300-1000+). Never saw that in OW1. What’s the matter? My connection is always stable. Lost a lot of games because of that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.