Blizzard Listen To Me About Moira PLEASE!

-Both damage and healing orbs stay, they share the same 10s cooldown and work in the same way they do in the live game (numbers can be slightly reduced because of my next suggestion).

NEW ABILITY:

-Moira can now combine her damage and healing orbs in one pressing R, making one smaller yellow/purple orb, after the short animation the orb is fired as a projectile and has two uses:

-If you hit the enemy, deal 50 damage and reduce the damage they do by 30% for 3s.

-If you hit the ally, heal them for a burst of 150 and additional 50 over 2s.

-If you use the R orb cooldown is increased to 13-14 seconds.

4 Likes

Why should it be 10 seconds? It’s currently 8.

So basically adding 2 new abilities.
Moira will have a total of 5 possible abilities.

Not sure about this. And it adds more complexity than necessary imo.

4 Likes

Think the values might need to be tweaked a bit, but this is a great idea. Would love to see how this played in the game!

I felt that Necro’s long cooldown was a big reason Necro Moira was boring; not only is it less fun in general sitting around for long CD abilities to come back up, but Moira just isn’t as much fun when she’s got nothing but LMB and RMB to use.

So I’d rather stick with bog standard, 8s orb Moira in OW2, because the proposal in the OP would probably fall into the same trap imo.

5 Likes

I dunno about the numbers, but this adds the skill shot into her kit, and adds the enfeeble utility into her kit. Also it sounds like using this will also trigger the cooldowns on her healing and damage orbs, so it’s a choice to use the straight fire enfeeble ball when needed (like a sleep dart) because she won’t have her usual bouncy ball tools until it’s over.

I personally like it. And it’s not even hard to imagine, like… it’s an addition to her kit, which was all we wanted anyway.

All the need to do is add a lesser necro ability to damage orb. None of this “compensation” nerf crap.

I think Moira needs another ability but it needs to be utility. Not what is basically another form of damage/healing orb.

Design philosophy 101: simpler is better.

This is far too complex, I like the ideas but if I were in the game design brainstorming room I’d scrap this one.

maybe it should just be a very small AoE and always do both, kinda like ana nade. Id probably drop that 150 burst heal down tho to more like 75. 150 is a lot

not sure about the R button but I like the idea of a third orb, possibly melee is a better option since you can’t do a melee hit when sitting at the orb selection screen, call it utility orb or something

thing is, all 3 would share a cooldown and that’s where it gets tricky… if anything, from this iteration I loved the fact that you were able to throw both orbs in a fight, perhaps we could have a cooldown for each orb and lower the duration time for each

I do think Moira should have healing enhancing for sure

ooh just imagine the animation, when you press the melee hit button she crosses her arms forming an X in your screen, as if she merged both orbs before letting it go

idk damage and heal orb share a cooldown now, and considering its “combining” the heal and damage orb it makes sense that they would need to be off cooldown just make it “E to open orb menu → left click for heal orb/ right click for damage orb/ R or melee or whatever for new orb”

yeah but what if heal and dmg orb had their own separate cds but when you use utility orb (name pending) both skills enter cooldown?

furthermore, you’d need to have both cds up in order to use utility orb which sounds cumbersome but maybe we could have a mechanic to lower their cooldown, say you get 1s off for each person you hit and since it’s an AoE you could hit both allies and enemies at the same time effectively lowering your cooldown close to 0 under the right circumstances

be cool for an experimental if they will still have those in overwatch 2.

i wonder if they will have experimentals?

2 Likes

Probably will. They even said in an interview I think it was that they are more likely to do big/wacky balance changes to heroes between seasons to make each season feel fresh

Merge two balls into a mega ball. Understood. It should be something like this -

I would like two new mechanics for this balls :-

• Manually control this balls in our LOS for a limited time until it explodes.
  • Explodes the balls anytime by clicking on “E”.