Blizzard is lying to us, yet again

Don’t forget the lube.

Lol. Ok. McCree has one of the worst ults in the game.

It’s great on paper but in actual games it’s main value is for zoning, reloading, or catching a careless pharmercy in air.

I’d take Valk in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

That’s why Mccrees don’t use their ult in plane sight … but disengage, HIDE preferably behind enemy lines and then ULT.

See what I did there?
HIDE.
and
ULT.
It’s true. Shocking, I know.

And guess, how you can counter that.
With teamplay.
Like stuns.
Being aware of your surroundings.

Just like the original Mercy ul…
Shocking, I know.

4 Likes

Considering they’ve told me that sarcasm is actually a bannable offense (true story) … and I am not talking about sarcasm that contains insults or any kind of bad words … I am not surprised.

Well, Blizzard and the word “truth” don’t go hand in hand very often these days. Or “reading”. Especially not “reading your responses daily”. Or “care about your feedback”. Come to think of it, “feedback” and “care” might actually be Blizzard’s worst enemies right now.

(Hey, I am taking a risk here. Using sarcasm AND “Blizzard” in the same post … :sweat::sweat_drops: See how I am sweating here?)

2 Likes

The mega thread was for the current iteration of Mercy.

We now know there’s a change coming, so the debating the current iteration is largely irrelevant.

Honestly, it’s what anyone would do. Blizzard isn’t some evil devil trying to hide everything here.

1 Like

All the ones they already ‘balanced’ for starters.

They didn’t really lie. I mean, Blizzard only cares about DPS and damages in general.
And not only in Overwatch.

~ an ex-Mercy player, exhausted and defeated, now using Moira

3 Likes

Unpinned =/= lying:ignoring:anything negative

Calm yo self

2 Likes

Unpinned = lying/ignoring since they ignored our feedback, lied to us that the thread will be of great help for them to balance when they did nothing of it. Now they unpinned it without any official call out

3 Likes

So which feedback have they ignored? Got any proof of anything you’re saying or just spouting off ignorance because you’re miffed?

I settle on the latter.

Notice how Mercy was the only hero who had a linked mega thread? Notice how no other mega threads are linked?

Perhaps Blizzard did take feedback into consideration and are working on stuff as you make bold and arrogant claims. You wouldn’t even know. Stop acting so entitled and keep leaving feedback on the mega thread, after all, it might be unpinned but it’s not dead.

1 Like

Ok so because you are not gm you can never do anything wrong and healing full hp tanks is what you are going to do and no loss can be your fault ever because you heal the tank that is already at full hp all game. Not sure I understand your argument.

1 Like

OW and MMORPG/MOBAS are comparable. OW is barely even an FPS, it is a MOBA in first person. Like 30% of the roster doesn’t even have guns lmao

Where exactly did I mention I or GM players are healing tanks even if they are full and so on? Whats your point, I cant see it lul.

1 Like

All mercy players in plat do this.

Lul lets make resurrect with 9-13 (depends on class(not sure about the values I know only priest’s cast time is 9.75 sec)) sec cast time cuz thats how it is in WoW

1 Like

I mean, playing Mercy it’s like playing a russian roulette: if you are good enought and the enemy team is made of pheasants you can play her, but if they know how to counter you, you should switch. And if you one trick only Mercy and you don’t know how to play other heroes you will have a lot of problems.

Hal had many smurfs, he has a main account, then HalCapone (now deleted), then Prontooooo, and now made another one called HalBaretto.
That’s why he said “i’ll break you” to OTP Mercy, because there are many ways to counter her. Mercy can’t be meta forever, that’s why the dev team buffed Lucio, Ana and Moira: to shift meta again.

Think i prefer 10000 times to have a Lucio, a Moira or a Zen in my team rather than a Mercy, because i know if i stay near them i will get healing most of the time, instead of waiting the Mercy to pocket me. Also Lucio has the big advantage of the AoE healing, that is fundamental for KotH maps

Mercy’s far more popular. That’s why the Mercy MegaThread was the only MegaThread that was pinned. However, feedback regarding d.Va, Mei, Bastion, and God knows who else has been completely ignored in the past, just like with Mercy.

It seems that the people posting here are very passionate and care about the development of this game. From the level of developer involvement within the forums, one can surmise that they do understand this.

Blizzard will likely not be so transparent as to give a direct response to every thread, or a reason for unpinning a thread. That is their prerogative, as they have a business to run, and must be efficient in their duties.

In terms of the forums “negotiating power”, in this business structure, it’s probably wise to assume that we have a somewhat small voice. With that assumption in mind, I wonder how we should use that small voice?

“How should we?” is a loaded question, to be sure. Are they likely to respond in the way that you want when we use inflammatory language to get our point across? Using a small voice to call someone a liar at the start of a conversation may not elicite any sort of response that may actually help you. Speaking poorly of the people who work to keep this game running is likely to be met with calm dismissal.

Perhaps, if someone wants a mega-thread to be stable, the ones posting it should speak in a way that generates a positive perception from Blizzard. In this way, one might consider that if the thread is not a boon for the forums, then it will not be pinned and can be subject to deletion.

Speak well of those you speak to and you might actually get what you want.

3 Likes

Locking this topic as posting about moderator actions is against the forum guidelines. Users who don’t refrain from this activity risk temporary account suspension. There’s always a reason behind our moderators’ decisions.

Thank you.

4 Likes