Blizzard is Apparently Considering Splitting Comp into Two Playlists

If this stops people from making 300,000 posts on why role que is bad then I welcome this.

Almost as if Jeff told us they were discussing it 3 weeks ago.

Sorry to be blunt mate but if you think 222 main reason was to end GOATS, you havenā€™t been paying attention.
222 was there to introduce Role Queue, and to solve 1-2 problems ā€¦ the issue is that it created 3-4 in return.

1 Like

If it brings players back, then it doesnā€™t matter about splitting it. Thereā€™s very clearly a split in the base already.

The competitive population is big enough overall to afford it. When they talked about splitting population before it was about Arcades which are a small subset to start with.

1 Like

GOATS was THE biggest reason Role Queue was introduce. Saying otherwise is incorrect. Yes, improving the gameplay experience was important and stopping the whole ā€œrole hostageā€, but GOATS plaguing OWL and even on ladder (not so much Diamond and below, but it still happened) was one of the main reasons. The problem was that they didnā€™t fix certain changes they made to characters with the idea of beating GOATS (which it didnā€™t) People were asking for Role Queue long before we started seeing GOATS because we were playing a game that had so much friction just on the hero select screen, but we didnā€™t get it until GOATS started showing its immortality.

No matter what nerfs were made to the heroes in the GOATS comp or whatever buffs were made to other heroes in order to combat it, GOATS was always the best comp with no peer. Thatā€™s why RQ was finally considered by the team.

1 Like

please, this is the best thing to happen in OW since Surf and Splash Tƶrbjorn!

1 Like

I like this. More comp points :blush:

I loved open queue, but the lack of players is just going to be a problem. It might be better in the main competitive tab, but idkā€¦

1 Like

This seems like a very good idea.

1 Like

HALLELUJAH zxcxzczczxc

I donā€™t see why this wasnā€™t added yet. Just by being in the arcade, it brought back people.

Plus, itā€™s always better to have more options to play differently.

1 Like

Eh Naeri I would honestly trust, they consistently leak stuff that ends up happening all the dang time

There arenā€™t enough people playing the game to run 222 while open is also running. There arenā€™t enough people playing the game to run 222 as it is.

I used to be a big fan of 222. At the time it was announced I was so sick of solo tanking that I just stopped playing until RQ was released. And when it was, OW was awesome. For a while.

But these days there is no mode I can play and be matched with people of my skill level. Iā€™m either thrown in with too wide a range of players in QP, or Iā€™m thrown in games with de-rankers in competitive. I think there just arenā€™t enough people still playing the game to match real games anymore.

So, if dropping RQ will bring people back to the game, then so be it. Not sure Iā€™ll come back for that, but they need to do something.

I think the biggest problem with player numbers, though, is that theyā€™ve abandoned bronze competitive to de-rankers. Thereā€™s no place for new players to go to ā€œgit gudā€, so they get frustrated and leave.

Wanna fix the queues? Wanna have enough people playing the game so you can have two queues? Then fix bronze competitive so that you have a stream of new players gitting gud and moving up the ranks.

1 Like

Lol, well, I might queue open comp as and only go dps like 90% of the people used to do, but stick to support/tank in an actual attempt to climb with 2/2/2.

Oh yeah that certainly wont hurt queue times even further at all.

It might mess with match quality, but soaking up a bunch of DPS, for the cost of very few Tanks, is probably a good thing.

1 Like

i think it will help it. dps will go to comp classic and most tanks and supports that i spoke with will stay in 2-2-2.

If the majority of players which move on to open queue are dps, it will be a glorified quickplay+ mode.
Having no tanks was already bad when it was the only comp mode, but now having any hope for a functional comp if thats the case will be pointless.
If its an even split of roles, then queue times will go through the roof and everyone has to wait longer for a game. Either way, i think it can only hurt the game.

If that happens might was well play quickplay, lol.

How is it a failed experiment when the general majority favored it among the polls? Not having 2-2-2 in the first place was the failed experiment tbh.

4 Likes

Doesnā€™t have to have a point. Just be a DPS player sponge until they figure something better to fix queue times.