Not Receiving OWL Tokens

Do you have any adblockers?

yes and i disabled for https://overwatchleague.com/ only, but i just noticed you suggested completely disabling it in one of the earlier posts. really hope i dont have to turn off my adblocker completely for all sites just to get tokens but i will give it a try for next time.

I just leave it open on my phone and have got 15 tokens from doing that.

Good morning. Couldn’t find an email contact to send a message to so.As a big OWL fan I was very excited about the tokens drops coming back. I made sure I was on the blizzard.com websitewatching the matches but of course because a tidal wave of people are all trying to do this. I didn’t getcredit for the first4-5 hours of the NA region matches on5/22

I haven’t watched if I received mine but if you tell many people received their token but not you, maybe you are the one at fault and not Blizzard ? :roll_eyes:

There is not much for me to go off of initially for your specific case, have you worked through this troubleshooting guide yet?

I solved my issues by going to my account on blizzard.com

I then went to connections and scrolled down. Next I removed the “overwatch League page” permissions. Then I went back to overwatchleague.com and re-logged in and it worked after an hour.

3 Likes

Tokens working like clockwork since some hiccups yesterday. Have gotten 20 tokens since 4 AM (it’s almost 9 AM). Got most of my tokens yesterday, might have been shorted 5 but no biggie. Have gone from 809 to 859 since tokens came back.

Thanks for the tip, I’m trying it. I still hadn’t got any tokens regardless of whether I use Edge or Opera, disabling adblockers etc. etc. Maybe this’ll tease out the elusive blighters!

Time to set the stopwatch for an hour.

1 Like

In the US, watching on the current Firefox patch. First round of matches didn’t get any tokens. Looked into the trouble shooting, made sure I was logged into both Overwatch league and battle net, Turned off Adblock, deleted and re did connection for Overwatch league on battle net, made sure everything was connected and authorized and yes I am watching in on the website homepage not YouTube. I know I am connected still because I got the free 100 tokens at the start of May.

Watched all the second round of match’s and still nothing. I am hoping someone will please fix this because I have been stuck with 80 tokens sense last year. Really wish they had stayed with twitch over YouTube.

5 Likes

So I started off watching the games on Chrome (have a Mac), logged in and with my account connected, yesterday. After watching the first two and a half games, I decided to check my tokens in my game and realized I had not earned any. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting my account, and then was unable to log in to the website on Chrome. Instead, the page just kept refreshing with me still logged out. I also cleared my cookies, like what was suggested, and have had ad blocker turned off; and yet it still shows me as being logged out on the OWL website but logged into my Blizzard account as of typing this.

I luckily was able to earn 10 tokens for two hours after watching the games on Microsoft edge through my Xbox (because for some reason watching the games through Overwatch just takes you to Youtube instead.).

This morning, I tried watching the games on Safari for the entire third match and once again, was given no tokens for my time. Really annoying that I received only 10 tokens after watching close to 8-9 hours of gameplay.

Someone said you get them after 48 hours, but I have no idea where that got that information from. At this point, I don’t know what to do outside of just watching the games on my xbox.

2 Likes

probably you arent in one of the very few eligable countries.im not either. i was rlly pissed when i found out

I’m in the United States. Never had these issues during Season 1 or 2, and if I did; I was able to resolve it quickly with either a page refresh or disconnecting and reconnecting my accounts.

3 Likes

happy for you!

incredibly sad for myself

1 Like

I connected my Blizz account to Twitch ONCE. Never had a problem getting tokens in S1 and S2. Now I’m jumping through hoops and leaving my PC vulnerable to see if this works because YT can’t be bothered to implement drops and Blizz had to do some work around through the OWL website to track our watch time using some adware tracker that does not like ad-blockers.

5 Likes

Drops work for me and I use U-Block Origin and it’s on. (Google Chrome)

Well lucky you. I followed all the troubleshooting steps including the “switch to Chrome and disable ad blocker for EVERY site” commendation from the main thread and nothing.

1 Like

I watched all day yesterday on my browser and at first I was receiving tokens. After ten tokens, they stopped appearing. So I conclude that the above troubleshooting does not apply to me since it worked initially. I kept refreshing the browser window but it fixed nothing. I gave in and started watching on the phone app instead, and tokens started appearing. I will respond again later to confirm whether or not I am receiving tokens today.

2 Likes

Thank you, this is matching up to similar reports I have seen to other users.

Good to hear.

What troubleshooting have you completed so far?

Please don’t hesitate to work through all troubleshooting steps in case it ever stops.

1 Like

Why do they do a time log for tokens. Just put out a code that expires in 24hrs. Stop trying to inflate your views with wonky mechanics and just opt out for something f like a code. It must be easier to do and it betters you’re reputation with your viewers.