Not Receiving OWL Tokens

It seems there’s a very long delay. It took me 4 hours of watching to get my first tokens but now they’re coming in consistently

2 Likes

No drops and have been watching since the beginning of the defiant/titan match. yes I am logged in. I have a message below the viewer window saying I am.

1 Like

received 25 so far so i know theyre working…im watching on the mobile app…ill try the OWL page tomorrow

My drops are catching up… I’ve gotten 20 tokens between 4:30 PM EST and just now. Been watching since 1:20 PM EST.

This doesnt work. Ive refreshed but nope

I will go ahead and post the full troubleshooting here that comes from my guide. Please let me know if this helps any of you or not.

Also please everyone, double check your permissions for the OverwatchLeague.com site in your permissions profile on your Blizzard account at account.blizzard.com.

I believe that you must approve the following permissions.

• Your Blizzard Account ID and BattleTag
  • General account data such as your name, BattleTag, email, and contact information
  • Your Battle.net Account Identity
3 Likes

Yup. Been watching and doing everything you’ve said all day long and nothing.

Cannot believe I have not received a single drop.

3 Likes

The first 3 drops I received instantly.

Now they suddenly stopped coming in :woman_shrugging:

I’ve been watching since the games started. First on PC (Windows 10 Pro) and now on Android (Version 10 for Galaxy Note 9). I’d been watching on my PC on Chrome and later Firefox (both updated to the current version). I’m watching on the Overwatch League app on my phone right now. I am in Texas, USA.

I watched for about five hours on my PC without getting drops. I confirmed that I was logged in. Notifications aren’t blocked. No ad blockers. The tab isn’t muted (neither is the video itself, I’ve actually been watching the games lol). I’ve been watching on my phone over the last two hours or so. I made sure to log out and log back in several times and refreshed the video many times. I made sure the site and app properly had my account permissions.

Anyhow, I’ve been watching for just under eight hours now, right when the games started, and haven’t received a single token.

7 Likes

Do you get tokens if you watch on the Live Youtube video instead of the video on the Overwatch League website? or you get drops only by watching OWL website?

1 Like

You have to watch on the OWL website.

This post is my biggest hint that this is just borked on the back end and all this troubleshooting will not solve anything.

This is my first time trying to actual view an OWL match this season and wow YT Gaming is absolute garbage compared to Twitch. No notifications, “theater mode” puts the chat below the stream so you can’t view both at once.

The video quality is also absolute garbage when trying to watch on the official OWL website. No, it’s not my internet I can stream everything else just fine.

What a HUGE mistake.

4 Likes

Well, I don’t know what I did differently but I did, at last, receive a drop. Perhaps the rest will come later and it’s just delayed. If not, I’ll just assume some kinks are being ironed out. I just didn’t know if I was doing something wrong but apparently not.

Thank you! The permissions were the problem. I had them disabled.

make sure to allow all permissions.

Just as an update onto this thread, if you use an adblocker of any sorts, consider disabling it ENTIRELY (don’t just give OverwatchLeague.com an exemption). Apologies about this late tip (considering the last match will end any moment), but I am working with Blizzard to try and help as many as I can here. Your patience has been greatly appreciated.

What are permissions?? I don’t see it anywhere on my account.

Here is the precise link to get to your connections and permissions page:

https://account.blizzard.com/connections#authorized-applications

If any of these are missing in the Overwatch League Page (not to be confused with the app or the old League Picks) listing, revoke the permission entirely, then go back to OverwatchLeague.com, sign back in and enable all permissions:

• Your Blizzard Account ID and BattleTag
  • General account data such as your name, BattleTag, email, and contact information
  • Your Battle.net Account Identity
1 Like

Thank you Wyoming! You’re the best my friend.

But yes, it’s all enabled there and still yet to receive anything. Crazy because I received all drops in the past.