Blizzard hypocrisy. Saying Gameplay Sabotage is not allowed

Having an ALT to practise heroes you have never played isnt gameplay sabotage either

10 Likes

Using a new account to manipulate placement = cheating = gameplay sabotage.

23 Likes

Also equals this Ratio

1 Like

DUDE.
Its not manipulating if gold is legit the highest you can get going 3-2

4 Likes

All these excuses to defend smurfing.

2 Likes

No it is not according to Blizzard dood

11 Likes

Im not defending smurfing. I hate smurfs as much as the next guy, but if theyre actually playing to win and get unlucky placements, you cant report them

No it isn’t lmao

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:K man

Blizzard shows their hypocrisy, just ignoring the sabotage smurfing inherently causes. Their matchmaker is absolute trash and they claim it places people correctly? Absolute lies.

1 Like

Just imagine a few stars under a smurf’s portrait, there, all magically better? :grin:

4 Likes

smurfing IS gameplay sabotage but most ppl think smurf = low level player

a smurf is someone is purposely remains in a low rank either by throwing games so they can stomp other players, THAT is gameplay sabotage

12 Likes

I always felt like that—in and of itself—is a problem in terms of game design? If you need to make a separate account in order to play a different hero, that sounds like a poorly done game element?

I mean, games like Apex Legends, League of Legends, and even Valorant allow for players to play multiple characters without the need of a separate account, how come Overwatch is the exception (and not in the good way)?

3 Likes

If the match maker sorts new accounts very quickly, why do unranked to gm streams nearly always start in gold? The match maker should have already determined these players are, bare minimum, diamond.

Just another statement filled with empty meaning.

5 Likes

Just report it as gameplay sabotage. It’s an automated system that is in control of the players.

3 Likes

Idk how the matchmaker code works :man_shrugging:

I’m just defending against the stupid idea that “you shouldn’t ever buy a 2nd copy of a game”

1 Like

This is the reason why we dont have a reliable system.
People just reporting for barely nothing wrong makes the system overwhelmed and throws false bans

An alt account can be reported for gameplay sabotage if they are boosting or cheating. Keep in mind not every alt account is a smurf account

The automated report system is inherently flawed by relying on the players instead of moderators verifying rules have been broken.

1 Like

honestly i had a match with someone who was either a smurf or a hacker as there aim was way to good for a noob like they wasnt even rank 10 they was like a 6

Well, I hope you don’t actually complain about anything they do then. Not to mention the huge CoC paragraph explicitly telling that the community will regulate itself with verification from the gamemasters.