Blizzard have to do something with smurfs accounts, leavers and throwers, they aren't drastic enough

Overwatch have the worst and most unfair ranked system of every online game i ever play. It have many issues that make the game experience very unfair for everyone.
For example
Smurfs: bought a new account, get into bronze bc sr system is trash and make matches for low tier players a hell.
Leavers: they ruin matches and blizzard doesn’t penalize them how they should, leavers need to be banned for 1 entire day, lose a considerable amount of sr and all endorsement levels.
Throwers: you cant report them bc overwatch report system is trash and if you try to report them, the affected gonna be bc you can be reported for abusing the report system that never works.

Blizzard need to correct all their game issues before adding more trash content like unbalanced heroes, unnecessary nerfs and buffs like moira and devs poor opinions justifying the change, the same events every year, etc

2 Likes

There isnt a competitive game in the world that doesnt have smurfs

You think a 24 hour suspension is reasonable for a person’s first DC? If your internet happens to go out at some point, you think its fair to not be able to play comp for the rest of the day because of a once-every-couple-of-months accident?

How would throwers be reporting you for abusing the report system, unless youre openly telling them that youre reporting?

Hi love,
I have dealt with smurfs during my rank grind, and I have a few words for you that may help you look at it differently.
I stopped playing Overwatch around a year and a half ago, I was a console player, a t500 Mercy main.
I came back to Overwatch around a year ago, and picked it up on PC this time around, and I placed Bronze (Due to not playing the game for a LONG time)
I started to get better, but Bronze is an Elo where smurfs want to be, they get to start a ton of stuff with lower ranked players.
So one day I added I decided to record my ranked matches, and I noticed a TON of different things wrong!
To make a super long story short, play as if you’re a smurf, and you’ll climb.
Adapt the mindset, I’d hate to say that Smurfing isn’t a ‘‘Problem’’ but you can for sure learn a ton of cool tech, positioning, etc, from these smurf players in your every day games.
Also, please do remember, that for every smurf you vs, you’re bound to get one on your team too, you’re the only common factor within your games, so try and better yourself, and things will come more naturally.

I havnt seen a smurf in a while …or one that caused me grief or a loss. Saw some on day 2-3 this season but none since but i just realized this.

Some seasons i dont play and some seasons i play way too much. So this is coming from a guy that plays at least 3-400 matches (at least) per season when i do play.

Ill be back if my knock on wood didnt work.

Ps. Just to highlight which elo etc

On 3 alts

One was from 2560-3006 so far about 30 hours

My other 2 about 15 hours each so far

1. 2300-2670
  2. 2200-2733

Based on the latest from Jeff Kaplan, he said they’ve been watching bad actors very closely, and the will be breaking out the ban hammer in earnest.

“We have lots of ways of knowing if you’re doing things you shouldn’t be doing, and we actually have a full group ready to go to very actively and aggressively take action on people who are deliberately throwing outside their role.” – Jeff Kaplan (11:43 - 12:01)

“The Ban Hammer is prepped on this one because we’re not dumb and we know what certain player behaviors are going to be.”

1 Like