Blizzard Hates Mercy, she will never get a buff and Mercy mains need to accept that

I ended up messing up the tenses for that reply.

This is my correct answer. Sorry for the mistake.

Sure, wisdom is good but if you’re already knowledgable and overall make good decisions in matches already, there’s no real need for you to be a die-hard player of 5 years or something. The amount of knowledge and skill that pros have make them good players to ask about balance.

Edit:

Ryan found it for me.

So they did attempt it. Guess I should change my reply then.

The developers have tried to remove 2CP and replace it with 3CP.

Sees signature hero is Mercy, yeah it checks up.

He never said remove until rework, he said remove and provided no feedback on it whatsoever.

You are welcome to do that anytime.

None of those things imply anger. Though I’m not surprised you can’t tell the difference.

The person I was replying to said that they had implemented it in game which is not true.

1 Like

no it did. They only nerfed it because they wanted other supports like Ana to shine - but now with Ana’s 100% pick rate I think maybe they’ve tipped the balance way too far by nerfing mercy into the ground and while at the same time buffing Ana

Also mercy had 60hps since ana’s launch as a character and for the whole of overwatch until 2018. Even then they only reverted it because of the fact they wanted other main healers to shine after the toxicity and notoriety of the moth meta

THIS SUGGESTS that 60hps DID WORK and was in fact the MAGIC NUMBER

you’re just too ignorant to see it

6 Likes

Let’s not confused apathy for disdain.

Blizz does not care for Mercy, that is very different than hatred.

Eh, no I didn’t? I said they attempted it.

If I actually said that they implemented it, it would still be in the game rofl? Where does it say here that they “implemented it”. The context is pretty obvious here.

Being skilled at something doesn’t mean that you understand how things work and the opposite is also true, a person can understand a lot about the game but not have high skill. I can’t count how many times I’ve seen professional players say stupid things, and also how much their own biases show very often. Just to be clear I’m not saying all of them are this way, but arguing that all of them have what it takes to be taken seriously would also be mistaken. The person I was arguing with about this is going by the fact that a player said something, and according to them that automatically makes it objective, which it isn’t.

2 Likes

You might not agree that she needs a buff but for anybody who does it’s going to be frustrating when the devs refuse to say why they won’t acknowledge the buff.

Is she?

The whole point of this post was telling Mercy mains who hadn’t moved on to move on.

That’s all that a majority of Mercy mains are advocating for. Apart from the odd nut who want ‘60HPS’ so mercy can rule the Meta again.

1 Like

We still see threads asking for mass rez to come back often, there is no strawman here, learn what the word means before using it please.

You said that, and since I was talking about the live game it is implied that you are talking about the live game, if you weren’t then you should’ve made the observation that you were talking about something else.

1 Like

Yes put professional esports players are both skilful and knowledgable. I’m not saying they’re just one or the other. It’s not mutually exclusive.

This is true but this doesn’t discredit the overall notion that professional players are skilful and know a lot about their respective games. It’s just a few rotten apples saying dumb things (usually for clout as well).

Definitely. There have been multiple cases where certain pros can’t be taken seriously (xQc). But in this context, NeptuNo and most other other pros can be taken seriously since most of their feedback and balance opinions have been grounded in logic and fact - not hyperboles.

Sure they might not HATE her, but ignoring the problem gives the same effect as hating her

1 Like

Everything you said is wrong and it show how biased you are.

2 Likes

I don’t really think it is. you sound like an angry child. did you read my post properly?

Because remove 2cp is an intelligent feedback to make? Sorry but I have yet to see anything coming from him that is actually valuable feedback other than his own opinion. We can’t just say that the opinion of someone can be taken seriosuly “just because”.

1 Like

What? I’m talking about this single thread? No one was talking about mass Res until you randomly just decided to bring it up and tried to use that to discredit Mercy player’s feedback. That’s a strawman.

Um, you weren’t really talking about anything specific? If anything, since Jeff’s quote confirms that they attempted it and you clearly knew that quote, it would make the context of my reply even clearer. Again, it’s obvious that I was referring to the fact that Blizzard attempted to turn 2CP into 3CP.

Resorting to insults already, not surprised. I did read your post and it all stinks of bias.

2 Likes

Like I said, he could just be referencing Jeff’s own proposals for the mode.

Another strawman… literally no one is saying this.

1 Like

Sure, but just like them I’m expressing my opinion on the matter nothing else, I just find it ironic how most people can’t handle when their own opinion is challenged by someone who thinks differently and proceed to attack them.

Yes she is.

It’s more complicated than that. That is not what the post is doing fundamentally, they are saying that “Blizzard hates Mercy” that is just an inflammatory statement to make without any base.

If people are making so much trouble jkust for 5hps then omg… it’s just ridiculous to me, but to each their own. I honestly don’t think that is what they want based on their posts but that’s just my opinion.

1 Like

No you are mistaken and allowing your own bias to derail the discussion. I brought up a topic that is perfectly relevant to the conversation, just because you don’t want it to be, doesn’t mean that it ain’t.

If I’m talking about apples and you reply to my argument about apples I will assume that we are still talking about apples unless otherwise stated. You failed to make that clarification.

That is an assumption, we don’t assume things. If you say “remove 2cp” that is what you are stating, we won’t try to interpret the fact that you might be talking about something else, we don’t read minds.

Again, learn what the word means before using it, I know it sounds fancy and makes you look smart but you are using it wrong in an attempt to diminish my argument because you don’t like it or agree on it. You are welcome to disagree with me and express it, but don’t resort to use that word when you don’t even know how to use it.

2 Likes