Blizzard has many roles wrong

Where does that put bastion?

How is Widow a support???

Also Sombra could be considered a Utility support but with 222 you can’t have a healer who can’t heal at all, and hacked healthpacks don’t count. Also Sombra being a support just sounds stupid

I can see mei as a tank and sombra as a support.

as for widowmaker, we already have a support sniper =p.

Winston and Hammond are essentially flanker tanks.

I actually really want a flanking support, someone who instead of healing their team directly, debuffs enemy damage output to begin with, or causes a reverse bleed effect. Maybe placing some healing stations around the map as they flank.

Yes
?? :face_with_monocle:
I wish

yes.
no.
no.

no.

I dont know about that chief.

Seeing everyone going ??? at Widowmaker as a Support has me going “y’all never played TF2”

Support=/= healing.

:alien:⟟⏁⋉⟒⋔⍜⊑ :alien: ⍀⏃⏁⏃⌿⏃⍀⏃⟒ ”

S̶̨̢̧̡̢̡̧̛̛̩̯̹̲͔͎̭̪̼̰̣̲̦͉̳̼͇̟̹͕̮͇̜͚͚͇̗̺̜̭͈͙̮͈̤͈̦̖̘̙̜̻̟̦̯̼͍̝̗̘̥̜͕̣̻̘̻͚̠̬͍͈͚̪̠̻̫͓͔̦̳̺͕͙̻͔̮͎̣̭̱̫̜̠̫̲͙͎̮̹̦̺͖͎̬̥͖̲͙͙̪̲̝͇̗̰̬͓̤͚̪͕̮͇̰̩͇͕̯͔̦̼̼͚͓̮͙͓̻̫̝̯̪̤̖͕͚̈͋͂͋̒̃̋͒̋̈̍̏̃̅̇̈́̎̾̄̾̑̀́̈͊̾͒̈̿̽̚̕̚͘̕͜͜͜ͅͅͅͅͅä̶̢̧̧̧̡̡̨̡̨̡̧̢̡̧̨̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̗͇̮̱̳̤̩̘̪̯̪̝̝̜̫̮̠̰͖̲̰͈̠̝̰̺͖͖͇̦̗̤̠̦̤̮̹̪͖̖̦̝̙̼̦͕̳͈̥̝̰̭̤̫̗̰̟̭̬̤̱͚̤̦̺̻̼̤̬̹̼̣͖͓̞̦͙̟̳̼̪͎̤̺̩̳͚̩̳̣́̽̏͊̀͑͛͋͂̈͌̀̎͑̆̐͂̾̆͛̄̄̾̐̽̋̊͑̀͒̌̉̾̿̓͌́̀͌̅̎̐́̍̊̔̏͌̔̿̍̀͒̀́͛͛́̊͆̀̏̒̔́̇́̉̑̐̏̾͗̏̇͛̂͌̉̈́̏̓͑̐̾̌̈́̈̍̀̐͌̔̋̾̓̍͋̽͗̓̊̈́̽̇̍̌͆͑͗͐͆͋̓̈́̓̃͋̂̈̓́̍̏͐̽͂̏̊̿̓̄̈̈̓̒̈͑̑̃̈́̎̓́̿͐̊̃̋̏̂̌̈̀̄̉́͒̒̽̋̃͌̊̎̓̉̑͂̊̐̀͒̀̓͛̐͂͋̂͌͂̈́͗͂̄̍̄͑̋̐̓̀͐̆͆͐͐̃͗̿̄̌̉͛̋̀̑͛͂̋̃̏̈́̆̄̈́̈́͐̎̅̿̏̔͒̃̓̉͐̇͐͂̈́̋̓̀͂͐̋̃͊̓̚̕̕̕̚̚̕̚̕̚̚̚͘͘̕̕̚͘̚̕̕͘͘̕̕͜͜͝͠͠͠͝͠͝͝͠͝͠͝͝͝͠͠ͅṃ̷̧̡̢̢̨̧̨̢̡̡̛̛̛̛̛̛̻̦̖̗͇̳͎͉̗̼̙̮͔̹̱̟͈̯̤̥͔̲̘̬̤͙͍̗̘͓̗̦͎͉̺̖̰̰̩͉̯͖͇̫͕͕͔͕͚̦̭̰̼̩̥͕̬͍̖̬̥̠̪̥͎̱͕̤͙̣̩̻̬̯̝̘͔̦͙͙͚̭̝̣̯͕͉͎͍̲̜̥̩̥̯̘̯̳̝͈̠̭̤̌͒̈́̐̉́̿̂̅͐̊͐͑̎͊̍̆̉̓̊̋͊̋̐̌̂̏̽̆̐̀͑̉̉̅̂͋̏̔̈́̈́͑̂̃͊̿̇̎̈̆̿͌͂͊͆̀͑͂̓̑̏̄́̔́̃̊̓͋̾̄̒͋͗͋͛͛͌͑͛̋̔̑̋͐̐͛̂͂̔͗̓̊̎̽̇̎́̇͋̓̈́͑̐̆͊̈́̈̓̅̃͆̈̎̑̌̾͛̏̍̃̒̀̂̔̽́̓̒̉͑̏̽̒͋̔͌͂͊͆̂͌́͌͐̔́̊̀̐̑̉͒̀̉͌̐̍̍̄͂̐̈́̾̊̀͂̔͂͗̈́̂͋͂̀̈́̌̆̈́̾̊̃͂̈́̓̾̈͗͑̋̾̇̈́̀͌͂̐̅̑̽̍̐͌͗̅̑̉̔̒͂͌̃͐̊̏͊͊̋̓̇͋͌̋̋̔̋̈́̾̀̌̄́̀̍̅́̏̐̓̐̃̾̾͗͊̍̔͂͑͐̎̽͘̕̚͘̕̕̚̕̚͘͘̚̚̕̕͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝ͅe̸̢̧̥̞͉͔̤̼̞̤̟̜͖̤̞̣͍̮͉̮̬̟̲͖̘̤̘̖͔̼̳̦̱͓̘̖̎͒̈́̈̊͛̑͐̿̒̿̎̽̋͋̐ͅ ̴̧̛̛̛̻͖̖̟̟͍̹̲̔́̍̈́́̋̃̆̎̏̂́̏̌̿͊̆͋́̔̊̽̔̑̒̑̽̀̓̌̑̾̈́̎̓͑͊̓͋̄͂̐̈́̆̓́̔̄͛̆̓͗̂͗͂͛́̄͂̋͛́̇̃͛̂̔͐̍̇̓̈̀͛͒̈̎͗̌̊̆͂̇̒͑̊͛̄̄̏̉̋́̏̀̅̂̿̓͆̀̇͋͛̈́̀̉̃͆̀̈́̂͌̌̎̈́̔̐̄͛̑͌͌̏̏͒̈́̀͆́̏̈̅̇̈́̐̐̒̅́̀̓͒͋̇̄̑̂͆̆̈́͑͊͋͛̒͋͛̋͒̀͆̇̑̂͊̊̿̐̀͐͑̒͗̉̈́̎̈̊̎̓̏̍̌͛̓̊͛̏̎͌͌͑̔̓̀̆̈̾̈͌̔̄̈̃̎͂̄̄̉̀̌̊̌́̀͂͊̓̄̀̓̌̄͌͆̀͐̊͂̄̄̾̈́̌̅̾̒̔͘͘͘̚̚̕͘̕͘̚̕͘͘͘̕̕̕̕͘͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͠͝͝ͅé̷̡̨̨̧̨̡̧̨̧̢̢̛̛͉̮̪͎̼͍̞̼͈͈̦̦̤̬̣̣͇͚̣͔͍̗̫͖͖̥͔̭̺̪͉̳̼̣͙̟̠̜̭̻̳̜̩̣̞̘̟͎͙͉̥̻͇̘͚̦͖̪͎͉͉̱̦̺̳̠̯̼̠̦̙̝͈̙̙̗̗̫̞͙͉̙̬͓̺̤͔̟͖̙͇̲̭̣̼̹̬̬̙̭̦̟̣̮̙̝͈̲̣͖̩̰̤̖͇̹̲̙͖̟̼̹͙̻̙̻̺͇̠͎͉͔͇͕̦̗͚̣̝͎̰͈̳̮̙̫͕͖̗̫̎͛̆̈͊̂̄̎̿̀͛̈́͂̑͗͑͗̈́̍́̀͒͆̾̄̾̔͊̔̈́̀̒̄̀̉̋̊̍͂̉̓̿̊͊̎͒͗͂͗̾̀́̃͌́̍́̽̔̀̾̌̐̐̿͌̄́͒͗̐͂͌̋̏̀̾̓̃̈̌̇́̅̄̓̊̀̃̓̔͛̌̊̎̇͂̈́͋̈̔͂̎̏̊͐̾́́͗̔̈́̔͊̇͂̌͗͆͛́̂̔̏̇͋̚̚̕̚͘̕͘̕̚͜͜͜͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͠͝͠͠͝͝͠͠͝͠͠͝ͅͅͅn̸̡̢̨̛̛̛͕̳̘̬͈̟̖͈͙̺̘̞̼͚̣͇̰͖̻͕͔͚͉͍͕͉̘̥͕͖̯̥͎̰̪̥̲̠̞̪̥̘̰̤̺̖͆͐̽̀́̓̆͂̇̑͋͗͗͒̆̄͑̽͗̄̏̿̈̽̌̒̌͒̓̒́̊̇̊̎͂̈͐͗̂̑͐̾̎̊̅̔̐̔̊̈́͊͆͊̐̐̽͒̉̓̇͛͛̉͆̌̂̅̔̍͌̇̑̊͌́̉̃͛͆̅̽̏̐̊̇̌̃͛̏̊̀̃̊̒̂̆̊̏̋͗̀̀̊͊͂̀̀̇̄́̀͊͛̈́̄͆͛̑͊̀̈́̎̓̏̿̐̈́͂̒͒́̔̄̌̃̐̒̐̔͗̓̏́͂̄͊̿͌̀̓͋̆̎͋̓̄̄͋̓̇̃͗͋̈̑̇̒̾̊͑̅̓̓̂͌͌͌͐̏̈́͌͆̆̿̂͐̔́̄͆̈́́̇̽́̍̇̇͐̄͌́̆̅͒̐̾͑̎̽̈́̄̔̆͊̉̌͛̊̔̈́͂̐̐̏̃̍̒̓̍̍̚̚̚̕̕͘̕̚̚̚̚̚͘̕̕͜͜͠͠͠͠͝͝͝͠͝͠͝͝͝͠͝ẻ̸̢̨̢̧̢̢̢̢̧̡̡̡̡̢̢̡̧̧̡̧̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̱͎̖͔̳͇̲̥͙̞͓͓̥̟̘̣̞͓̪̙̼̥͇̻̫̩̜̲͍̺͍̫̭̺̫̖͔̭͎̥̘̤̙̗͉̮̖̟̤̟͈̖̦͙̦̟̩͍̙͔̹̤̣͈̭̦̤̱̱̤͓̻̟̩͕̼͖̫͕̜̱̠̭̻̫͕̥̣̘̥͈͈͙̪̦͓͕̦̱̠̥͍̲̰͚̘͔̱̻͙͈͚̝͉̝̪̪͍̮̠͉͕̰̪̳̗̦̩̻̩͔̥̺͈̯̝͔̯̯̮͚͉͕̱̼̮̹̱͖̬͍̘͇̥̙̠̩́̽̆̀̊̉͆͆̾̔͒̅̅̈́̆́̏͋̃́̀̄̐̀̉́̀̊̌̓͐̄̋͊͋́̔̄͌͗̿͒̅͆̈́͊̾̈́̈́̀̈͗͋̋̈́͊͐͊̊̈̀͐͒̍̋͛̓̀̊̅̋̅͛̎͗̀̈́̔̀̎͛̂̂̋̑̌̄̐́̆̊̋̄̀͂̈́͗͂͐̄͐̃̏͛̈́̍̅̑͂̀̏͊̓͛͋͊̆̋͛͛̅̈́̄̎̈̓̈́̀͊͂͐͗̅͗̿́̌͒̓́̅̃̀͋̈́̎̈́͑͊̈́͛̔̿͆̒͂̐͋̊͛͊͋͊͗́͌̅͋̈́̀̈́͛̆͌̆̉̅͒̌̑̈̂͆͛̓̄̄̒̉͗̽͊̈̈̉̎͑̈́̽̊̀̑̽̓͂̊̐͋̈́̎̎͆̀͊̓́̕̕̕̕͘͘̚͘̚̕̕̕͘͘̚͘̕̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͠͝͝͠͝͠͠͝͝ͅr̴̨̨̢̢̢̡̧̡̧̡̨̨̨̢̨̨̧̢̨̧̡̢̨̡̨̡̛̛̹̟̦̭͇̯͖̲̙͕̙̬͇̗̬̙̤̩̖͔̬̥̹̙̞̪̯̠̯̣̞͔̤̻̤͖͇̫͈̺̳̯̦͕̭̖͎͖͕̠̳̩͈̟̹͎̞͉͕̺͚͍͕̤͈͎̻̻̠͔̥̜̠̪̖̗̱̜̭̬̳̬͔̬̝̝̼̫̪̖̪̗̣͖̦͉̰̻͚̗̩̟͖̥̳̦͖͇̹̟͕͉̖̗̫̰̖̲̞̝̤͓̝̟̮̖̺̯̲̞̱̞̻͇͇͓͍̺̥͔̮̙̤̺̳͖̹̹͙̜͙̗͚͓̱͎̳͇͇̩̪̹̭̬̹̤͈̭̳͔͚̜̺͙͕̥̣̺̣̦͓̺̱͎͍͕̻̝̥̱̤͈͚͍̳̖̞̙͓͔̣̲̙̭̙͈̼̩̳͚̠̞̥̪̺̰̲͈̺͙̫͖͖̜̜͕͖͙͙̹͙̬̳̤̜̙̳̝̫̈́̍͑̃̓̾͂̒̾́̓͑͆͑̑̿͗̀̍́̇̎̋͆̑̍͐̇̀̅͑̅̈́̓̊̀͑͗̓̽͑̈́̌̌͒̿̓͛͂́́̄̌͌̅͒̉͆͑͗̊̎̐̃͐̆̇̐̒̏̌̓͊̔̎̿̈́̇͒̆̽̅̾͐͌̄̿̐̓̒̿͑̑͗̋̏̈̍̋̑̋̀̽̾͒̊̑̀̌̉́͘̕͘̚̚̕͜͜͜͜͜͠͝͠͝͠͝͠ͅͅg̴̢̧̡̢̨̨̨̧̡̢̢̡̧̧̧̨̢̨̛̛̗̰͚̗̱̝̱̯̫̬̹̳̬̖̯̦̩̣̪̪̞̖̘̘̺̳̰̼̪̱̣̭̼̣̥̥̯͓̜̟̗̝͓̖̙̟̜͍̪̜̺̤̱̣̬̦̮͚̫̪̦͓̺̹͈̹̦̖̳͇̻̰͙̰͉̘̟͕̹͈̫̰̯̥̩͉̮̲̣̙̝̞̭̲̘̪̗̹̗͚͕̻̝̺͖͓͈͇̘͇̠͍̖̮̦̟̮̳̲͇̹̯͚͇̩̱͖̖͙̹̞̩͉̯̰̱̖̮͍̲̣͚̺͙̫͎̙̮͈͙͕̩̯̜̪̼̺̯͔͉͉̹̭̩̹̪̞͉̠͒̉̄̈͆̈̓̀̀̉͛̀̊͌̈́̈́̒͋͊̿̂̾͌̓͐̐̀͑͆̌͑̊̉̊̆͐̄̓͂̈́̐̀͌̂͐̑́̀̈͂̇̔̉̑̐̍̈͊̀̔̀̀͛͗̄͗̉̓̀͛̃͆́̈͊̈̒̏̓̍͆̈́̊̈́̾̈́́̊͂̽̐͌̑͗̉̋́̈͌͋͗͘̕̚͘͜͝͝͠͝͝͝͠ͅͅͅͅy̸̨̢̨̢̨̧̨̨̡̨̡̨̡̢̧̛̛̛̛̛̫̹̤͕͔̰͎̣̹͕̝̬̬͇̻͇͓͈̝̗̳̪̦͙̫͙͍̗̦͍̤̭͓̙͎̮̯̙̥͇͕̹̬̲̮̘̮̝̫̘̥͍͔̬̤̬̭̲̥͍̝̺̝̤̼̼͍̜̩̯̭̫̞̝̦͈̮͖͚̳̰̗̖̹͇̗͔͕̟̤̪̯̯̦̫̭̝̱̯̯̤͖͎̘͕̻̗͙̦̥͉̭̫͈̖͙̩̜̗̞͓̺̗̱̗̦̜̹̦̖͇̭̣̮͈̫͈͎̭̺̣͎̺͓̣̼͇̠͓̖̬̗̟̳̥̳̤͎̗͚̘͎̫͓̦̱̯̼̞̖̤̻̟̳͈̩̜̬̗̰͚͔̻̹̥͉̭̫͍̥̗̟̜̪̬͎̭̗͍̟͉̬̼̟̺̣̱̞͚̫̹̼̩̺̗͕̮͈̞̯̟̜̭̯̳͕̬̫̫͕̩͉̙͑́̓̇̒̔͂̔͑̓̅̑̍̿͐̀͒͆̓͋̅̌͋̄̆͗͂͊̀̅̓̀̿̏̈̃͂̍͌͌́͊̽̋̀̇̃̾̂̑̅͑̈́͆̈́̓͂̉̒̑̅̏̔̓̌͑̒͋̎̎͒̀̈́̈́̄́́̅̀̋͒͂̽͌͂̀̂̍̅̾̂̀̀͂̌̆͗̍͛͌̾͗̇̏̅͌͗̐̂́̌͋͋̈́̍̉̏̑͒̿̓̓̊͐͐̆̐̓͑̽̾͐͋̂̂͛̊̒͊̃̎͐͛̌̔̉̽̆͑̈́̔̔̈́̔͋̀̀͒̓̈́̈̑̕̚̕̕̕͘̕̕̕̕̚͘̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͠͝͠͠͝͠͝͠͠͠͝͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅ

I guess it must be all the baguette she packs and brings for her team every outing.

Non healing support doesnt work in overwatch. I think people should have learned their lsson with Symmetra. And even if you dont just look at it as a pure healer, at the very least they should have something to enhance their teammates and allow them to not die instantly in some form or fashion. Baptiste for exampel can keep teammates alive with immortality field without actually healing them.
Lucio has sound barrier which technically isnt even a heal. Things like that.

I realize that for whatever reason OW’s supports are relegated to heals only but it does change the fact that Widow in other games could be classified as a support.

Support =/=healing unless it’s OW for some reason.

Probably because OW heroes are designed in a way to be more dependend on each other than in other games. Dps need tanks to create space for them so they can do their job. In order to create space, tanks need supports to keep them alive through trash damage.

Which could be done through others means of sustain but OW has shown they prefer the easier “just heal” over other means. They took away shielding with SJ and now armor. Just other forms of utility can be provided to ensure sustain.

Things that could have stayed and ya know…not caused the endless circle of damage creep-healing creep-damage creep.

But again healing is just easier.

Surprisingly, using Blizzard in the title is against Code of Conduct.
Who knew?

Probably won’t do anything though. Haven’t seen it done.

Not by Blizzard’s definitions. Mei is also not a tank because she doesn’t create space, but denies and controls it.

And none of the above have primary form of healing others.

Mercy is a Tank. Change my mind

Why the word Blue? Does Blizzard own the colour or something?

I guess it would be in associations with the Blue names of the official forums people.

what is there to debate? you just pulled a tf2 on sombra and widow