Blizzard did Reaper dirty

The shotgun spread change was nice. As a Reaper main, I felt like I could finally do consistent damage and secure kills without praying to RNGesus for good random spread. Then Blizzard covertly took away the set spread from Reaper ONLY and hoped nobody would notice. Nothing in the patch notes, no notification whatsoever. I NOTICED. AND IT IS BULL****. GIVE MY EDGEBOI HIS SET SPREAD BACK BLIZZARD.

39 Likes

Wheres your proof that they took it away? It’s not in the patch notes.

2 Likes

nowhere since the spread change has reaper been mentioned in patch notes

1 Like

Go test it for yourself if you don’t believe me.

17 Likes

I thought something was off. Everyone had a set-asterisks spread pattern. I always shoot the walls as reaper after the shotgun patch because I liked the spread.

I noticed recently the pattern has been more spread and random

4 Likes

Exactly! His spread looked a lot like Dvas and Doomfists for about a week then they reverted it with no warning, no notification, nothing.

29 Likes

If this is true, I would like to know why.

Course, I was just playing Reaper to hold last point Hollywood, and he felt fine. But then again, I’m used to the old Reaper.

2 Likes

It IS true, and I would like to know why as well. Even Ashes Coach Gun still has set spread and it does nothing different. But all Reaper has is his guns so why would they give him the power he deserves and then take it away immediately and not tell us?

1 Like

I don’t have a good answer for you, expect maybe it’s a bug.

In any case, if someone’s noticed this quickly no doubt others will. Soon the Youtubers and Redditors will latch on and we’ll need an explanation.

3 Likes

That’s why I am trying to tell anyone who will listen about it. Once the pros notice then maybe Blizzard will give us an explanation. Otherwise the words of some unranked quickplayer mean less than nothing…

2 Likes

reaper too good , pros complained?

4 Likes

Can someone else other than OP confirm this?

2 Likes

can confirm, just tested regular practice range with reaper, his spread seems a bit more random than on experimental.

but i’m not really weeping over it, to me it gave me no value really.

bad spread = bad spread.
that’s my take on it.

11 Likes

It felt great to me. But the reason I’m miffed about it is because A) Blizzard did it in the background and told nobody, and B) all other shotguns got to keep their set spread. Reaper benefitted from the change the most so why would they only take it away from him and give him crappy random spread again? I just don’t understand

2 Likes

sounds like a bug rather than a covert nerf

4 Likes

Then wouldn’t it be in the patch notes?

not if they dont know about it yet, make a post in the bug report section of the forum

2 Likes

I posted it there but I hold no hope that my voice will be heard.

1 Like

I really don’t play reaper nor follow his changes with a vested interest. I do find playing against one is extremely aim-reliant - and at times, his aim feels extremely rng/wtf/bot? If they can make that more consistent, why not.

What version is on live - no clue. Still feels rng af when a 700sr ai.hard reaper claps you out of thin air.

Yeah but it also feels really unfair to shoot two 200hp targets the same amount of times and only kill one of them because rng. Especially when all other shotguns are still set spread.

4 Likes