Blizzard cant even get a twitch drop right!

News flash:
When 1.4 Million players are all trying to get a beta key, its going to slow down the twitch and blizzard servers

6 Likes

but i thought this game has millions of active players why cant their servers handle what it does daily according to some here?

1 Like

sub 10 post doomer accounts in full force tonight lmao! Please touch grass.

4 Likes

I got the twitch drop 0 issues, took 10 minutes for it to be applied to my account and I’ve been chilling by myself in custom games looking at stuff and listening to Moira voice lines.

Over a million people were watching OW on twitch today, so you have to expect a lot of people will be getting this key and overload the servers.

1 Like

This is for ow2, new engine and stuff…

with 1.4 million requests, its going to slow any system or server down

1 Like

Heads up doomers…:

I mean the drops system has never worked? It’s been an issue for years. You’d watch hours of OWL games and just HOPE it works after the fact. Some times it come in a day later, some times never. You have zero ability to tell if things are working while your watching as well.

Only system that seems to work most the time is the OWL app, but it only works on a phone and streaming for hours to a phone is beyond silly. Kills your battery and if your actually watching the game is a tiny screen.

i use drops for escape from tarkov and it never has any issues.

It’s always worked for me with no problem. Grinded many of league coin with no issue.

has that game ever got 1.4 million players trying to get it at the same time?

I edited that for you to realize it’s in regards to… Today.

It is extremely frustrating how it’s played out, extremely baffling why Blizz would allow it to launch like this, and extremely alarming at the lack of reassurance of what is happening too.

However… If you unlocked it, you’re still getting access to the beta. Yes, it’s a small window to be rewarded for it. Kinda how some things go, kinda how promotions go.

Biggest point: the window wasn’t watch 4hrs and only get to play it today.

Fair enough… I am sure it will be fixed tomorrow. Maybe they should extend their Drop window. Seems like the honorable thing to do since obviously having people watch today and then unlock it right after turned out to be too much of a challenge for them.

1 Like

that has nothing to do with him saying drops never work since they work fine for other games it’s a blizzard issue not a drops issue.

I completely understand where you’re coming from. How the event was handled… Yes, you’re completely right. Blizz should have absolutely handled and prepped for it way better.

Honestly, I liked the idea of engagement they used. Promote the game, promote the streamers, and create an incentive - this was a fairly solid engagement idea (my opinion).

But… Why would you want and do things to create a buzz for your platform, hope it is a huge hit, but think “It probably won’t be that big, no need to ensure servers don’t get overloaded.” Wut…?

What about 1.4 MILLION people trying to get the beta do you not understand?

1 Like

They should have prepared

It would take quite some time to prepare the systems and servers for 1.4 million people

1 Like

not like they had 2 years to get ready they barely had any time.

1 Like

You’re not allowed to make logical points around here. How dare you make sense and not flame Blizzard?

1 Like

thats what im saying its not like they completely abandon an old game for 2 years and had plenty of time to get this new one ready to handle the load it’s a small indie company with limited time and ppl need to realize that.

1 Like