Blizz, just say yes or no

He probably means when the Mercy is about to use her ultimate. As long as it’s more than a 2 Man res, you can easily kill her as she is outnumbered therefore vulnerable.

Some will accept nothing less than the hand of Jeff stroking a keyboard and telling them directly that Mass Rez will never be in the game again.

We, as mere mortals, thus have nothing to say. It is only by the grace of Jeff may some be satisfied. Let us move on to more meaningful mortal works and efforts.

1 Like

That’s before using the ultimate, though. I figured that’s what he/she was insinuating, but it’s still not the same as being able to interrupt it. Every other ult, including EMP, Pulse Bomb, Death Blossom, etc. has some cast time and a duration where, if interrupted, you’d lose the ult. That didn’t exist with Mercy. IIRC she would turn invulnerable the moment you hit her ult bottom.

(btw, yes…I’ve had EMP interrupted multiple times :[ It’s really sad)

Firstly, current Mercy has way more problems than old Mercy. Secondly, you do not and I repeat do not need to rework a hero just because of a gameplay style that probably isn’t even used by the majority of players. Even if it was a problem, a LOS fix could’ve easily solved that problem.

Wouldn’t picking the Mercy with the least problems then changing her from there easier than fixing the Mercy with the most problems…

2 Likes

I understand where you’re coming from but that shouldn’t result in a whole rework for Mercy. A LOS fix and removing invulnerability and replacing with something else would’ve fixed those problems.

No. A simply LOS change would not solve the problems that were being addressed via the rework. This is just… iunno. Byproduct of misinformation and a deliberate refusal to acknowledge factors beyond balance etc.

Balance was not the motive behind the rework. Gameplay mechanics were. So long as you have 1 button press = 1-5 being rezzed, you will have the problems the dev’s and community were wanting removed. The 1 button press = 1 rez paradigm is, tbh, the only solution.

There comes a time we must let go.

1 Like

I guarantee, if your main went through what Mercy went through you wouldn’t be saying this.

I don’t know what he is talking about. You could kill Mercy during Res. We did it all the time.

They had to buff Res by putting invincibility on it, that’s how much it got countered.

I can guarantee I would. As I don’t over invest into a singular hero to the point of hysteria. I just see them as different weapons to use, and move with the meta.

2 Likes

What kind of solution requires 3 feedback mega threads with a total of almost 90,000 responses?

One that works.

I give 0 cares for how vocal people are about a change. People’s opinions have been historically proven to be poor measurements of what is objectively valid.

Let’s not forget the 10 consecutive nerfs to this so-called solution.

…Okay in its first iteration, yes you could - but even then, her teammates would still be resurrected.

The issue is you couldn’t stop Mercy from resurrecting her teammates.

Its first iteration (obviously) was the worst because I don’t even think it granted invulnerability to the resurrected allies. Then (rightfully) they added invulnerability, then made it so she could move while resurrecting - but even then, it didn’t stop her teammates from being resurrected, she would just sacrifice herself after.

Typically people refer to what resurrect was prior to the rework - which was the invulnerability to Mercy as soon as she used her ultimate. You couldn’t stop that. You could kill Mercy at one point, but that wasn’t the last iteration of it before she was reworked.

I absolutely agree. At the time, I disliked the way resurrect worked because of that - and I suggested some LoS changes, removing invulnerability, even a slight cast time at one point. I was originally against suggestions like that, but came to think those would be fine changes.

But a lot of Mercy mains and other users vehemently refused to entertain that idea. :man_shrugging: I would have rather had that than, this whole situation lol.

I just don’t see them reverting Mercy. They’ve said they have no plans to. They’ve said she’s fine when badgered to revert her. They’ve done worse changes (Bastion) but still haven’t reverted those. I’m just of the mindset that, “This is what we’ve got to work with now” instead of “She should have never been changed”

If I don’t laugh about it I’ll cry lol

1 Like

Again. I don’t care.

If the result is balanced. I am happy. If not. I don’t care if it takes 1 or 100 changes.

1 Like

idk what that was saying

That awkward moment when you realise that Resurrect on a short CD will never be balanced. [unless they nerf her to the ground which would most likely cause a riot]

I haven’t realized that.

I also remember a lot of prominent forum dwelling Mercy mains screaming rez with cast time was useless and just a “press e to respawn” button. Now they argue that is why she is OP.

Meh, cbf with such situational and convenient reasoning. And we’re not talking about rez on E being balanced, we’re talking about mass rez coming back.

It won’t. That is all.

1 Like

Seems like any “nerf” to rez Mercy mains purpose would make it safer, and get used more than 6 times per game, on average.

Still gonna disagree with you :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah that doesn’t surprise me. The difference between us?

I can argue why in many different ways. You just deliberately choose to remain ignorant.

FeelsBadMan.