Blizz, I will buy ten loot boxes if you fix my issue

“Your rendering device has been lost” FIX IT AND I WILL BUY THANKS

Mod Edit: Moved this to Technical Support.

1 Like

I shouldnt laugh, but this post is just gold.

3 Likes

Woah…
Haven’t seen this one in a good while.

Yeah, still happens to me on occasion and it only happens to Overwatch. It’s lame.

1 Like

Gonna need one of these:

DxDiag instructions

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

P.S. I am not a Blizzard employee.

Sadly my dxdiag text goes over the character limit (118k characters).

Maybe try pastebin and link it?

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion PezLex.

https://pastebin.com/r1hz6zX8

No problem.

It would look pretty bad on the forums format anyway. I just tried and every single line was numbered. blegh

1 Like

I do see a lot of timeout errors from your GPU. For some reason I see 3 entries for the GTX 2060. Because of this, I recommend using Display Driver Uninstaller, and then reinstalling the latest drivers.

Since you’re using a Ryzen processor, I recommend updating your bios as suggested in the stickies.

Manually check for Windows updates (reboot if you don’t see them).

Make sure that your desktop resolution matches the in-game resolution. I have also seen when players have two monitors running at different refresh rates, this can sometimes affect the game client, so try disabling the second monitor after you tried everything else here just to see if that’s the cause.

Finally, is your RAM overclocked? This sometimes leads to instability on the game client, which is why overclocked hardware isn’t supported by Blizzard games.

1 Like

If the issue still persists after doing what Nicole told you, try renaming your Overwatch.exe to something like OverwatchTest.exe. You will have to start the game outside of battle net when doing this by manually typing in your credentials every time you want to play OW. This will need to be done every patch.

The method above bypasses NVidia’s profile for Overwatch. This has worked for some of us who all own a RTX graphics card. Blizzard is still working on a permanent solution but it is a tough nut to crack and it has taken a while.

There is a thread about this issue with responses from Blizzard in it.

Edit: Odd apparently b . net is seen as a link and can’t be posted but normal links do work.

2 Likes

This is a good tip, I meant to include these steps in my post but it was starting to get long…

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions, I have already done the Display Driver Uninstaller and that hasn’t worked. I will try updating the chipset drivers and OverwatchTest.exe methods next. :+1:

edit: After a few days, I can say that renaming Overwatch.exe to OverwatchTest.exe has worked pre and post-patch. I tried Overwatch.exe from the launcher after the patch and it still crashes, so the patch has not fixed it. Thanks for the help OW homies. :+1:

1 Like