Black screen then crash on launch

i have recently come across a problem with Overwatch. when ever i click play on the b-net launcher to play Overwatch, my monitor will go black then just quit the application. please help me!!! i haven’t been able to play the for a few days now, and its really frustrating me.

1 Like

Heyo!

Are you currently using any Razer peripherals? We’ve seen some crashes caused by Chroma SDK and so we’ll want to look into uninstalling that. This may be part of Razer Synapse if you have that installed.

6 Likes

i currently have a Razer lance-head TE edition which also allowed me to download Razer synapse 3. should i uninstall the program.

If you have any Razer software installed currently then let’s remove it and install Rayzer Synpase 3. If you continue to have issues go ahead and grab a msinfo report and email it over to techinfo@blizzard.com with a link to this thread.

This inbox is not monitored and will not send responses. It’s used to collect information for Customer Support to assist in troubleshooting.

i currently already have Razer synapse 3 installed.

Had misread your previous post. Go ahead and uninstall it and Razer Synapse 3 and give the game a try.

uninstall my mouse, and Razer synapse 3?

Just the Razer software.

so, just uninstall synapse 3?

Yes uninstall Razer Synapse 3. Double check to make sure there isn’t any other Razer software on top of that. The Razer Chroma SDK will sometimes install as its own entry.

ok, all of my razer software has been uninstalled. should i try to start game now? or restart my pc?

Go ahead and try starting the game.

1 Like

my game launched and is in the main menu screen. thank you for your help.

3 Likes

Hello. I have the same problem. Razer recently put out an update within the last few weeks that I got tired of putting off and finally let it update. Any idea when this will be fixed on blizzard’s end? I have no intention of uninstalling razer synapse and reinstalling it any time I want to play Overwatch so I’d rather just stop playing for now.

2 Likes

Update on my above. I didn’t realize that Synapse and the SDK were two separate entries under the uninstall programs list. Uninstalling just the core SDK allows for (so far) synapse to function normally with my keyboard and mouse settings while also letting overwatch launch now.

5 Likes

Can confirm this worked for me too. Removed the SDK, made sure Synapse was up to date and Overwatch launched no problems.

1 Like

Thx guys, i removed the Razer Synapse SDK components and the game started ! Didn’t have to restart the computer.

This thread should go up to help so many people that are in the same case.

1 Like

Had the same problem described from ShadowDragon and indeed the problem was Ornata Chroma software. When uninstalling it the problem was solved.

I’m having the same issue, but I don’t have any Razer peripherals or any Razer software installed.

4 Likes

I’ve been playing overwatch since launch, uninstalling Razer software that I’ve never updated to fix a fault in Blizzard’s code that has magically appeared is the stupidest damn thing I’ve heard in 2018 so far. Who is running this clownshoes operation

2 Likes