Overwatch 1 as a testing ground for OW2

They are literally treating Overwatch 1 as a testing ground for OW2.
This game has become a joke at this point.

they can’t balance the roster, they can’t do proper reworks, they ignore the fanbase when attempting balance changes and reworks (example SYM).
Healers feel less impactful than before. You are literally pushing away most of your support players out of the game or role in general… I guess you want more of the tank issue. You further increase the most popular roster just to keep the majority entertained as you release zero content for another year. Too much focus on OWL. GG.

The worst part of it all, no communication whats so ever. Like everything else can be easily excused, but this part right here is the core of it all.

26 Likes

No there is. Just in the streamer discord only.

16 Likes

of course, facepalm. More disappointment

7 Likes

Who is the rooster?

If it were up to the playerbase, Sym would be diving in at ramming speed ignoring her sentries and teleporter everything else in her kit for LMB and LMB-only.

With double-support now mandatory, the bare minimum average healing rates are around 70 to 80 healing per second per target. A substantial improvement over the bare minimum of the average double support healing of 45 back at launch.

Up until last year, the most popular competitive picks were 3 tanks and 3 supports. Even today in Open Queue, 3 Tanks and 3 Supports remains a popular composition.

As for hero releases. Not much comment there, Blizzard’s statements in wanting to release more Tanks and Supports and not fast tracking development of those heroes to into those roles suggests some serious leadership and production issues.

Pandemic seems a part of this issue, but they can very easily post of their own forums with comments disabled, about their design goals and what their plans are.

2 Likes

idk figure it out

if it was up to the sym mains and the sym community, she would have never been dps to begin with…

Back at launch vs now is a whole different game and players used to be fine with even just one support. So yeah looks like balance was really thrown out the window hu?

exactly

I would agree with a pandemic, but they’ve been like this before the existence of the COVID.

The very least they could do is is talk to their player base before making drastic changes – like sym for example where the whole community tide to her was completely ignored til the end.

5 Likes

i am the rooster, fear me

8 Likes

i think a better costume at this point for this Halloween is to dress up as activation blizzard.
holding a trash can, with logos of all the games that are ending up in the trash with their poor leadership judgements.

6 Likes

your just figuring this out now?

1 Like

i’ve been very vocal about this. Blizzard just pays no attention to any criticism. Weather healthy or toxic. Only if you kiss up to them or if you are streamer / in owl.

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t care for their communities, that’s why they lost DOTA

4 Likes

They lost dota because dota was a user created mod and blizzard had no ownership over the IP.

oh my god pizza!!!

It comes down to the fact that the Overwatch Developement Team has no specific vision or design choice in mind for Overwatch. They had lore idea’s, general mechanics, some great polish as far as looks and feel. However, they don’t have an over arching design philosophy that drives the changes they make.

As a result they have nothing to communicate to the player base as far as roadmaps or future content. They only know what is next and what is next is rarely in line with what was before.

If they chose a design philosophy such as “Casual hero shooter” or “competitive hero shooter” they could then design exclusively around that and COMMUNICATE that desire to the player base.

We are frustrated not just because of the changes being made. But due to the fact that we don’t know WHY those changes are made or even what the game was meant to look like.

7 Likes

yes, a very popular mod and like riot and valve did, they swooped in to ask the creators to help make a moba for them

blizzard had no interest in the hype surrounding the mod until the last minute

1 Like

Blizzard not stepping in to make a standalone game of a mod for their game doesn’t mean they dont care about their community.

Blizzard shutting down classic WoW fan servers like Nostalrius, Brack telling someone they wouldn’t want classic servers back despite WOW Classic increasing sales, and releasing Diablo Immortal with their clear tone deafness are a few other examples.

Oh, and Warcraft 3 reforged stating in its map editor policy that all rights go to blizzard to prevent another Dota from happening and slipping away from them

1 Like

So… You don’t like it when the game is balanced around the Top 1%, but you think heroes should only be balanced/reworked according to what their mains (AKA the 0.5% of the player base when talking about Symmetra 2.0) for example??

This… Seems a bit odd, doesn’t it?

1 Like

So you don’t care about the player base that makes up the community for one char.

So you don’t care of how this impacts a very structured and already established community and how completely ignored and thrown aide they were made with these changes?

So you don’t care about all the User who have special conditions that caused them to gravitate to sym’s old design originally to be completed ignored with no real feedback to address why these changes were made ?

I can keep going but w.e your comment speaks for itself.

If anything, I’d say the issue is

1. Balancing could be better
  2. More budget from Acti-Bliz CFO’s would be nice
1 Like

What’s the other solution balance around the people who didn’t enjoy the playstyle to begin with. Those people already have a spot in this game. Don’t take away the niche that one character provides just because the majority doesn’t like that

The idea of a hero shooter is to provide the widest amount of playstyles it’s actually very counterproductive to remove one just because it’s unpopular

1 Like