Biggest tip I can give:

Yes.

I never queue with anyone though, because most of the players are best kept at arms length.

You don’t know me. I don’t know you. Let’s keep it that way.

Detrimental to climbing? Yes. I’ve declined friend requests from smurf tanks, for example, because it’s not worth knowing anyone through this community.

uninstall the game is best tip

1 Like

When I play ow solo, I play to grind, I like grind, I like to find a way not just to beat enemy team, but beat this stupid matchmaker, ofc together it would be easier, but solo is like a challenge. It is good when you climbed at least once to GM/TOP500 so you can chill on alt, knowing your ingame capabilities and do not stress out of loosing, cause you know when it is your fault and when it is just bad match. Team stacking is easiear in mental way, but games would be harder. Climbing solo is easier if you have right mindset.

The group up feature is a bit hit and miss. Maybe if you have a group of people you already know are pretty good it can work. But if you’re in a 6 stack the game will try to put you up against another 6 stack, so if you’re not working as a group and communicating it can often put you at a disadvantage compared to solo.

A group of three tend to be pretty good though. If I fall a bit in SR I group up and play mercy rein bastion. If we operate as a unit more often than not it’s an easy win as the other side can’t organise enough to counter us.

1 Like

That would require people to actually play the game anymore. So many have left for various reasons. Many for the same reason. LACK OF CONTENT.

I never play comp with friends. If I want to play with friends I play QP or Arcade. I don’t trust my friends to positively impact my SR. (Or myself to not negatively impact theirs)

I actually think Blizzard should completely separate Solo Queue SR from Team based SR. Competitive Suggestion - Solo Queue

I think peak Overwatch would be in a 6-man team that always plays together (which is supported by the fact that this is exactly what the professional scene is, both Contenders and Overwatch League). However, organized teams aren’t available to most people. If anyone is solo queueing, I would prefer that everyone be solo queue.

I think the biggest mistake people make is 6-stack LFG for comp. That has to be the worst possible scenario, because it will match you against pre-made 6-stack teams who will completely wreck you. You might get lucky and face another LFG 6-stack who is worse than you, but the odds are definitely against you.

With the numbers of abuses available and inspired by Comp SR being available to groups and solo queue equally, I am in favor of keeping them separate.

EDIT: Added replies to individual posts

Says the person with endless posts about how big a disaster his LFG 6-stacks are.

Boosting is one of the biggest reasons I advocate for a solo queue only SR.

Truth, especially 6-stack LFG.

Truth.

1 Like

So here’s my experience with lfg 6- stack:

Games tend to be more enjoyable and feel more coordinated and challenging but also rewarding like it’s more like real overwatch

But doing this won’t help you to climb beyond a certain point

And it’s extremely difficult to find people who will remain in a group because people tend to give up after 1 or 2 losses

So eventually I stopped bothering with that and just solo q or very occasionally play with one other person

So my recommendation is just find one other person that can match your kind of play Style or tempo

This will especially help when you get those gatekeeper matches

But if you want to play for enjoyment lfg 6- stack is the best way to go

Have we all been playing fake overwatch??

1 Like

Yes. Playing with random people is not the way overwatch was intended to be played

1 Like

Except that’s exactly what all game modes are at their core. You can play with people any time of day because people are willing to play with random people. LFG doesn’t change whether you play with random people, it just lets you look at them a little before queueing.

It’s valid to say that’s not fun for you. I can’t argue with you if you make a statement like that, because it’s your opinion and feelings, which are important to you.

I just don’t think based on the features provided that it is a valid statement to say Overwatch isn’t intended to be played as a solo queue.

It was intended to be played as a team and from the start they really wanted to emphasize teamwork but the players weren’t smart enough so they dumb the game down for the second one to make the solo experience better

1 Like

Yep, this. And there’s always some leader who tries to game the system by spending 20 minutes cherry picking teammates, kicking people if they don’t main heros he thinks are good, kicking people who don’t immediately jump in chat, etc only to get wrecked by an organized 6 stack or 6 individually super soloQ players when the matchmaker gives up on trying to find an equal team.

2 Likes

I always think of six stacking (whether via the lfg or a discord of people) is best thought of as an investment. You don’t win by trying to cherry pick a “dream team” off of heroes people play because real performance as a group also relies on chemistry and you only hurt chemistry by doing that or kicking someone the moment they make a mistake.

Ideally you group up and proceed to play together over the course of a few days/weeks and see returns over time as you not only improve as individuals (hopefully) but also improve at playing together as a team and at covering weaknesses in each other’s games and amplifying strengths of each other.

Then ideally as you go along you can pick up extra people to use as “subs” whenever someone isn’t available and even make a second group of six if everyone’s online. Then as you get used to playing together you can look for tournaments and leagues to join as a group and play together in a more serious atmosphere.

1 Like

Yeah I have a few people I duo/trio with and we know each other’s strengths, weaknesses, play styles, etc

2 Likes

this is great advice for climbing but terrible advice for belonging in your elo.

there are players that are borderline useless without there partner(s). and these ppl then solo queue when those people arnt on and they toss away sr because they were effectively boosted up. (and its not always this extreme, sometimes they can be carried by there teams even then)

like its easy to play rein if you have a good zarya and a good main healer. its easy to play genji with a good ana but when you take these heros into the wild solo, now all of a sudden your unable to win.

if a person climbs 500 sr in a group but was hard stuck at lets say 2900. it means they didnt belong at 3400 they belonged at 2900.

the goal isnt to have a bigger number with your SR the goal is to actually deserve that SR.

2 Likes

never solo que
never take good advice
stay on that sigma male grindset

quintillionair quotes

What is the best amount of teamates in a premade? I dont want to do 6 man cuz ik it puts you up against other 6 man teams lol

Duo is generally the best, but it’s up to you. If you have a team that’s very solid and has scrimmed then 6 stacking is very viable. If not, then duo / trio is usually the best way to go. I usually duo since we can synergize to have huge impact while not having so many people on the other team also grouped up; they will have a duo- trio at most

When I solo queue it rigs me so hard. Doesn’t matter which of the 11 accounts I’m on, what time of day, or where on the ladder I’m currently placed. Solo queue puts me with/against the same clowns and you just wintrade back and forth, slowing your boost.

When I grab some bot rando and have them exist in my matches, I get much easier matchmaking. Suddenly it’s entirely different accounts and different sweat level for the same gains. It gets way easier even tho that extra was afk. Almost like SR doesn’t matter, but rigging around hidden MMR scores does.

1 Like

I like solo queuing.

1 Like