Big balance patch coming soon to PTR

Now that it’s been confirmed, let us speculate and be real: what is gonna happen next on Blizzard Balancing? Part of me thinks they’re gonna be reasonable and nerf Sigma/Orisa, or they’re gonna be Blizzard and nerf Torb. What are your guesses?

16 Likes

Oh boy…

20 charsss

6 Likes

No reason to nerf torb, they need to make brig not a throw pick, and they need to start looking at the goats nerfs and see which ones we need to reverse now that its gone.

also rework bastion already.

7 Likes

wut?

https://www.overstalk.io/?blizz-forum=on&reddit=on

2 Likes

IIRC I saw it in one of Josh’s posts

Whatever they end up doing, it’ll include something along these lines:

• Pick the top 3-5 heroes
  • Nerf them
  • Buff their counters
  • Maybe introduce a bug or two to them
  • Throw a dart at a board containing the entire rest of the cast
  • Buff that hero into must pick status

I hope I’m wrong, but playing since launch, I’m almost positive I’m not.

71 Likes

My prediction: someone’s going to get moved from DPS to support, or DPS to tank.

Hopefully a hog rework making him more of a tank

4 Likes

Bastion will be left Unacknowledged.
Pharah will have some small and irrelevant buff that does nothing to help her.
Junkrat won’t receive anything after his latest “buff”.

Then the rest of the patch will be a mix of much needed changes, unwarranted nerfs, and furthering the power creep.

Which I’m turn, will make this a bad patch. But let’s wait and see.

1 Like

I really hope you are right and this is true. We need changes.

Source? I’ve seen nothing suggesting that.

2 Likes

He said balance takes time and there are more to come, he didnt confirm a big balance patch coming soon if anything he said dont count on a big one but a bunch of small ones considering he was talking about how we entered 222 and a new hero released and its important to collect statistics

5 Likes

He just speculating because last thing I saw was OWL ending Grand Finals on September 29th, 2019.

However, Doomfist better get nerfed. I’m so sick of dying by him in the most dumbest ways possible. And any Doomfist player will just say counter him or you can easily evade his RP. What a joke. Don’t come lying to us. Doomfist is broken.

10 Likes

Just means we have to wait another 2 months before it hits live. Disappointing, but at least something happens.

OWL is over until 2020 though right?

I speculate it will be bigger than the current one, because they’ve had a full month of collecting statistics and the OWL on 2-2-2, as well as a large amount of feedback. Now that they have a decent fell of 2-2-2 balancing, I think soon will come some changes to maybe 6 or 7 heroes.

Theyll nerf female characters. My guess is Moira and Symmetra, perhaps Zarya or Mei.

1 Like

“ we feel Orisa isn’t strong so we’ve went ahead and made it to where it can shoot 3 shields. We know this is going to cause an uproar so we’ve decided that 1 of the shields will only have 500 hp while the others have 900”

Whatever is, we can be sure it’ll be one step forward and two (or realistically, more like 5) steps back as always.

4 Likes

Is it bad that I’m excited? I’m naively excited.