Better internet, same ping help

Okay so you are from EU and play on EU servers if i am correct

yes you are correct .

If you have 80 it should’t lagg

yeah but thats pretty much the same as when i was using wireless with less than 1mb/s

Yeah but it’s not a big change because if it’s wireless or not it’s still on the same internet.

well its still on the same internet but the connection should be way stronger non the less going wireless to ethernet should make somewhat of a change so

If you could do me a favour take a speedtest again with and without your cable

yeah im not gonna change it but its worse when wireless dude

Then i ain’t really sure 80 is alright ping so.

I will observe using Speedtest.net is NOT an accurate way to measure the ping to a specific service such as reaching the Overwatch Game Servers. Even if a user upgrades their internet service, they are still subjected to the same issues that can exist inbetween the user and the servers.

I read through the WinMTR test from earlier and discovered that starting at IP address 95.128.184.109 there is an increase of worst recorded ping rate, though the averages don’t exactly go over the roof.

That’s not realy the problem it should be better

As @WyomingMyst said It can be between the user and servers

But not all times is it gonna be better.

So nothings really wrong or ?

Well the ending average in that test when it reaches a game server, is about 50 milliseconds, which is relatively normal unless you live really close to a game server. Now you said you were getting a constant 80 milliseconds or higher correct? That is not making sense considering the average ping in your previously provided WinMTR.

Well the only thing i can think of is if the overwatch ping teller thing is wrong maybe i should try to use a different program for ping

As a reminder, the stat “Latency” in Overwatch is not the same as ping rate. This developer post explains:

How can i see my RTT i don’t see a option

That is removed completely. Basically latency is the RTT in someways.

Alright well thanks i won’t complicate things any more

Well see if things still play the way you remember it, if it feels sluggish, then keep investigating. If anything make sure to jump on doing a WinMTR test at the moment you really notice symptoms.