Beta-2 is pay-2-play

except you’re guaranteed to play the beta for free come July 14th… whats not clicking?

What’s bad is giving some players more playtime than others simply because they paid money.

Everyone is OK with them charging money for cosmetics.
But here we’re talking about the game itself, not just cosmetics.

You can even argue it’s some sort of P2W, because people with deeper pockets will be playing the game for 16 days earlier (game knowledge and practice advantage).

2 Likes

but not everyone who gets to play on day 1 is paying for instant access. Those who opted in the free way also have a chance of getting to play on day 1, there will in fact be players who opted in and will get to play as soon as the beta launches.

1 Like

You pay to play more. So yes, it is pay 2 play.

2 Likes

should I go around complaining at my local amusement park because they offer faster/non-existent line passes for $$$ whereas I have to stay in the regular long line with all of the rest of the non-fast lane pass holders?

1 Like

Skipping lines to play a park game will not give any competitive advantage because there is no competition.

And you are comparing apples to oranges anyway.
Overwatch is an online FPS game. There is no waiting time to play the game. There is no technical limitations (unlike the amusement park).
The devs are simply blocking the access for people who don’t pay for no technical reasons. It’s intentional.

1 Like

Only if not enough people paid to fill whatever number they are looking for.

this is effectively a raffle, where everyone will win something for signing up
but if you pay something you get a hat, a raffle ticket for the next raffle, and a promise to get a better prize.
either you a. buy in and get that hat, that ticket for next time, and the promise
or you dont and you still get something, for free.

not true, I promise you that there will be at least 1 person who opted in the free way that gets access on Day 1. It’s literally inevitable.

Reading comprehension seems lacking these days - especially when it comes to information about OW2.

1 Like

neither does having day 1 access to the beta?? do people from beta 1 have a competitive advantage over me since I am a console player? I dont think they do because I’ve seen a ton of how the game plays and works thru streamers’ videos they put out showcasing everything. not to mention, there is no ranked/competitive in the beta so you’ll literally have people from every rank play together in one giant unbalanced (skill wise) mess.

lol

Okay, so it’s p2 have guaranteed access on day 1. So what? lol.

Pay for progress? I think you struggle to use correct terms when speaking.

Almost every game on steam charges money for early access. You can pay to play alpha states of games even. Is this a new concept to you?

I’m guessing you don’t know much about computers, do you? lol

Yes :stuck_out_tongue: You should complain ANY TIME someone gains an advantage in life by paying money, over those that don’t pay money. Don’t you know anything

1 Like

I can teach you a thing or 2 with my bachelor in computer science

Uh that quote says otherwise, lol

I mean you can never argue with Junkrats, so whatever.

…o…k…

You can 100% get into the beta without paying a dime. It is not 10% or 20% or even 50%, you will 100% get into the beta without paying a dime if you simply sign up.

buuuut don’t these games usually have progress for the real game when it releases?
At least the ones I bought/played.

We’re not even sure how long this Beta will last… Who knows, maybe there will be a second pack to buy with an access to the third beta sometimes in August or September :p…

One thing is sure (WyomingMyst confirmed it), there will be no afking during Twitch steams acces to the beta like last time. So yeah, the Beta is confirmed P2P as it’s like buying another copy of OW1 (though not getting an extra licence of the game).

It’s hard to tell how many people will get access to the Beta on the first week but the goal is to sell that Watchpoint pack from the store so… I guess not many.

It’s unbelievable that we have to pay to access a Beta that consists of 80% of a game we already bought in 2016… :stuck_out_tongue: ! If there were lots of new content, I would understand the pricing but only 2 new heroes on the beta (and 3 new heroes altogether on October 4th) is pretty scarce to making it worth selling…

I guess this pack is meant for new players but I don’t think many players outside of Overwatch fanatics are aware there’s something going on with Overwatch on October 4th.

Who would want to pay that to get access to a 6-year old game that hasn’t changed that much for this new version of the game ?

The beta also is only adding a single hero and map and maybe lets you use/look at the redesigned appearances for the OW1 heroes(minus echo) which are not even substantial or something to worry about really.

I know we are mad but this is absolutely reaching, maybe try again later.