Best way to fix Mercy

Orisa takes more skill(aka aim) than any other Tank, why isn’t she meta? why isn’t people asking for Rein, Winston and other non-skilled(aim-based) Tanks to be nerfed? Why do we need Tanks at all, we should all just play 4DPSs +Ana and Zen because they take SKILLZ

Oh, why won’t anyone think if the SKILL.

Do you see why this argument makes no sense? Yes Ana takes more aim(which isn’t the only skill in the game, if that wasn’t clear) but she also gets a Sleep, Hitscan Damage, Anti-Heal and Heal Boost in her kit to compensate. She already has an edge on Mercy to compensate for her aim requirements.

2 Likes

There’s a difference between a topic that is being hotly debated and spam.

Mercy is the former.

2 Likes

So why should there be countless of Mercy threads each day saying the same thing? Go into one thread and stick with it. Bunch of spammers.

Most threads die fairly quickly.

But people still want to discuss Mercy… so instead of resurrecting an old thread (which is also frowned on) they make a new one. Simple… and also not spam.

Also the Mods tried to enforce that with the Mercy mega threads… it didn’t really work. Also it turned into an absolute mess.

4 Likes

What you just described is:

Creating Duplicate Threads

This category includes:

• Creating threads about existing topics
  • Creating a separate thread about an existing topic for further discussion in more than one forum.

So what you just did, is admitted that you all break the forum TOS.

Guess what. I know for a fact that I have read other threads saying that Mercy is fine. Guess what thread you made?

Pot meet Kettle.

Either that or… you, like most forum goers (including Mercy mains), go to the front page… there isn’t a thread on the front page saying what you want to say… so you make one.

2 Likes

So then why do I still see 5 Mercy posts, talking about the same thing, on the front page?

Because…
Mercy was one of the most played heroes hands down.
Mercy’s rework was the most divisive change I think they’ve ever made.
Most people see the solution to this as blindingly simple and don’t understand why Blizzard hasn’t fixed it yet.

2 Likes

So then why do I still see 5 Anti-Mercy posts, talking about the same thing, on the front page?

Hint: It just what people do when a topic is heatedly discussed.

We can go even further. Everyday there are new posts talking about lootboxes, Sombra, Doomfist, Genji, etc.

Mercy was only the most played because she was a must pick for a very long time. If you wanted to win, you’re forced to play a Mercy, which increases the pick rate. Yeah, she has a fan base that loves the hero, but it’s not enough to justify seeing multiple threads on the front page saying the same things.

Didn’t Jeff say that Mercy was one of the most played heroes before her rework? Like, in that very video. Which would imply the opposite because her must-pick status was due to the rework.

That’s not even true. Prior to the rework Mercy was in the Pro meta exactly one time… and that was when Ana didn’t exist, Zen had 150 HP, and after they made the change of no duplicate hero picks on a team. There were exactly 2 supports that could heal and weren’t trash, and you kinda need 2 healers… so… yeah. She got picked in pro play. From Ana’s release day until the rework she was never meta again.

The reason Mercy got picked so much is because she’s the healer who keeps working no matter what. She doesn’t need peels, she doesn’t need a barrier, and she doesn’t need her team to be grouped up. Those things can be nice, but she doesn’t need them to function like a lot of the other healers do.

That actually justifies it perfectly. Get a bunch of unhappy, like minded people together… yeah that’ll happen.

2 Likes