Best way to fix Mercy

You don’t. The hero is fine and the support class is the best it’s been in a while (:

4 Likes

I think there’s a good chance she will be technically balanced with this new patch. (At least for Plat and below).

But just like with Lucio 1.0, her playstyle will be bland.

1 Like

Except… y’know she’s got a buff on the PTR which proves that even the Devs don’t think that live Mercy is fine.

Also…

This right here is why people are and will remain complaining about her but no one seems to ever listen.

3 Likes

Yeah, Ana being a total must-pick is fine. Zen being less viable each day is nice. Mercy being completely dull to play without any namable impact is fine. What a good time to be a support.

7 Likes

Btw, don’t remember if you saw me tinkering with this idea last night.

But any ideas how something like this would be received by the Mercy Community?

Mercy

Staff: 50HPS
Valk on E: 70hps/30%boost on main beam, 20hps/10%boost on chain beams, 3sec duration, 15sec cooldown
Single Instant Rez on Q. 3m cast range. No SelfInvuln. Puts GA on 2.5sec cooldown. Adjust Ult charge as needed.

Keeps Valk, Keeps Rez, Clutch Heals, Fun Rez, More mobility variety, redistributes power so it’s not overwhelming enough to dictate the meta of the entire game.

I’m almost happy Ana and Moira are now more common, back then mercy was in every match and the best support for a long while

Blizzard: “We feel Mercy is fine now”

* A bit of time later *

Nerf, nerf, nerf… Partial revert/buff…

In her current state, I disagree, she’s not fine. Number tweaking won’t solve her poor rework’s design. Do you mean Mercy is fine as in other support heroes are getting play time more now, or seriously that Mercy’s current state is actually balanced, potentially impacting at times and enjoyable? I’m thinking it’s the former rather than the latter. Ana’s pick rate is high, however that’s not necessarily Ana’s fault but more that some of the other support heroes aren’t on par.

7 Likes

Ana takes more skill than Mercy anyday, she deserves her spotlight in the meta now. Mercy has been meta since 2017 and it was the most boring meta of all time as a support: “If you play Ana you’re throwing” and “We need a Mercy”.

“Mercy deserves to be useless because she was viable once.”
That’s not how you do balancing, honey.

8 Likes

I didn’t say she deserves to be useless, I said it’s Ana’s time to shine in the meta because she DESERVES it.

The CD on E Valk looks too long.
Why is a single instant res putting GA on a CD? Pulse Bomb doesn’t put Blink or Rewind on CD.

Other than that, I’d gladly take it over current Mercy. I can’t really speak for other Mercy players though.

Edit: I am wondering if you could get away with bumping her base heal to 55… not sure on whether you could, or even if you need to.

1 Like

How about no? That mentality is the primary reason why this game is such a mess.

5 Likes

Mercy’s current state is actually balanced.

1 Like

If that were true, why is this buff for her on the PTR literally right now?

That’s not our main complaint with Mercy anyway.

3 Likes

Just to give a buff cause of all the spam.

That change is just there to help Mercy healing her targets, it feels better to have 60 hp/s on her ult only just to balance things. Unlike Mercy mains they want her broken and boostable again like in the old days of Overwatch.

Go with the changes they pushed to PTR, and add one more thing for a fully interactive and fun character to play: Allow Mercy to wield her Caduceus Staff in the left hand, and her pistol in the right, and make her change weapon switch between healing/damage beams.

There, she’s fixed, and way more fun to play.

So firstly it isn’t spam.

It is only spam if one person is posting the same thing over and over and over. That’s not what it is. Generally the threads are created by several different users. That alone makes it not spam.

Secondly… Have you not been in the community very long? The devs generally don’t fold to community backlash.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily consider Mercy balanced with 50 hps with base kit.

Me seeing the same topics with the same content and same hero change suggestions is 100% spam.