Best VPN for Overwatch NA Server?

I live in central England and want to play on the NA West coast server.
Mainly for communication but I enjoyed matches much more on NA than EU, despite EU being 35 ping vs NA 110 ping.

Unfortunately with the cross-play update that is no longer an option.
CyberGhost’s New york server is the fastest I found at 145 ping, does anyone else have any other recommendations?

New York is probably about as good as you can get from northern Europe. The closest NA server is the ORD1/“Chicago” server (which I’m guessing is actually in Ohio now), and New York is a good waypoint for that from England.

i used the free firewall method, took like 5mins to figure out. works good for me

I thought there is only central and west ?

I use Nord VPN to ping to New York. Average at 125-130 ping. But I live in the west country so i guess im a bit closer to the server than you are

Correct. England is northeast of the US, so a VPN anywhere northeast of the “Chicago” server (as New York would be) should be expected to provide pretty similar latency.

It’s not exactly about linear distance by air, but that’s a reasonable way to estimate it.

Why can’t Blizzard cease with the arrogance and just give us our freedom back? Bring back manual region preference and let us not rely on VPN and not have an optimal connection to a datacenter.

I want to play in Europe again, and I only had 80-100 ping since I am on the Canadian east coast. Europeans are more pleasant to have a chat with.

Oops I misunderstood you I’m dumb I actually didn’t fully read your post my bad.

NordVPN works well for Overwatch NA.