Best time to play competitive?

Hey, I’ve been noticing a lot more toxicity this weekend then usual. I just started working, and since I now get home around 5-6 pst, I’ve felt like I’ve seen more leavers than when I was able to start playing at like 10 am. When do you usually play competitive?

Earlier in the day or super late at night, best matches!

Between 1 am and 4 am is when I play. Not a knock to the kiddies who play but they are all asleep usually and the toxic levels seem to be low and games are more relaxed.

1 Like

My morning games are usually a lot better. Good communicative teams and no one-sided stomps. After about 3PM is when I get bad matchmaking and toxic teammates. Haven’t tried late at night. Don’t want to risk going to bed salty if I get unfriendly teammates.

I’m taking notes about all my matches since yesterday, both QP and COMP, and i hope that in a month or two i have enough data to try to see a patern on wich time is the best or even day of the week. 76 games analysed so far.
On Xbox i can say that mornings, between 9 and 13 is the best time, also after 23 till 2 or 3am.
I’m starting to play on pc now(lvl280), so im not certain about it.

Ok, I also tend to q with a friend usually. Only really 1 friend, do you guys think that changes anything?

1 Like

Play on weekdays before 5, avoid sundays like the plague, saturdays are a bit better but by a slim margin, and avoid friday nights.

I think playing with a friend makes it better but in my experience people are jerks and expect the groups to fill more than the randoms. I don’t think there’s much difference queuing at any particular time but any time you’re able to stay away from the kids, it’s usually a little better.

Never, stay away from it.
But if there is a time, late night, early morning.

First of all, if you say the time to play, make sure you add time zone. Everyone is living in different areas.
Second of all, it depends of issue you want to deal with. Late night is fine but you can expect Korean on US server. Evening are most kids on weekdays. Afternoon are teenagers. Morning are pretty good, IDK because I don’t play in the morning.

I find 9-11 pm pacific is the best time.

Earlier and you run into a lot of younger players who are wrapping up for the night and are tired.

Later and you start running into people who are drunk and tired.

Sometimes you’ll get into the group’s that can capitalize vs those players but it starts feeling really hit or miss on whether you get a halfway decent team.

In silver this stuff doesn’t matter. I try to usually play when I can get a good match.