Best settings to get the most frames out of my PC?

So i’d like to start playing a bit more serious. I plan to upgrade my PC eventually. I recently got me a gtx 1050 ti. Right now my set up isn’t great, but I’m proud of my first build.
CPU : FX 6300
GPU : GTX 1050 ti 4GB
MOBO : 970a G43+
16GB DDR3
Samsung 23.5" Curved LED Monitor.

What could I put my settings at to get the most frames? I’m not too familiar with overclocking and I don’t think my hardware is reliable tech for that kinda stuff. I was considering upgrading to a FX 8350 but then I just figured i’d upgrade to Ryzen or Intel tbh.

Just crank down your settings to all low (75% render scale if needed) and minimize anything running in the background (chrome and certain websites can be quite a hog if left running). You can probably leave texture quality on highest, as this usually has a negligible impact on performance.

Otherwise you just need to upgrade your hardware. There’s no secret formula by tweaking settings in windows or anything.

1 Like

Ah okay lol I figured as much :joy: Oh well, thanks for the quick reply :slight_smile:

you could try this, but idk how much it will help you:

I would very much caution people from following these types of guides. Best case scenario, you often degrade the experience of a lot of other scenarios and gian an extra 1-2 fps on average, and in the worst case, misunderstanding these settings can make things much worse.

For example, disabling hardware acceleration in chrome as he suggests will free up your GPU from the tiny amounts of processing it typically does for a webpage, but the fallback is CPU rendering which is WAY less efficient. If your GPU is the bottleneck you might see an improvement, but it can also cause huge perf issues if your CPU is the bottleneck.

Is this different:

huh?

You can max texture and texture filtering, but everything else should be at the minimal.

I don’t think you need to go as far as lowering Render Scale, that’s pretty extreme.

Yes. “It may not help” is different from “It can make things much worse”

update your video card drivers

use a native resolution (ones with *'s)

I also maintain a guide right here on the forums that covers a lot of advanced tricks:

I use 1600x900 with 75% render scale. Doesn’t look pretty but does get the job done in getting more fps. And Like others said, lower your settings and render scale.

Turn of dynamic reflections and put shadow detail on low. High frames, good graphics. It does wonders.

1 Like

Everything low renderscale 75 change some things in nvidia panel and I get like 210 fps ingame and 300 in practice range on a 1050 ti. I do however have a better cpu than gpu and I know the game is cpu heavy.

Oof my bad

75% - 100%
everything on low/off