Best and recent AMD Radeon drivers (since 18.3.1) to avoid "Your Rendering Device Has Been Lost" crashes? i.e. 18.12.2 or 19.1.1

Last year, Blizzard finally acknowledged the AMD driver display crash issues (“Your Rendering Device Has Been Lost”). There was a list of safe-to-use drivers including 18.3.1 – which I’ve been using flawlessly with my Radeon Fury (and I play OW for at least a few hours everyday).

However, there are new drivers now (i.e. 18.12.2 or 19.1.1) released to support newer games. Are they safe to use with Overwatch?

Hey, Comp625! The AMD Rendering Device Lost drivers were resolved when Adrenalin drivers were released. There has not been any trend of issues since then. The drivers, 18.12.2 or 19.1.1, will work fine.

It is important to note, other reasons like power, memory, and so on can result in a Rendering Device lost. This error is due to a Timeout Detection and Recovery incident, more information here. If the error does come up at all, our community here or directly contacting Technical Support can assist with troubleshooting and diagnosing the issue.

1 Like

Hello @Caterpepi i have updated my AMD Radeon drivers to 19.1.1 as mentioned above and my game crashes shortly after booting. I receive error code BLZOWCLI00000004 everything worked before reading this post and updating my drivers. Please advise. I also received this report ID 1569FAC1-FDBE-46AB-B669-1248201B90C3