Berf ideas for Junkrat

It is 12 currently. It was 13 originally, but it got unnecessarily nerfed (a tiny difference)

1 Like

No it was originally 10 and it got unnecessarily over-buffed and then slightly tweaked to make it more reasonable.

That should be fine then, the slower fire rate, decreasing damage and size on bounces, and ult charge increase mean it would probably need to be a little better

It was considered by far one of the worst ults, 13 was really the perfect speed

1 Like

When it was 13 many people complained it was far too fast. Even one of the pros (I want to say danteh, but maybe im misremembering) even said that he had a hard time dealing with the speed.

Yet, in no time those players quickly adjusted and were 1 shotting just as easily as they were prebuff.

It wasn’t to fast by any means.

It’s because he got nerfed. Junkrat was basically a meta pick in the pro scene and then he got nerfed so he fell out of favor.

This seems like a flat nerf with very little compensation buffs…

You nerf his entire primary…nerf his shift (most of the times its used in air) and his ult too…

Its a nope for me…

Also13 speed was waaaay too much; it literally was capable of flying before it was nerfed

1 Like

On paper it may seem that way, but people greatly underestimated how powerful 0.3 size was on him. Add on the fact that he gets an extra nade, and no falloff damage on mine. It’s 10x easier to mine-nade combo someone now, and the tire will go faster.

No, that was separate. They fixed it through “bug fix”.

1 Like

Yeah maybe but they just seem like useless changes

We can all agree that he needs the projectile size bc his nades ghost through hitboxes

But the others seen like…not necesary?

His mine is ok, really, best part of his kit probably

Does he need a 6th.nade, tho?

Is it worth to do these many trade offs, to add buffs that he…doesnt really need?

Plus nerfing his ability to bounce grenades kills his identity…

1 Like

It is his best ability, but the falloff damage makes it inconsistent af

It would be to compensate for a slow rate of fire. And the point of nerfing that is to read spam easier. However, he will actually dish out more grenades in a fight than before.

1 Like

People that complain about Junk’s low skill floor in fact have low skill themselves if they can’t dodge slow moving grenades. Also Junk if one of the loudest heroes so you should always know where he is.

2 Likes

It’s pretty telling when a player can balance a hero and remove almost all of his occasional nature, spammy playstyle and how unfun he is to play against better than the actual developers…

Just having these alone would be pointless though.

Id rather have it still do 120 damage but be inconsistent, Tbh, Adds a bit to his skill ceeling while we are at it, Take the time to aim the mine for damage and risk dying, or chuck it anywhere just for the CC.

Nah, The people who complain about junkrat will complain still even if “Reading his spam is easier”

These people your trying to cater his primary fire nerfs for (the ones who dislike his spam) Will keep on running on the grenades and dying and complaining, these people have no intrest in watching their own play, nor adapting to the game, they want the game to adapt to their own inaptitude, and while me saying this may come out as a bit rude, Its really something tiring that heroes have to be changed due to a groups inaptitude

theres no helping this people other than telling them to git gud or just straight up ignoring the until they understand what their doing wrong

or they are just extremely biased as well…(a large group of the anti-junk group are mainly skill elitists…) Like the people who are like “WELL, HE DOESNT HAVE TO AIM, SO” and then will disregard any argument that you give…You cangive them a whole mathematical equation calculating the probability of win based on Skill, make a graph of it, present scenarios and make a 650 page essay on it, and they will disregard it because “Well you are X rank” or “you just want to make the game to be easier because your bad”

i think junkrats spammy playstyle should be preserved, Im against changing heroes extremely abruptly like happend with others…, While at the same time improving other aspects of her kit as well, their primary playstyle can be modified abit to adapt to the new changes, But out-right making it either non functional, Impossible, just bad to use damages the heros uniqueness

You do realize there was a time shortly after his buff when junkrat was basically a meta pick in the pro scene and high up on the ladder, right? It’s a fair bit disingenuous to just claim that anyone who gets hit by a junkrat grenade just needs to git gud.

Yeah im aware of that, but that was because of his mines and quick charging ult, Not his primary fire, But you misunderstood what i said,

I didnt say that “everyone who gets hit by a grenade is bad at the game”

im trying to say that people who keep, Consistently, running into predicteable spam pattersn, or just striaght up keep dying to a junkthat that is mashing M1 on the same exact place for the past 2 minutes, then whine the character is OP

They are the ones who git gud

Even i sometimes gets caught by a grenade that i didnt expect, I cant dodge everything, And ofc i get frustrated at the moment, But really, its normal to die in the game. but these people dont get it,

Im refering to those who REFUSE, to watch their own play and improve in things that are very clearly THEIR FAULT, in favor of complaining to get heros changed

Junkrat doesnt need a nerf. At this point if they wont buff his projectile size then I would say make his primary fire take less time between shots. So it doesnt take so long between shots when I am surrounded by enemies at close range.

Keep firerate same but jncrease reload time

The 20 reduction thing would be only applied once since it now bounces once assuming u dont chamge recent patch bounce less policy

Would say the air mine thing goes to 90~100 relative to the distance

I could of course be wrong, but I’m like 90% sure this is not the complaint most people have.

I for example wanted his spam put under control not because I’m stupid and walk right into it, but because the amount of bouncing and roll that they had very often made them go to places they were never intended to go as the junkrat. You could spam them down a hallway and literally kill someone from behind in a room over without even intended to shoot them there. Every time I myself played junkrat I’d get a staggering number of kills by accident on people I wasn’t even aiming for.

To suggest that anyone who wanted his spam nerfed is just bad and needs to git gud is just being naive.