Being suspended for my Internet Crashing

Been playing for a good month, and on 3 separate occasions, my router restarted because of it’s temporary degraded quarantine quality. On these 3 times it occurred, I was disconnected from the game server and when it reconnected, I found myself suspended.

Now, I see the problem is clearly from my side but I wanted to suggest for the team to make a system in where the server knows I didn’t leave by choice and my internet suffered a shortage and get reconnected to my game after an internet issue. At the very least, please try to implement this in Overwatch 2.
kthxbai

Unfortunately, there is absolutely no way for the server to tell the difference between a user disconnecting due to an ISP outage versus somebody unplugging their router as a way to bypass potential leaver penalties. Learn more about Blizzard’s policies about leaving Competitive games including disconnections here:

Thanks for the reply, I should’ve known that at least a few people would have the same problem and should’ve looked into it more. How is that that other games, such as Valorant, could connect to instantly back to the game during an internet outage?

You have to understand that each game service uses their own servers which is often in completely different geographical locations. I also know that Valorant has a larger number of server locations worldwide. This means a closer server is going to have a better time to reconnect. In the end, trying to compare one internet service to another is not going to be an accurate way to troubleshoot a connection to the suspect game service.

A WinMTR test can however provide a clear idea of what is going on however.

WinMTR instructions:

1. Download WinMTR from Download WinMTR-v092.zip (WinMTR) (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
  2. Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
  3. Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
  4. Run the WinMTR.exe
  5. Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
    Network Graph
    note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 12.34.56.78:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 12.34.56.78
  6. Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
  7. Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
  8. Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between: ~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~

If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:

• US West - 24.105.30.129
  • US Central - 24.105.62.129
  • Brazil - 54.207.107.12
  • Europe Netherlands - 185.60.114.159
  • Europe France - 185.60.112.157
  • Korea - 211.234.110.1
  • Taiwan - 203.66.81.98
  • Australia - 37.244.42.56

Yea. It’s harsh but this type of competitive games require stable internet connection. If you love the game and care about your teammates. you should make sure the equipment is working well.

I fully understand now. Thanks for explaining it to me.